Anybody here weigh everyday?!

Options
sistatv
sistatv Posts: 53 Member
I weigh every morning when I get up.... And I love it. I try to do it first thing when I get up. And although there is some fluctuations I really enjoy the daily kickstart thinking about my health. I don't live and die by the scale this way. Anybody else a daily weigher? You guys want to start a challenge where we weigh daily and post it? :bigsmile:

Replies

• msjames1999
    msjames1999 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I also weigh everyday, but I only record my weight once a week. I never see any changes in my weight until after my rest day.
  • jorasims
    jorasims Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    No...I find that it's a detergent to my journey especially since I lift...
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I do. But I try not to read into it too closely.
  • MommieTo3Boys
    Options
    I normally weigh once a week but I have started a new work out program called Hip Hop abs and I started weighing everyday since Monday. I just really wanted to try something different. So far, so good. I have not recorded them though, just took a mental note. :smile:
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    no, do not even own a scale.
  • Andrezia
    Andrezia Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday but I only record it once a week. I just have to know and it reminds of what I am trying to acheive.
  • piersons
    piersons Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I weigh first thing every morning but I don't track it.
  • priesterse
    priesterse Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    So I used to weigh in everyday but I decided to stop weighing myself so often since I've read other MFPers post that say it's not a good idea. Well in doing so I have gained back over 10 pounds this summer. So the moral of the story is, I am going back to weighing in every day with the mind set and understanding of how weight fluctuates and why. I believe you have to stay cognizant of your weight so you will stay on task. I believe that the scale is not the only tool in accessing my fitness/weight loss journey but it is a very necessary tool for me.
    12774 Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    So I used to weigh in everyday but I decided to stop weighing myself so often since I've read other MFPers post that say it's not a good idea. Well in doing so I have gained back over 10 pounds this summer. So the moral of the story is, I am going back to weighing in every day with the mind set and understanding of how weight fluctuates and why. I believe you have to stay cognizant of your weight so you will stay on task. I believe that the scale is not the only tool in accessing my fitness/weight loss journey but it is a very necessary tool for me.

I totally agree with you. Weighing everyday keep me on track and my scale is always right.
  • GabyBaby916
    GabyBaby916 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day, but I struggle with whether I should stop or not.

I like doing it because:
    1. I can see trends and correct them before a 5lb gain becomes 50lbs.
    2. I like seeing that my hard work is paying off.

However, the downside for me includes:
    1. Its demotivating when I worked my butt off and the scale doesnt move (or moves in the wrong direction).
    2. Even though I KNOW it is likely water weight, or Aunt Flo visiting, etc, actually SEEING that number does have a mental effect on me.
    3. If the scale has gone down a few days in a row, I've sometimes given myself a mental "thumbs up" to reward myself with something I know I should not eat. This, of course, is counterproductive and always comes back to bite me in the rear end.

I stopped weighing daily and even had my husband hide the scale, but I asked for it back at the beginning of this month.
    I still weigh daily, but I only record/track the Sunday weight.
  • Csymphony
    Csymphony Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I do weigh every day and I don't know if I should. I get so upset when I see no progress.
  • Cabrinii
    Cabrinii Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I never weigh myself every day. I only weigh myself once a week.