Would LOVE some EM2WL friends!

Options
Hey Everyone!!!

So I was introduced to this lifestyle a month ago after discovering the podcast fat2fitradio and decided just yesterday that I think I am mentally ready to begin. I would LOVE to have some supportive (female only) friends as I begin this journey!!

Just some quick stats - I have been on MFP for over a year now and have lost only about a pound a month. I was eating between 1400 and 1600 cals per day but my TDEE - 20% has me eating 2056 and I am TERRIFIED to consistently eat that amount of food haha! I LOVE love love working out (combo of cardio and strength) and would love to get to know some of you who are just starting on this journey or better yet, if you are an expert!! Thanks in advance!!

Kelly :)

Replies

• Feed_the_Bears
    Feed_the_Bears Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Yeah that mental turn around is tough, nearly as tough as stretching your stomach out to eat all that food you've been depriving it. I've been doing EM2WL for about a year, working slowly up to eating TDEE of 2700. This is day 2 of TDEE and I kinda want to barf trying to even get 1800 at dinner. How will I eat another 900 after the gym. Arg. I'm thinking I should eat more fat.

Anyhoo. It's great to be surrounded by people on this journey for reassurance! I've made so much strength gains, energy gains, self esteem gains. I'm eating three times as much as I used to and didn't gain size. Once I get up to TDEE and cut from there I can't wait for some fat losses :P But you have to have the patience for the process of metabolism recovery.

Good luck.
  • trishadams
    trishadams Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hey Kelly - I've been em2wl for almost 2 years. Glad you made the decision to em2wl and, most of all, took your time and made sure you are mentally ready to do this. Feel free to send me a FR. Work has me under the gun right now, but will support you as much as I can.
  • Kelly_fat2fit30
    Options
    Thanks so much ladies!!! Just added you both!!!
  • FourIsCompany
    FourIsCompany Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I sent you a friend request.

I'm still 3 weeks away from reaching my TDEE, but I'm convinced this is the way to go. I've been lifting for a week and I'm already addicted! And of course, my energy level is better than it's been in years with all this good food!

Let's support each other.
  • Sevio
    Sevio Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Hello~
    I have been almost 4 weeks into eating more close to 1900 calories each day. Would love some more friends and to be able to check in with each other to see how it's working. I have gained about 2 lbs since starting this which scares the bejesus out of me.

I too feel this is what I should be doing.
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    I've been on MFP 810 days today. Been involved with EM2WL since the " early days" : ). I'm in body recomposition / sculpting sleekness mode ...

No diets. It's life !
  • GoGoGadgetMum
    GoGoGadgetMum Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I've been doing em2wl since I joined mfp, actually I think I only have em2wl friends.....most of the others get sick of me talking about food or I get sick of them moaning about being hungry...lol
  • AnitraSoto
    AnitraSoto Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well :-)
  • Kelly_fat2fit30
    Options
    Thanks so much girls!!! Added you all :)
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I have been slowly increasing my calories trying to make it up to a 20% cut. I think I am about there now and hoping I will see the scale start moving again. I am trying to break a 3 month long stall. I am one of those people that lost a lot of my weight on a VLCD (less than 1000cal) over several months. I probably should have done a reset but there is just no way I can eat that much even if I tried. I would love to have more friends that are eating more also. Anyone feel free to add me and I am open to any advice on what I might be doing wrong!
  • angelina2585
    angelina2585 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me to :) I've been EM2WL'ing for just over a year. Best decision I ever made. No way would I have stuck to the 1200 cals + exercise cals regime. Would have been killing myself to earn the extra.
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I would love to be friended since I am just coming to the conclusion that this is the way I need to go. I haven't been super low but I have been very inconsistent for quite some time. I would go lower (between 1400-1600) then get hungry, grumpy, tired and flake out. I LOVE lifting weights and have done dumbbell work but since I workout at home I was limited on barbell work because I didn't have a spotter. I'm married to a wood worker though so for my birthday this year he made me a power rack in the garage! I'm ridiculously excited to be able to workout safely now and have started NROL4W again now that I can actually finish it.

I have been reading Tom Venuto's "Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle" (again, I've owned it for two years! :blushing: ) and what this group espouses is in line with what he says. I actually found this group because I was researching eating more calories to lose weight. I have to admit, I am pretty nervous about eating at 2000 calories a day but if it's something I will actually be able to stick with and feel good then I'm willing to try. I want and need to lose weight but my main objective is to be healthy and strong. I have all these food intolerances and issues that I've been working on eliminating so I'm hoping by increasing calories and eating nutrient dense foods I can get in better health. Plus I love feeling strong when I lift and I do occasionally find myself admiring my muscles in the bathroom mirror. I'd kind of like to do more of that. :laugh:
  • DellG85
    DellG85 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    No starvation here! EM2WL is the best thing I've ever done and believe me, I've tried just about every diet going! Never again! Feel free to add me

xDellyLouLoux

xxx
  • FattieBabs
    FattieBabs Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like! Currently at 1800 daily and working for me albeit slowly!
  • FattieBabs
    FattieBabs Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Ps. Only lost 20 pounds over a year but down two dress sizes...
  • Kelly_fat2fit30
    Options
    Awesome!! all added!! :)
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well :)
  • FourIsCompany
    FourIsCompany Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I sent you a friend request. Did you get it?
  • sealevels
    Options
    Add me. :)
  • abrnchood
    abrnchood Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Please add me as well. I am new to EM2WL via Half Size Me as well, and I have been on the journey for about 4 weeks. I am a 48 year old female (I just don't do online picture shots...hope that is ok!!)
    Amy