Question

Options
How do I log the exercise in MFP?

Replies

• zd04
    zd04 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    As I am also doing 30 days shred, I had same doubt but I referred some past topics about 30 days shred calorie count and then I started logging Circuit Training for 20 minutes. As we do some cardio and some intence exercises during the half and hour.
    Actually there is a formula to calculate the burned calories during each session which depends on our weight, height but I couldn't find that perfact formula so I started doing this.
  • drbskinny
    drbskinny Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    A lot of people that I have talked to in the past logged the Shred as Circut Training as we're doing so many different moves & working a lot of different parts of the body. In my previous group, some who logged this way also wore a heart rate monitor & said the calorie burn camparison was very similar.

Personally, I don't log my workouts on MFP (just a preference for another site I started using years ago.) To calculate the calories I burn during the Shred I use the formal that zd04 mentioned (another member posted it from Jillian's website in a group I was in before.)

That formula :
    Your Weight x 3.267... Take that # and divide it by 3... There's your calorie burn!

I have no idea where those #'s came from, but I've compared my #'s calculated to others' using a HRM & also get similar results. Hope that helps!