Introduce yourself

Options
talamer
talamer Posts: 516 Member
Hey all,

I'm glade to make this group to get all friends and people who are living within the same area to give all the support to each other.

so, everyone talk breifly about your self so all get to know u :)

I will start:

My name is Talal, 28 years old, height 164 cm (I know I'm a short LOL), living and born in Bahrain. I never had an issue my weight only until I reached to college few years! approx. I was 22 yrs old! I had lost around 24 kgs so far and trying to maintain my weight to stay the same...I'm looking forward to get rid of some of the fat inside my body and gain lean mass as I want to be ripped and toned! Of course will be happy to have my 6-pack LOL!

Always looking forward to have friends so we can support & motivate each other to get to our goals!

I always keep in my mind that the fitness is a lifestyle and never gonna be a diet for some period of time!

so "Eat Clean, Train Mean, Live Lean" ;)

Good luck everyone!

Tal xx

Replies

• neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm a Brit living in Bahrain.... I like to lift heavy things. I used to be obese, got down to about 22% body fat, decided to maintain that for a while, and I'm currently eating for lean mass and strength gains. I'd much rather have a 300lb+ deadlift than 6 pack abs and didn't like the changes in my body going lower than 22% body fat, so I'm not going to go lower than that. My focus is on being strong, fit and healthy, not on aesthetics, although I like how my body looks as well as being able to lift heavy things.

I also really like walking... trouble is the climate here is not really good for that!! Winter's better....
  • talamer
    Options
    Hi, I'm a Brit living in Bahrain.... I like to lift heavy things. I used to be obese, got down to about 22% body fat, decided to maintain that for a while, and I'm currently eating for lean mass and strength gains. I'd much rather have a 300lb+ deadlift than 6 pack abs and didn't like the changes in my body going lower than 22% body fat, so I'm not going to go lower than that. My focus is on being strong, fit and healthy, not on aesthetics, although I like how my body looks as well as being able to lift heavy things.

I also really like walking... trouble is the climate here is not really good for that!! Winter's better....

Hii dear,

I luv ur goals :) really should focus on my strength as well! I'm thinking to do the same program u follow as well after finishing the current program I'm following..But I wanted my six pack so I can get that sexy body that all men are looking for LOL!

I like jogging\walking! and I did it outdoors yesterday! I think I lost all the water inside my body! really u should see how I was sweating! but this called fat cry right?

weather should be better gradually starting from next month!
  • Orient_Charm
    Orient_Charm Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Hi All,
    My name is "Attar" I am from Syria-Aleppo, And I live in Sharjah-UAE.

I work 9 hours/days in front of PC.
    I like Espresso coffee.
    I am fisher also.
    Electrical engineer.
    Marriage with one son.
    And I am sleepy now.

I was a teacher and this is the best work I can do in this life......and by the way when I was a teacher, I was able to remember all female students name, and hardly at the end of every semester I was able to remember males name.

I am yu-yu dieter , I lost and re-gained weight many times.....
    Many times my food like this : Break fast : 105 cal - Lunch : 200 cal - Dinner : 78421987412 cal.

I have been trying to lose about 5 kg from 5 months or more but I couldn't.

Lately I joined new GYM, and I planning to lose my 5 Kg by 2 months.
    I also I am planning to get a bike to help me in this.

what else ?

Would like to have real friend from UAE would to get all in monthly meeting, just to see and support each other more.

OK
    Have a great day everyone.
  • talamer
    Options
    Hi All,
    My name is "Attar" I am from Syria-Aleppo, And I live in Sharjah-UAE.

I work 9 hours/days in front of PC.
    I like Espresso coffee.
    I am fisher also.
    Electrical engineer.
    Marriage with one son.
    And I am sleepy now.

I was a teacher and this is the best work I can do in this life......and by the way when I was a teacher, I was able to remember all female students name, and hardly at the end of every semester I was able to remember males name.

I am yu-yu dieter , I lost and re-gained weight many times.....
    Many times my food like this : Break fast : 105 cal - Lunch : 200 cal - Dinner : 78421987412 cal.

I have been trying to lose about 5 kg from 5 months or more but I couldn't.

Lately I joined new GYM, and I planning to lose my 5 Kg by 2 months.
    I also I am planning to get a bike to help me in this.

what else ?

Would like to have real friend from UAE would to get all in monthly meeting, just to see and support each other more.

OK
    Have a great day everyone.

Nice to meet yea Attar :) u are one of my supportive friends :) & the only male I know on MFP living nearby! Ohhh I'm such a lair! I added one yesterday as well LOL!

I just know that u were a teacher before, interesting!!

keep pushing harder to get to your goals bro! and feel free to invite all ppl u know who are living nearby to this group ...

About the meeting we will get to that soon! I'm planning to visit my brother in UAE maybe next October :) !! Also want to visit Gitex! as I'm an Information Technology guy!!

