Help to rid my muffin top!!

Options
xWendyJonesx
xWendyJonesx Posts: 266 Member
Hello ladies,

I've got just 6lbs to loose til I get to my goal weight, at the moment I seem to be maintaining as the scales haven't moved for ages, I'm not too worried as its the school holidays, we've had days out and holidays, so as long as I'm not gaining I'm happy.

Now I know you can't spot reduce, but I'd like to know what I can do to help reduce my muffin top, which is my main problem area, exercise wise, at the moment I walk to work and back 4 times a week approx 3 miles, I do a 5 - 10mile bike ride on a Monday night, a gym workout on a Thursday and a Zumba class on a Friday, once the kids are back at school I can get back to my Monday morning gym workout and I'm going to try a Pilates class.

Any help and advice is very much appreciated.

Replies

• Mslmesq
    Mslmesq Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Hate to be the bearer of bad news, and I'm not trying to be snarky, but usually I only have a muffin top (no matter how thin or heavy I am) if I'm wearing clothes that are too small.

With that said, I'm a firm believer in pilates for toning the core. Also, 'sideovers' are great for those side muscles of our stomach. http://pilates.about.com/od/pilatesequipment/ss/Pilates-Step-Barrel-Workout-With-Rael-Isacowitz_9.htm

Good luck! Btw, you look great in your picture!
  • xWendyJonesx
    xWendyJonesx Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Thank you.

By muffin top I mean the extra roll of flesh above my belly button, it's there even when I'm naked so it's not just the clothes I'm wearing.

I'm really looking forward to trying out the Pilates class, Ive just got to wait for the kids to go back to school and I get back into my normal routine, Monday 9th sept 9:30 I'll be there.
  • stephaniefiteni
    stephaniefiteni Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Core exercises

Training Legs and lower back (yes), Decline sit up benches whilst carrying a 10kg weight on your chest and using your hands to hold the weight there - you can always change the decline on these benches and the weight used.

Popular basic ones: weighted Crunches, Side Bends, Russian Twists.

Educate yourself on metabolism boosters, antioxidants and foods that naturally burn fat.
  • FrankiesSaysRelax
    FrankiesSaysRelax Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    The only way to reduce it is to lose weight overall. Additionally, consider heavy lifting.
  • LittleCulturedPearl
    LittleCulturedPearl Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Thank you.

By muffin top I mean the extra roll of flesh above my belly button, it's there even when I'm naked so it's not just the clothes I'm wearing.

I'm really looking forward to trying out the Pilates class, Ive just got to wait for the kids to go back to school and I get back into my normal routine, Monday 9th sept 9:30 I'll be there.

I have one, too, and I think it's very unflattering.
    If you're unsure whether it's excess fat or that you simply need to tone, check your body fat percentage and BMI (Body Mass Index). That way, you can be sure that you're taking the right measures to get rid of your muffin top. For me, it's a combination of having too much body fat and not being toned. I currently weigh 137 lbs and my BF% is 26% or so, and my BMI is 22....too high! From my past experience, weight is a factor, but muscle-toning exercises is most critical because it helps redistribute body fat and tighten muscles in the hard-to-get places.