Do you log your NROLFW workouts in MFP? If so, how?

Options
phieaglefan
phieaglefan Posts: 107 Member
Hi all, I did a search for this and couldn't find exactly what I was looking for. I use a fitbit for my walking, and love it -seems pretty accurate and it puts my TDEE at almost exactly the same as my calculations. But of course it does not calculate any calorie burn for lifting types of exercises.

Do any of you log your NROLFW workouts in MFP? I have been putting them in at 30 minutes of light/medium calisthenics. Just looking for input.

To be fair, I have calculated what NROLFW says I should eat on lifting and non-lifting days, and I keep that figure in the back of my mind, but I would still like to see the 'credit' for it when I look at MFP.

Replies

• griffx12
    griffx12 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I just hit add - its not in MFP. My fitbit will give me an adjustment at the end of the day too.
  • siany01
    siany01 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    If you go under the cardio bit and search strength training it comes up. That's what I log it as.
  • chuckles9189
    chuckles9189 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I log 30 minutes for 300 calories. That was the difference in calories the book gave me for lifting/non-lifting days. So that's what I go by.

I have my numbers set just above my BMR so that I eat back and fitbit/ exercise calories.
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    If you go under the cardio bit and search strength training it comes up. That's what I log it as.

Me too. I get 169 for 60 mins - which at my weight is probably not too far off. I'd rather underestimate than over estimate. Someone here posted 300 for 30 mins but I only get that kind of burn if I'm running (checked with hrm)
  • phieaglefan
    phieaglefan Posts: 107 Member
    Options

Found it! Boy do I feel stupid. I know I searched, but probably didn't search for 'strength' under cardio. FWIW, it gave me 105 calories for 30 minutes.

Thank you all!
  • Polly758
    Polly758 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I log 30 minutes for 300 calories. That was the difference in calories the book gave me for lifting/non-lifting days. So that's what I go by.

That's what I do, too. That way you don't have to keep the calorie goal "in the back of your mind"-- it shows up right there.
  • teddiebare
    teddiebare Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar heart rate monitor that I found on Craig's List for $20. I wear that when I lift and then add the actual calories burned as strength training under cardio. I have a fitbit for steps during the day, but I like to see what I actually burn from the HRM.
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I use my Polar FT7 heart rate monitor and enter the calories under a custom entry, but I do not eat them back 1:1, as I don't think there's an accurate way to really determine calories burned during strength training.
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    HRMs are not designed for lifting. They are designed for steady state cardio. Any reading on those is likely to be pretty inaccurate