Have a good day bro!
  • terriblyn
    terriblyn Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I am Terril, currently living in Oman.
    I like to constantly challenge myself and lift heavy.
    Lately, I've been focusing on cutting while maintaining strength.
    The best compliment is when my husband, who I work with and see nearly 24 hours a day, stops and says, "you're looking gooood these days!" The best feeling comes from when I surprise myself at the strength I can achieve if I just STFU and get my bum to the gym!
    Glad to meet you all (except Neandermagnon...we're old buddies)!!
  • Orient_Charm
    Options
    Hi Terri nice to meet you
  • Orient_Charm
    Options
    Talal,
    Let me know when you will come,
    I am here in UAE since 2008 and I have visited GITEX only one time.
  • Helenca76
    Helenca76 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Hi,:flowerforyou:
    Am Helen, British/Welsh living in Abu Dhabi since 2011.
    Started my weight loss journey earlier this year after a scary asthma attack in February put me in hospital. I realised that if I weighed less and was fitter, I would never have suffered so badly.
    I lost 10lbs on my own but plateaued for weeks before embarking on the 5:2 diet and joining MFP as of the 16th June. Since then I have lost another 14lbs and gone down (almost) 2 dress sizes.
    Determined not to be the 'fat one' in any more of my friends pictures!!
  • Orient_Charm
    Options
    Hi,:flowerforyou:
    Am Helen, British/Welsh living in Abu Dhabi since 2011.
    Started my weight loss journey earlier this year after a scary asthma attack in February put me in hospital. I realised that if I weighed less and was fitter, I would never have suffered so badly.
    I lost 10lbs on my own but plateaued for weeks before embarking on the 5:2 diet and joining MFP as of the 16th June. Since then I have lost another 14lbs and gone down (almost) 2 dress sizes.
    Determined not to be the 'fat one' in any more of my friends pictures!!

Nice to meet you Helen :)
  • minisumo
    minisumo Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    It's so nice to meet people in the same part of the world!

I'm Sarah, originally from the UK but have lived in the UAE for 22 years - first 2 years in Abu Dhabi and the rest in Dubai. I came out here with my parents and brothers when my dad got a job. We're all still here and my dad is still in the same job!

I've slowly gained a lot of weight since turning 30 - the famous 'Dubai stone' (make that 3!) - but when I turn 40 next February I'd like to be the size I was 10 years ago. I've just started New Rules of Lifting for Women, so I know I won't get back to the same weight, but to get back into all my tiny dresses again would be wonderful!

I'm also doing Eat Stop Eat (like 5:2) which is brilliant and suits me far more than the drudgery of calorie counting for the rest of my life.

Although I've been on MFP for a while, I'm always falling off the wagon so I'm basically starting again from now. But, like Helen, I'm tired of being the fat friend in pictures and I'm determined to be the gorgeous one in my 40th birthday pics :happy: So you all have my permission to give me a kick in the pants every now and then to keep me on track!
  • Orient_Charm
    Options
    It's so nice to meet people in the same part of the world!

I'm Sarah, originally from the UK but have lived in the UAE for 22 years - first 2 years in Abu Dhabi and the rest in Dubai. I came out here with my parents and brothers when my dad got a job. We're all still here and my dad is still in the same job!

I've slowly gained a lot of weight since turning 30 - the famous 'Dubai stone' (make that 3!) - but when I turn 40 next February I'd like to be the size I was 10 years ago. I've just started New Rules of Lifting for Women, so I know I won't get back to the same weight, but to get back into all my tiny dresses again would be wonderful!

I'm also doing Eat Stop Eat (like 5:2) which is brilliant and suits me far more than the drudgery of calorie counting for the rest of my life.

Although I've been on MFP for a while, I'm always falling off the wagon so I'm basically starting again from now. But, like Helen, I'm tired of being the fat friend in pictures and I'm determined to be the gorgeous one in my 40th birthday pics :happy: So you all have my permission to give me a kick in the pants every now and then to keep me on track!

Hi Sarah,
    Pleased to meet you
  • talamer
    Options
    @Terril: Hey :) Nice to meet ya!! always good to have friends living in the same area! with same goal in changing their life to healthy life style :) !!

@Orient_Charm: Of course I will let you know ;) !!

@Helen: Hey Helen! Nice to meet you :) and wishing u are recovered now! u have done an amazing job!! I'm tired from being the only guy who is not ripped hahahah! u know I spent two years in losing weight! so now trying to fill that space with some muscles to get lean! wish me luck!

@Sara: Hey Sara :) it was nice to meet yea! wow then u spend ur entire life living in UAE! interesting.. so I think you speak Arabic better than me now? LOL! I like the method u are using! bcoz I know logging food and counting calories daily is a boring job! but for me I'm trying to log my food all week except weekends! I have been falling off and on many times! but I will not fall this time! bcoz I'm the beast :D!! the kick is coming to you on all the way from Bahrain! ;-)
  • Sara2184
    Sara2184 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Hmm I feel like I've been here before. Did the old threads disappear?

Nice to umm meet you all by the way. I'm living in Qatar.
  • talamer
    Options

Nice to meet you Sara :)

well, the group was deleted, so I remake new one! as Trina didn't want to be an administrator for the group :)!
  • Sara2184
    Sara2184 Posts: 183 Member
    Options

Nice to meet you Sara :)

well, the group was deleted, so I remake new one! as Trina didn't want to be an administrator for the group :)!

Ah! Thanks boss :) & nice to meet you again
  • tas3980
    tas3980 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

My name is Trina. I'm an Australian that's been living in the UAE for six years. I have just turned 33 (literally a couple of days ago!!) and am single with no children. I have a sedentary job.

I was the administrator for the previous group but accidentally deleted the whole thing when I relinquished my admin rights, haha!

I have been on my new lifestyle journey since June 2012 and have lost 17kgs in this time. I haven't had a real workout session since I stopped with my trainer but really need to get back in it. My colleagues have convinced me to run a marathon early next year so I need to get a wriggle on with training!

I love to travel... Currently on a 12 day vacation in Laos and Thailand! :-)

Wishing everyone the best with their goals!!!!! :smile:

Cheers
    Trina
  • hossamfadel2
    Options
    Hi ,my name is Hossam am living in Saudi Arabia ,am a MMA professional it's awesome to meet people with same interest in living a fit clean and lean life style ,hope to see you all achieving what you wish for