Losing weight again

Options
tosha250
tosha250 Posts: 8 Member
I lost 100 lbs in 2003. In the last 2 years I've gain most of it back. Any advice to help me get back in the swing of things. If you can relate a friend in my journey would help.
:brokenheart:

Replies

• Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Never quit, never give up on yourself. Take it one day at a time, because setbacks can and will happen. Eat right, eat clean, do exercises that you actually like, so that you stick with them (I have an MFP pal who has lost weight(50lbs) strictly by dancing everyday for an hour). Set mini goals, dont overwhelm yourself by trying to lose 100lbs in a month, start by eating right one day and doing some walking and then do it again the next, and so on. Then start increasing your workouts, and improving on strength. Everything is gradual. YOu dont want to burn yourself out and then be here again in year. Think of it as a lifestyle change (something that is permanent) and not just a diet (temporary), that way your in this for life the changes will be with you for life. Get a good support system, keep the poisonous "friends" out (they are secretly or blatantly wishing you fail). YOu can do this! You are here because you want to do this, so you're already on the path to success :wink:
  • tosha250
    Options
    Thanks for that push it was needed. The thing is I use to walk every day and ate right, but I was sick for 2 years now I'm just getting were I feel that I'm ready. Again thank you I think I'm going to do some yoga to find my center so I can do more. I think that I felt guilt for not doing something more strenuous. One day at a time
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Thanks for that push it was needed. The thing is I use to walk every day and ate right, but I was sick for 2 years now I'm just getting were I feel that I'm ready. Again thank you I think I'm going to do some yoga to find my center so I can do more. I think that I felt guilt for not doing something more strenuous. One day at a time

Yep! One day at a time and you will be there be for you know it .
  • emeraldj18
    emeraldj18 Posts: 22
    Options
    Lets get started!!! You can lose it again.We have all had setbacks with this challenge but,we must keep going.MFP has really helped me keep motivated.I have had many 'false' starts but I intend to succeed this time.We must learn to make a lifestyle change in addition to thinking of losing weight. It is about eating balanced meals,excercise and concentrate on being healthy.I hop you will add me as a friend as I am always in need of more support.Most days when I read post from my "friends" from this network it is my fuel to "get Started".Have a Great Day and Good luck on your Journey:smile:
  • redrose129
    redrose129 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel. Three years ago, I lost almost 100 pounds as well. I kept it off for 2 years. Last year, was the second worst year of my life, I became really sick, had several things happened, and was beyond stressed. In that time, I gained all of it back plus a little extra....and have been beating myself up about it now that i'm well. I've lost almost 30 pounds since restarting but every pound has been a struggle. I'm older and way more busy, since I decided to return to school, and I just keep telling myself, one day, one pound at a time.....

xoxo I'm here to support you on your journey!! You've already taken the biggest step: recognizing you need a change, starting the process by joining a fitness-oriented website, and seeking support partners! way-to-go!!!

RR
  • tosha250
    Options
    :happy: Thank you. Sometimes as a wife and mother you need to hear it's ok to take time for self. Some days when I feel that I haven't done enough Mfp gets me through the day.
  • Cabrinii
    Cabrinii Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I lost a total of 3.4 pounds as of last week. I'm excited about myself because I noticed a change in my belly and my waist. I'm becoming a little light by the day and I plan to lose more pounds by the week. As for now, I'm doing more exercise to keep myself fit.:smile:
  • GabyBaby916
    GabyBaby916 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    You CAN do this!
    Like you, I lost just over 150lbs between 2002 and 2003. I kept it off for more than 7 years, but in the last few years, I've gained back nearly 40lbs of it.

I'm back and trying to stay on track, but the older I get, the harder it is to lose. It is hard to stay motivated when my kids and husband are all naturally thin (seemingly without any effort). I have a huge sweet tooth, so its really hard to watch them enjoy cookies and cake while I try to make carrots and kale chips look just as good.

I just have to keep reminding myself what I want and how I want to look. I know what I have to do...I just have to want to do it more than I want the cookies and cake. It also helps me to have WRITTEN goals posted in the kitchen where I might be tempted.
    I have a pic of myself at my heaviest (280lbs) on the fridge. I keep a list of my goals on the kitchen cabinet and on the wall by my computer desk. Constant visual reminders (for me) are a huge help.

Maybe this is something you can try as well, but no matter what works best for you, once you find your personal motivation, you can and you WILL keep at it.