A1c testing

Options
poedunk65
poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
One year ago i was tested at 12.8, after losing some weight and starting an exercise prgram i was retested at 7.9, one year later continuing on the rioght path and watching Forks over Knives and Hungry for a Change I am now at 5.3.

It can be done with hard work and vigilence.

I am available for info and support.

Gpo for it you can do it!!

Replies

• toofatnomore
    toofatnomore Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Are you on any meds?
    I as well have come down from double digit numbers, into the 6's and 7's.
    However, It was with 2 oral meds as well. Sometimes the numbers I get via meds, stall my focus on diet and excercise...
    I need to remember that D&E are more important in keeping type 2 in check than pills.
    Good to hear you are controlling it well!!!
  • jessiekanga
    jessiekanga Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to you!
  • kcaffee1
    kcaffee1 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on pulling your numbers down so much! Diet and exercise are a great way to control the monster for life. The key is finding something that you will be able to/ willing to continue for the long term. If it's something only for now, that's great, but what about later?
  • ScottBManchester
    ScottBManchester Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am a recently diagnosed Type II diabetic (March 2013) and my initial A1C was 10.7. I've been on Metformin since diagnosis and recently added Victoza to my regimen as well. Between the meds and dropping about 20+ pounds so far I brought my A1C down to 6.7 at my last appointment. I'd like to get off the Victoza ASAP (I don't care for injections and it's kind of expensive) and would be interested to know how much more an impact I can hope to see with continued weight loss. Feel free to message me with any comments. Thanks and congratulations!
  • Lissa_M
    Lissa_M Posts: 131
    Options
    Before I started the weight loss, my A1C bounced from 10-13, even though I was on oral meds and about 900 units of insulin a day. I even ended up in the hospital with a sugar of 875 and in a diabetic coma.

Last A1C...6.1. No more oral meds, just one small dose of Lantus at bedtime. Losing weight makes all the difference!
  • jessiekanga
    jessiekanga Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Before I started the weight loss, my A1C bounced from 10-13, even though I was on oral meds and about 900 units of insulin a day. I even ended up in the hospital with a sugar of 875 and in a diabetic coma.

Last A1C...6.1. No more oral meds, just one small dose of Lantus at bedtime. Losing weight makes all the difference!

WOW!!!! You are incredible. Amazing accomplishmentS, with a capital S!!!
  • bdubya55
    bdubya55 Posts: 506 Member
    Options

You've miraculously recovered from an incredibly traumatic experience Lissa_M! Your last A1C and proven hard work is commendable for sure.

The drastic change in your insulin requirements is amazing. I'm very happy for you and very impressed by what you've accomplished.

Great work!