Started first day today :-)

Options
SweetGamer17
SweetGamer17 Posts: 16 Member
I am very proud of myself though it was hard I just kept telling myself I was almost done :-) yay! I am getting one of these shirts when I finish that is my goal :-) and wearing it to my 5k :-)

C25K_zps92007426.png

Replies

• PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Getting started is the hardest step to take and you did great!
    I like that t-shirt. You'll have to work hard to get to that goal but I know you can do it.
  • megster4359
    megster4359 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I started today also. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. I've been walking everyday before this so maybe that's why it wasn't so bad.
  • ShannonKN
    ShannonKN Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Congrats SweetGamer17 and Megster4359! Welcome to the running club! :drinker:
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Yay! Completing the first day is a major accomplishment. I LOVE the shirt. I want one too!!! Is it a technical tee?
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Cute: http://www.cafepress.com/mf/70384931/c25k-grad-women_tshirt

I want to live in the UK -> http://www.completerunner-online.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=80

If anybody in America wants to go in on postage with me...let me know....
  • romyhorse
    romyhorse Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Cute: http://www.cafepress.com/mf/70384931/c25k-grad-women_tshirt

I want to live in the UK -> http://www.completerunner-online.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=80

If anybody in America wants to go in on postage with me...let me know....

I want one! But I live in the UK so can't share postage. That might be a birthday present to myself.
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    OK, now I want one too!!!!!! Great job today!
  • 230137isntmyweight
    230137isntmyweight Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Great job on getting out the door for your first run! And the t-shirt is pretty sweet!
  • Putcake
    Putcake Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the program! I'm into week 3 and loving it. That shirt is great - it's great motivation. I need to create one for my first 5K, something about beating cancer, etc.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    way to go!
  • Goalsat47
    Goalsat47 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to you on doing your first day. I finished Week 2, day one last night and every time out I love it more than the last time.
  • mylla013
    mylla013 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am on week one too! Hoping I can run a 5k by Thanksgiving. A little skeptical, have NEVER been a runner!
  • LMJS
    LMJS Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Well done on getting started & thx for showing that t-shirt, it is fab & I'm so going to treat myself when I get to the end!
    I will be on W2/D3 tomorrow, so still a way to go, but I AM going to do it this time!
    Good luck to you and everyone else who has started :-)
  • chantels1
    chantels1 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Congrats on starting!!! Most of us are addicted to running by week 5! Hope you will be one of us addicts too!!!
  • TomInAiken
    TomInAiken Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I started today also. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. I've been walking everyday before this so maybe that's why it wasn't so bad.

My wife and I just finished W2D1. So far, so good. The toughest part is just finally deciding to do it! You'll find lots of support here from folks who, like you, have made that leap of faith.
  • diadia1
    diadia1 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Congratulations sweet gamer to decide to get in the joy of running. The first day is the hardest. But after a weeks weeks you will love it and get addicted to it (you know runner's high). Once you will be able to run 10 minutes straight you will want to do that for the rest of your life. That is what happened to me a year ago!

Congrats also to everybody else on this thread who are on their beginnings.