Repost: Setting your intake in 1g increments.

Options
SideSteel
SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
Use this at your own risk.
Please do not post publicly yet as I'm waiting for moderator approval just to make sure this doesn't violate MFP rules.

This will allow you to set your intake by 1g increments instead of 5%.

http://karoshiethos.com/

Replies

• Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    couldn't make it work in chrome...
    but works in firefox
  • SirBonerFart
    SirBonerFart Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    couldn't make it work in chrome...
    but works in firefox

Working in chrome for me
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Tagging for later
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Tagging for later
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    tagging
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    Most excellent, thanks!
  • CallMeBacon
    CallMeBacon Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Nice! Tagging. This "close be not exact" was making my inner accountant scream. :)
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    Awesome, thank you! Works perfectly.
  • sarahz5
    sarahz5 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    Is there any way to set this so that if I record calories for a workout, they ALL add on to carbs, for example? I am thinking no. Still, awesome. Thanks for sharing.
  • ssaraj43
    ssaraj43 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Thanks again:-)
  • CaptainWillard
    CaptainWillard Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Yes, you can set one of your macros up as a "fill" column, so any calories not allocated to the other two macros will go there. I set my carbs (the obvious choice) up this way.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Heh!
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    tagged
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    Yes, you can set one of your macros up as a "fill" column, so any calories not allocated to the other two macros will go there. I set my carbs (the obvious choice) up this way.

that's a bloody great idea!

and works in chrome for me.
  • astrovivi
    astrovivi Posts: 183 Member
    Options

fantastic. this is perfect, thanks
  • Martucha123
    Options
    Maybe I'm slow but I have set up carbs to fill and I added exercise, and it didn't allocate the extra calories to carbs...
    is it just me?
  • CaptainWillard
    CaptainWillard Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    No, I'm slow, I didn't understand the question. This is a great idea, and I have an idea for how I might be able to make it work, but I'm not 100% sure it's possible. Stay tuned.
  • Martucha123
    Options
    ok thanks
    still fantastic job!
  • MonsterToBe
    MonsterToBe Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    First of all, this thread is full of awesome -- thanks SideSteel!!
    Maybe I'm slow but I have set up carbs to fill and I added exercise, and it didn't allocate the extra calories to carbs...
    is it just me?

I don't know of a way to do it automatically -- that would be fabulous -- but there is a (clumsy) workaround you can use based on the fact that, last I checked, MFP allows you to assign negative values to a food. Create two foods, "Fat-to-Carbs" and "Protein-to-Carbs" or something like that. Give Fat-to-Carbs 0 calories, -1 g of fat and 2.25g of carbs. Protein-to-Carbs gets 0 calories, -1 g of protein and 1 g of carbs.

Now when MFP adds calories for you, you'll have to do a bit of math. Know your regular protein and fat goal numbers, and subtract those from what you see after MFP added calories. If it added say, 10g protein, and 4g fat to your goal, then add 10g of Protein-to-Carbs to your diary, and 4g of Fat-to-Carbs.

Like I said, it's clumsy, but it works. :o)

** Edited to add: I just tested to make sure negative values still work, and they do.
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    I hit "install" and it did nothing but give me a page full of computer language. What am I supposed to do with that?This was on my Mac at home. Will try it in windows at the office.