Introduce yourself...

Options
Hi, I'm Toya. I'm a 19 year old student who decided that I no longer wanted to be fat or chubby anymore. I ballooned to a size I thought Ill never get to and these last 5/6 months I've been doing this lifestyle so I can change my life for the better and be a totally new person for my 20s.

I would love to meet new people on here and hear people stories and how they want to lose and how they have. Losing weight is a process and I know it's inspiring to meet people who have been through it and that is going though it now too.

Replies

• bfuller75253
    bfuller75253 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Bobbie. I'm 43 years old and have been struggling to lose my last 10 lbs to reach my goal. I have been a member of Myfitness Pal for a while now but not using it as I should. I'm hoping by joining a group it will provide me with the motivation I need to reach my goal.

I look foward to losing weight with all the members.

Bobbie
  • ktc1968
    ktc1968 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I am Karen and 44, getting back onto MFP so today is day one. I am looking for some support and motivation to get back on track with my weight loss, things have been getting way out of hand.
  • inflight2000
    Options
    Hey guys :),
    This is inflight2000, I started using MyfitnesPall just over a week ago, like Bobie I would like to lose 10 more pounds. It's not easy to lose the last 10. Instead ove a pound or 2 a day it's like a few ounces. I don't mind it though, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel :). BTW I'm a male age 60.
  • donniesaurous
    donniesaurous Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I'm 24, nearly 25. Three years ago I got down to my goal weight, but I didn't maintain and let things slide, I had bundles of excuses of why I didn't lose weight and 60lbs later I was only 4lbs away from my heaviest ever weight (again).

Four weeks in, (third week back on MFP logging everything I eat) I've lost 10 of those lbs, and I have no idea why I made all the excuses I did and stick to a plan!

I'm not eating any weird fad diet, or starving myself silly, just 1500cal worth of normal family meals (i.e much smaller portions) and as much exercise as I can fit around my long working week!

I'm hoping to be at my target weight and maintaining that goal weight by this time next year. A year isn't that far away, one year can change a lot, it's up to you to change it the right way.
  • melba_321
    melba_321 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hi. I just started here at MFP. I am in my late 30's and trying to lose my last 10-12 pounds. My biggest concern is trying to build muscle mass, while losing that stubborn fat and becoming healthier.
  • Stefanie778
    Stefanie778 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Stefanie and I just started using MFP yesterday. I am the proud mom of four adult children and we just welcomed our first grandson into the family on July 31. I have about 30 lb to lose, but more importantly, I want to be the crazy active grandma who can run around the soccer field, or take the kids swimming or biking or do whatever they want without having to worry that I can't keep up! I am also a vegan, and have just undergone some surgery so I am still not ready to do much exercise beyond walking. I have gotten very lazy and bad about my eating and exercise habits over the past few months, so hope this kickstarts me back into the right direction.

I am looking forward to connecting with other people looking to get in better shape and share some of our ups and downs, great tips, and sometimes words of encouragement. It makes things so much easier!
  • 4michellelong
    4michellelong Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    HAPPY FRIDAY!!

My name is Michelle and I have been on MFP for a little more than a month. I am really enjoying it but would like to build my circle with many more positive people. I try to encourage as much as I can. I have a very, very long journey ahead of me but I am ready and full of strength.
  • queenegreene
    queenegreene Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm queene- my nickname b-c my 28 yo daughter still thinks she's a princess! I started exercising deliberately about 1 year ago and added mfp in January this year. Have lost abt 23 lbs in that year- have abt 50 more to go - trying to lose slow and steady, just the same way I put all that weight on me to begin with :smile: . I've taken some time "off" over past two months to just maintain my loss for a while- successful so far. In the past I've always lost rather quickly to goal but then could not maintain. So I'm trying something a little different this time- to change my lifestyle instead of diet with no real intent to continue that effort forever. Never wanted to join a group before I made it to this "maintain" phase, but I joined a challenge group recently and am enjoying that, so I thought I would add a "support" group this time. This group seems like a very interesting mix of people - young to not so young -like me, almost goal to just starting out, and every where in between!
  • joan280
    joan280 Posts: 13
    Options
    Hi--my name is joannie1952--I need to lose about 50 lbs and I am working very hard with the exercise because I don't want to starve myself to lose weight. I don't want a lot of friends because they would be hard to keep up with but I can still pick up a couple more--there's always room for one more! Hugs joannie
  • DDSA52
    DDSA52 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    HI. I'm Dot, 52 and just finished my first week on this account. Had another account for 3-4 weeks. sorry, my memory sucks when it comes to time issues due to the Fibromyalgia. My goal is to loose another 55 lbs. I've lost 46lbs since Oct.2012. Getting my eating right, now trying to find exercises I can do with Fibromyalgia.