Weekly Challenge

Options

Replies

• NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    My week challenge is actually a "two" week challenge, I goal is to not weigh-in until next Friday, believe it or not this is going to be difficult for me. Sinice I didn't really have positive weigh-in results last week I'm worried that if I still don't see any results this week I'll just give up. I think this diet is worktha real shot, so I'm not going to worry about what I see or don't see on the scale and instead focus on staying on track and sticking to eating well.

Yes....YES! I'm going to have to really exercise faith, but I going to try and take your challenge too. I'm going to try to keep my tail OFF the blasted scale, until my weigh-in days (Sunday)....:indifferent: :love: :wink:

I'm also feeling "Led" to take/put the challenge of NOT counting my cals for the rest of the week...my feasting cals--but only my "fasting cals"--super YIKES...this is going to take "Faith" for me to accomplish too!
  • greenbirdsings
    greenbirdsings Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    My week challenge is actually a "two" week challenge, I goal is to not weigh-in until next Friday, believe it or not this is going to be difficult for me. Sinice I didn't really have positive weigh-in results last week I'm worried that if I still don't see any results this week I'll just give up. I think this diet is worktha real shot, so I'm not going to worry about what I see or don't see on the scale and instead focus on staying on track and sticking to eating well.

Yes....YES! I'm going to have to really exercise faith, but I going to try and take your challenge too. I'm going to try to keep my tail OFF the blasted scale, until my weigh-in days (Sunday)....:indifferent: :love: :wink:

I'm also feeling "Led" to take/put the challenge of NOT counting my cals for the rest of the week...my feasting cals--but only my "fasting cals"--super YIKES...this is going to take "Faith" for me to accomplish too!

:) we can do it! its funny how hard it is to not stress over everything we eat
  • CynthiaEvans
    CynthiaEvans Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I agree with you greenbirdsing!
  • lizz2013
    lizz2013 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Today is the first day of logging a nonfast day in a long time and it has taught me where I am going wrong. I ate SO much and from now on I'm going to take the attitude that if I'm embarrassed to log it I shouldn't be eating it!!!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Today is the first day of logging a nonfast day in a long time and it has taught me where I am going wrong. I ate SO much and from now on I'm going to take the attitude that if I'm embarrassed to log it I shouldn't be eating it!!!

:flowerforyou: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :drinker: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :flowerforyou:

{{{{ Hugs and High Fives }}}}}
  • CynthiaEvans
    Options
    I am on fast now but it seem so easy this time around. I have eaten 300 of he 500 alloted calories. I will just have tea for the rest of the evening. Tomorrow morning I will have a 140 cal yogurt and an 80 calorie snack, which will put me just a tiny over 500. But, I think this will be a good accomplishment if I can hold on until lunch tomorrow. I do fast from noon to noon the following day.:happy:
  • lizz2013
    Options
    I've changed it to skip breakfast and just have a little lunch and dinner. It's easier to keep the calories low that way. Might try the noon til noon idea though.
  • CynthiaEvans
    Options
    Most diet experts say don't skip breakfast. I have skipped breakfast before and it is doable but not easy. I found that skipping breakfast does speed up the weight loss as long as I did not try to make up for it later in the day. I am switching from yogurt and nuts for breakfast to a protein drink. The Atkins drinks are really good. I love nuts but too much fat in them. So for now I have to reduce or elimate the consumption of them for the sake of continued weight loss.
  • lizz2013
    Options
    I think the idea behind the 'don't skip breakfast' rule is that people make up for it later in the day, by eating too much. There seems to be some confusion as to whether eating regularly actually helps the metabolism or not. I figure on fast days I won't be compensating for not eating breakfast so it works for me at the moment. But I adore it so I rarely skip it normally. i'm with you on the nut thing. So tasty yet I can never stick to just a couple....its not enough!
  • lonypony
    lonypony Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Week 1 challenge - reduce alcohol intake - achieved
    Week 2 challenge - eat more fruit - achieved (considering I didn't eat fruit previously I have eaten oranges, strawberries and bananas this week)
    Week 3 challenge (this week) - get below 87kg by accounting for what goes into my mouth. No salty chips or chocolate :frown: !

I would also like to point out my alcohol intake is still minimal and I am also continuing to eat my fruit - having an apple now :happy: :bigsmile:
  • lizz2013
    Options
    well done lonypony! super proud of you :)

my challenges so far have been to eat more fruit and veg, log my calories, reduce sweet things and generally eat less, all of which I am gradually acheiving everyday, but I need to keep going. I'm rubbish with the evening deadlines though, even just doing it for 4 days in a row!
  • CynthiaEvans
    Options
    I have not been able to stick to just protein drinks and green drinks on my fast days. I eat low cal but this last fast I went over cal about 200. I still lost though. I will try again next fast day which is tuesday. I am at 180 now almost in the 170s so i gotta due this, doing so would be a major milestone for me. I have not weighed in the 170s for 25 years!
  • lizz2013
    Options
    Cynthia you are doing amazingly! Fingers crossed you'l see 179 very soon!

How is everyone doing? We are officially 1/4 of the way through the challenge now so you should be getting used to what works best for you. This week I'm doing my fast today and friday. Hoping for a big loss after time of the month, especially as I've gained the last 2 weeks. Going to log everything and try to avoid all the sugar and eating without thinking. Avoided a choc biscuit laid out for me this morning :) Goal!
  • greenbirdsings
    greenbirdsings Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I've done well with last week's challenge, which was to not weigh myself. My challege this week will be to not drink( when I have happy hour I usually end up eating everything in sight) and to plan active outings with my friends instead of the usual dinner or shopping trips.
  • lizz2013
    Options
    Sorry I've not been commenting as much. In Ireland with my grandma so not had much time. How is everyone doing? I've been eating lots of veg and walking more. Logging everything but still struggling with too many calories. How much are you all eating on non fast days?
  • lonypony
    lonypony Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Well I have lapsed with the increasing my fruit intake - I don't think I have done much of that this week. So this weeks challenge is to get back on that boat.

I think this past weeks challenge went well, I ate reasonably well on my non-fast days and I believe it showed in the scales with a 1 kg loss.

Will continue to do exactly what I am doing.
  • luvsunshine1
    luvsunshine1 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    OK, I fell of the wagon with the not having coffee. If I could have it black it would work fine but I have to have sugar in it and when I have coffee with sugar in the morning, I invariably crave sweets (and indulge) at night. Not a good week with that but the last 2 days no coffee and eating much better. So I'm going to continue that plan.
  • lizz2013
    Options
    I know the feeling. I treat myself to coffee with sugar in the morning and try to have it just with milk for the rest of the day and that works most of the time (although when I'm sad or tired I have to have that extra kick)

This week's challenge is to aim for 1200 net cals for the week. I have trouble with this but hopefully with more clean eating I'll get there :) Plus I'm starting the blogilates app workouts from today and going to the gym weekdays and aiming for 10k steps. Fingers crossed I'll see a loss as I've been around the same weight for 2 months now!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • CynthiaEvans
    Options
    On non fast days I try to eat between 1200 and 1500 calories. It is important to watch the fat and sugar. I use stevia instead of sugar in my coffee. Also the water is important, I try to drink a mimimum of 8 glasses a day.
  • loui1234
    loui1234 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    My challenge for this week is to stick to TDEE on non-fast days, need to stop undoing all my good work!