August 25th exercise

Options
jenifr818
jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
Hey everyone

Since today officially marks the 4-month to go mark, I have to ask: what have we done for exercise today?

Today, I played baseball (including base running!) for 90 minutes with my other half. MFP calculated it as 687 calories burned, but because I've learned the hard way to never trust this site's calculations, I cut that down almost in half and calling it 359 burned. Tonight, I'll be doing some DDP Yoga, which will burn about 200 calories. I will then collapse on my bed and sleep VERY well!!

Let's bust our butts this week, and remember we're doing it in order to give ourselves the best gift we could ever receive: HEALTH!

~Jenn

Replies

• lrskt
    lrskt Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I jogged for 15 minutes, did situps, pushups and leglifts. I need to remember that TV time is perfect for exercising!
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    We're under a heat advisory here so my plan for a 3 mile trail hike outside got scrapped. Instead I did the 3 mile Walk Away the Pounds DVD (47 minutes) and a Yoga DVD (something I got from Netflix that combines yoga with a stability ball which turned out to be a little too easy).
  • christinecsaucier
    christinecsaucier Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Turbo Jam here for 30 MInutes! Felt good!
  • prissybunny
    prissybunny Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Walked 15 mins
  • Pizazz16
    Pizazz16 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Took a 60 minute 4 mile walk bright and early this morning. You wouldn't believe all the squirrels that were out today! :happy:
  • Akjenn89
    Akjenn89 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Turbofire for 45 minutes.
  • bluestarlight19
    bluestarlight19 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    The only exercise I did yesterday involved the typical food/stuff shopping and laundry. I consider laundry exercise because it involves 3 flights of stairs every trip, I have to do on average 5 loads and then carry the 30lb bags of laundry back up said stairs.

I had actually been doing ok working up but have stalled the last couple of weeks (11 month old had a bad couple of nights and that set me back sleep wise... now she is sick...bleh!) So I'm hoping this week to jump back on my program I set up. I'm going to print out a log sheet and everything and hang it where I can see it (like right over my computer monitor screen) So I don't say "Oh i'm too tired" and start playing candy crush :D
  • Trishastacey
    Options
    My exercise for the day involved a 30 min. workout to start the morning and a 30min. afternoon session of skipping and jogging, my meals were also reduced and nothing consumed after 6pm except a cup of tea. Hoping to continue through the four month period just as successful as I started keep up your good work guys and remember obstacles are the frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal. Good luck!:smile:
  • HardyGirl4Ever
    HardyGirl4Ever Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone

Since today officially marks the 4-month to go mark, I have to ask: what have we done for exercise today?

Today, I played baseball (including base running!) for 90 minutes with my other half. MFP calculated it as 687 calories burned, but because I've learned the hard way to never trust this site's calculations, I cut that down almost in half and calling it 359 burned. Tonight, I'll be doing some DDP Yoga, which will burn about 200 calories. I will then collapse on my bed and sleep VERY well!!

Let's bust our butts this week, and remember we're doing it in order to give ourselves the best gift we could ever receive: HEALTH!

~Jenn

You do DDP Yoga? I have that. I was doing it until I got sick, and now I don't want to start it again until I have the heart rate monitor. (it's out of stock)

I don't trust the calories either, so I enter my exercise in the comments box and let my fitbit put on my food page how many calories I've burned.