30DS Question

Options
drummondk
drummondk Posts: 79 Member
After doing a few sessions of 30DS, my calves are really sore--but that's it. Am I doing something wrong? I expected my whole body to hurt. Any ideas? I feel like I'm working out hard...

Replies

• LorienCoffeeBean
    LorienCoffeeBean Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    my calves KILL with the 30 DS to the point where i have to modify at times.
    i feel the burn in my abs.
  • mrshallewell
    Options
    which level are you doing? i find with level 1 my thighs hurt just above my knee to about the 3/4 leg point. with level 3 its my upper arms, but with level 2 i just felt pooped. its been suggested to do the moves in the mirror so you can see if your doing them properly. make sure your stance is correct and your properly balancing your weight. after a few days the achey feeling goes away because your muscles get used to it. if you want to feel it more, try increasing your weights
  • drummondk
    Options
    I'm on level 1. Maybe I'm not squatting enough? I'll try to see if I can go deeper today.
  • cassienoe
    cassienoe Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    My calves killed me on Level 1. I figured it was from the jumping jacks or the jump ropes.
  • nelinelineli
    nelinelineli Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I didn't hurt quite as much in lvl 1 either. But now looking back I could have definitely worked on my form which would have made things much harder. If it's not challenging enough despite doing everything correctly and follow Nathalie, maybe you should move to lvl 2?

For me it was my quadriceps all along - lvl 1 through 3. I guess that's my weakest muscle group. I never had problems with any of the abs exercises - I've always seen them as "sweet downtime" - except for those scissors in lvl 3 that I can't do right because my thighs are killing me. I guess we're all different and have our own weaknesses and strengths...
  • drummondk
    Options
    That's a great way to put it. My thighs are a problem area, but I do have a lot of muscle underneath. Maybe I should try level 2. Thanks!
  • nelinelineli
    nelinelineli Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    That's a great way to put it. My thighs are a problem area, but I do have a lot of muscle underneath. Maybe I should try level 2. Thanks!

I guess I'm going against my own suggestion here, but I would just want to suggest you should squeeze out every thing you can from a level. They do get pretty repetitive and i think 10 times is as much as I can take of a level, and that was with switching to higher weights after 5 days (Here's another good idea for you! bigger weights will make you cry for mercy!). So if you switch to a new level too early you'll have a lot of repetitions to do of another level... Keep that in mind:)
  • SaberEsPoder
    SaberEsPoder Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    My calves killed me on Level 1. I figured it was from the jumping jacks or the jump ropes.

Agreed, a lot of calf work. Level 2 is a lot of arm and knee stress. Not sure for Level 3.