new here...a quetion about working out and...

Options
iwantwow
iwantwow Posts: 152 Member
Hi ...i just came through this JUDDD today (more specifically 2 hours back) and have decided to start it from tommoroe...i have some questions...
how do u manage ur exercise days on DD?
do u workout at same intensities on all the days?
has anyone seen results(good) with working out only on UD?
most important ..is anyone with hypothyroid doing this with not messing their blood work ?
please i need everyone's input ...i have been on same weight for last 3 months and just when i was ready to give up(just found out about high thyroid levels and was trying to reach goal weight in july as i want to plan for my second child soon)..i read about JUDDD...

Replies

• iwantwow
    Options
    someone..
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    how do u manage ur exercise days on DD?

I do cardio workouts the same on both up and down days. If I lift, I prefer lifting on up days.
    do u workout at same intensities on all the days?

For cardio, yeah. For lifting - I found that I was not able to maintain the same intensity on down days.
    has anyone seen results(good) with working out only on UD?

It depends on your goals - I wanted the extra cardio days (I want to increase my distance and speed), but was getting good weight loss either way.

I can't help with the thyroid questions.
  • iwantwow
    Options
    JUDDing@thanks for answering...that is a real help....it was my first day and i did workout for 30 minutes ...i am feeling good ,had some hunger pangs but will get use to it in some time...
  • jayrudq
    jayrudq Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    You heard from an expert...Most of us don't do any heavy lifting on DD's and save that for UD's. Cardio is just fine on DD and there is some evidence out there that your workout may be more effective if done while still fasting. I personally never have an issue running on my DDs.

Good luck!
  • unstrungharp
    Options
    I have found that sometimes my workouts are better on down days... but I usually have had some caffeine before the workout. That can make a huge difference. I usually do whatever kind of workout I feel like doing, whether it's an up day or down day, but that tends to leave heavy lifting for the up days. And I don't beat myself up over missing a workout on a down day, if that happens. :)

I did want to address the hypothyroid question, too. I am (was?) hypothyroid, but my doctor and I are 99% sure it is due to a pituitary problem rather than thyroid. I was diagnosed with a pituitary tumor (prolactinoma) although it was never found on the brain MRI scan. I've been treated with bromocriptine and a small dose of Synthroid, which straightened out the thyroid numbers on my blood work after a couple of months. But as for how this diet may or may not have affected it.... I was just eating very low carb at the time of my initial diagnosis. I changed my diet shortly afterwards to JUDDD, and it has been while JUDDDing that my numbers have improved on all my blood tests. I have also lost about 11 pounds, which I am very happy about. I think that it's a combination of the medications straightening out my hormones as well as the diet.

I hope this info is helpful!