Introduction

Options
I thought I would say hello :) I have been married almost 5 years now (with my husband for 12 years total). I started in May 2013 getting back into shape after having our 2 children (4 and 2). I am down 17lbs and trying so hard to get to that 20lb mark! Glad there is a group for us wives out there :)

Replies

• Jennyd1314
    Jennyd1314 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I.'ll introduce myself, I.'ve been married for 9 years, with husband for 13. We have twin boys age 4. Have lots to lose, battled with my weight forever, this time I want to be a healthy weight which I can maintain.
  • CampMom10
    CampMom10 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Lori. I've been married 5 years, and have a three year old daughter. My husband got a new job last year working for an outdoor recreation (zipline) company. Damn! Those girls are fit!! I've always been in pretty good shape, but I wanted to be able to keep up with some of the other wives/girlfriends on rock climbing trips and hikes instead of just sit by and watch. I've spent the last three weeks really watching the way I eat, allowing myself three cheat meals a week (Monday-Sunday) where calories and ingredients don't count. This has really helped me out. This week (again, I count weeks M-Sun) I am amping up my workout (HIIT/weights etc) schedule to 3x/week. Next week, we start back in with our school district boot camp class (provided for us by our insurance company) which I am really excited for, and will bring me up to 4x/week. I try to run 3 miles once or twice a week, and am training for a 10K in October.

I'm hopeful we are able to support each other and share some successes and strategies.

Happy journey to everyone!
  • tstarnes05
    Options
    Hi there, I have been married almost ten years and have 3 children, they are pretty close in age and I have gained a lot of weight from that. I would love to get back to what I was before I got married. My goal weight is 125 which is probably about right for my height (5'5). My biggest challenge that I am running into is that I do not have a lot of money to spend on "healthy" foods. Its so much cheaper to not. That will be something I will need to learn to eat healthy on a tight budget. I look forward to the progression on this journey!
  • seizethesky
    Options
    This sounds like a great group! I just got married in June (been with husband 4.5 years) and am looking forward to really getting in shape (I finished grad school right before the wedding - didn't help with the whole "eat right and exercise" thing). I'm also new to MFP so any tips/suggestions are really appreciated!
  • hils2284
    hils2284 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi all
    I've been married for five years no kids yet but planning to try next year so want to get fit and healthy for that!
    Husband recently lost weight an got into shape so want to look great for him like he does for me!
    Have lost stone an half so far bout another 4 to go to hit target!
    Hils x
  • izzychow
    izzychow Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Been married for 11 years...have a wonderful daughter who's off to university this Septemeber...I began my healthy living approx 1 year ago, when i decided I dont want to become sick becuase of my lifesytle, food choices and lack of exercise....so I started my weight lose journal...I've been successful from a starting weight of 233, to today down 18lbs....but I'm stuck and lack motivation...so here I am and motivated again...ladies we can do this!!
  • vickiandrews
    vickiandrews Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Hi. My name is Vcki and I've been married to Jason for 14 years. We had our daughter 4 years ago. Like most brides to be I made the effort to lose some of the excess weight and did the whole diet and exercise thing. Then piled it all back on again as I sat on the sofa for too often and for far too long! Have been on this mfp journey for about 18 months now, logging in everyday since our holiday last year and have lost over 2 stone. For the first time ever I can actually see myself reaching the point if having a good bmi.

Feel free to add me as a friend and we can all help each other through our own journey, where ever that may be. xxx
  • Mrsfitgoals
    Options
    Hi all! Thanks so much for your introductions! I'm a new bride and i worked out hard/ate really well before the wedding. I was at the point where I even lost cravings for food! I just ate to fulfill the calorie requirements and i worked out a lot. Now that the wedding has passed two weeks ago, we went to an all inclusive resort (for our honeymoon), and I am back to my bad habits of stuffing my face and eating like no tomorrow! im having a hard time getting back on the workout train. I really want to lose 7 more lbs ill be extremely happy

i know from my experience with MFP that if i keep up with it i can do it, i just have to get started UGH
  • silviaandersonsmith
    Options
    Greetings. I've never done this before so I figured I would introduce myself as well. I have been married for 6 years and have a beautiful 5 years old daughter. My weight sky rocketed after I gave birth, yet some how I lost weight, going from 199 pounds to 154 pounds. However, I presume stress and honestly late night binge eating, I went back up to 171 pounds. My sister who is my mother's ideal weight and size introduced me to myfitnesspal and I've tried diligently putting in every single Nutrition Information from every single food item I've consumed. I was so proud of myself until I realized I didn't loose a single pound since I started myfitnesspal at 168 pounds. I read a message on the website one day saying that I did not reach my 1200 calories and so my body would go into starvation mode and hold onto my fat, yet other days it would say if I continue eating MY KOREAN FOOD that I would loose 7-8pounds in five weeks. I DESPERATELY NEED SUPPORT AND GUIDANCE. My mother is Korean and bullies me about how fat and ugly I am and how she doesn't blame my husband for acting the way he does if he had a fat wife like me. I've read and watched the media about the stress and impact of celebrities showing off their post postpartum baby weight loss. It frustrates me because I want to do it the healthy way and I don't have a high metabolism to loose this baby weight I've been carrying around for the past 5 years. Any advice AND SUPPORT would greatly be appreciated.
  • nasrinab
    nasrinab Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, my name is Nasrin and I got married on June 1. I started to gain weight during the wedding planning process, and my eating and exercise habits (or lack thereof) have only gotten worse. Monday I went to the doctor and she said I was about 5 pounds away from being overweight, so I thought I'd try to stop the problem before it got worse. I was hoping to join a group to get some motivation and encouragement — so proud of all you ladies for doing the same! Let's kick butt!
  • nasrinab
    Options
    Greetings. I've never done this before so I figured I would introduce myself as well. I have been married for 6 years and have a beautiful 5 years old daughter. My weight sky rocketed after I gave birth, yet some how I lost weight, going from 199 pounds to 154 pounds. However, I presume stress and honestly late night binge eating, I went back up to 171 pounds. My sister who is my mother's ideal weight and size introduced me to myfitnesspal and I've tried diligently putting in every single Nutrition Information from every single food item I've consumed. I was so proud of myself until I realized I didn't loose a single pound since I started myfitnesspal at 168 pounds. I read a message on the website one day saying that I did not reach my 1200 calories and so my body would go into starvation mode and hold onto my fat, yet other days it would say if I continue eating MY KOREAN FOOD that I would loose 7-8pounds in five weeks. I DESPERATELY NEED SUPPORT AND GUIDANCE. My mother is Korean and bullies me about how fat and ugly I am and how she doesn't blame my husband for acting the way he does if he had a fat wife like me. I've read and watched the media about the stress and impact of celebrities showing off their post postpartum baby weight loss. It frustrates me because I want to do it the healthy way and I don't have a high metabolism to loose this baby weight I've been carrying around for the past 5 years. Any advice AND SUPPORT would greatly be appreciated.

Hello — I just want to say that I'm no expert and have no expert advice, but I fully support you and your health goals. You are beautiful already, and unfortunately sometimes our moms and other loved ones can't see that because they already have an image in their heads of what they think beauty really means. I just joined this group today along with you so let's do this together!

Do you mind if I ask if you also exercise? I noticed you didn't mention it in your post. I don't at all, my job is in front of a desk. But I think just starting small, maybe adding a walk or two a week and going from there? Let's KICK SOME BUTT! :)
  • vickiandrews
    vickiandrews Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

Do you mind if I ask if you also exercise? I noticed you didn't mention it in your post. I don't at all, my job is in front of a desk. But I think just starting small, maybe adding a walk or two a week and going from there? Let's KICK SOME BUTT! :)
    [/quote]

Nasrin I spend the majority of my working day sat at a desk too but have taken to walking during my lunch break. I downloaded the Edmund app and have linked it to my mfp account and now just take my phone and a small amount of change with me and just walk at a reasonable pace anywhere. Figure that if iI walk for 30 mins in one direction then I just have to turn round and go back to the office. Do this a few times a week and you'd be surprised at the result. You might not notice a difference on the scales but your bank balance will appreciate it!
  • nasrinab
    Options
    Thanks for the tip! I will see if I can download that. I did end up just walking on the treadmill yesterday at an incline and it ended up burning so many more calories than I expected. I don't think I ever gave walking it's due. :)