Introduction

Options
Hi everyone I am looking forward to helping everyone reach their fitness goals and for me to reach mine. Don

Replies

• SuziScott
    Options
    Welcome Don!
  • 1Clueless1
    Options
    Hey everyone!! Glad to be here. These last ten pounds are kicking my rear!!! Look forward to the motivation.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    Hi, Don! Good to have you with us! I

say that like I have been in the group for years..LOL

I am having trouble finding workout motivation today.
  • AaronsMFP
    AaronsMFP Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    New to the group and desperately looking for motivation! Hopefully(once I get Going) help motivate others! Looking to lose around 50+ pounds and I'm going on 41, losing weight is getting harder and harder so I'm looking to kick it into high gear in 2013!
  • anne2605
    anne2605 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I'm pleased to be joining this group. I'm 48 so still qualify. I've got approx 20lbs to shed before I turn 50 in 18 months time. When I'm free of my responsibilities (2 teenagers), my dream is to travel to Australia and spend some time there taking in the sights etc. I need to lose the extra weight I carry in order to ensure that I'm at the best I can be health wise for my future adventure/s.

Anne :-)
  • KimberlyAndrews1
    KimberlyAndrews1 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I don't think I've ever posted an intro here, so here goes! Hello all! I am 48. I was overweight back in 2007 and lost 25 pounds in 2008. Then I got married and started slowly gaining again in 2009. Only this time I gained back the 27 pounds, plus about 10 more. I use to be an exercise buff and was in great shape all until I hit 40. I use to could eat whatever I wanted as long as I worked out 4 days a week. But since turning 40 it's been all downhill. Stress really shows up in my face now too. Then least little thing I eat I gain weight. And the exhaustion and extreme fatigue I feel is horrific. I have a very hard time just mustering up the energy to walk 3-5 days a week. I take vitamins, have tried green smoothies, exercise, get plenty of sleep and still fatigue. I think I have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, it's that bad. Anyway, I weigh about 184 right now. Have lost 3 pounds total since joining here. Not that great in two months time. I've been keeping my calories under my goal often. And trying to walk 3-5 days a week, but still only 3 pounds in two months. Kind of discouraging, but I'm keeping on! My first goal is to get to 160, then 150 and hopefully 140. Anything less that that I'll be totally thrilled! But I want to at least get to 150. Looking forward to all the great stories, support and posts here!
  • klm195
    klm195 Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi All!

Thought I'd take a moment and introduce myself as well.

I am currently 42 years old and I'm tired of being over weight. I lost a great deal of weight about 6 - 7 years ago, but I've put most of it back on again.

I'm looking for a group that will help keep me motivated!! I am married to a wonderful man who can eat anything and not gain an ounce. My will-power is strong....so long as there is nothing around to temp me. My husband does what he can to help me, but he can eat chips and popcorn and junk food. And it is in the house, which means I will eat it.

Here's to a sucessful journey in weight loss and to a new way of eating.

Karen
  • seepersaud
    seepersaud Posts: 5,759 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone. I'm a newcomer to the group, and looking forward to making some friends.
  • robertslynch77
    robertslynch77 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hello. I wanted to introduce myself and hopefully get some motivation.

I was never really in shape, but about 5½ years ago I quit smoking and really started putting on the weight. About 2 years ago I decided to get in shape and was working out (P90X, Jillian, running). I lost 45 lbs.

Then last summer I passed out at work and was taken to the hospital. I had heart problems and had to have a pacemaker put in. The doctor said I could not do any more cardio workouts, ever! I got depressed and ended up putting back all of the weight I had lost. Now I need to take it off again plus some more with only walking and diet. I am 41 and still single, I really need to lose this weight.
  • supahone
    supahone Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone new to the group hoping to get insight on the various ways we fit in exercise and good eating habits despite our busy schedules. I started with a weight of 234 in may of this year and Ive lost 42 pounds thus far. I need to lose another 20 to reach my goal but plateauing has been the biggest struggle.
  • heatherlea44
    Options
    Hello - I see myself in many stories already...but I have always been on the heavier side. About 4 years ago I lost about 40 pounds and while I was by no means thin, I was, I think resigned to be at that weight. Every once in while I would make a half-hearted attempt to lose weight, but it didn't last long. However, this year has been tremendously stressful - personally and professionally - and the scale has gone up 10 lbs! Not surprising since I eat when I am stressed and binge eat when my world is totally out of control. Joining today is my way of taking back control of what goes in my mouth and what my body is capable of doing. I would like to lose 25 lbs, but I don't have a time-frame, as long as the scale goes down, and I make good choices for myself, I am in no hurry. But if anyone has a magic wand....
  • Suzannegt
    Suzannegt Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I've been actively getting healthy and keeping up with MFP for a little over one month. I'm getting the hang of this and am now ready to venture out into these message boards. I'm hoping with others who are excited about taking control of their health at this fun time in our lives!
  • joedfro
    joedfro Posts: 270
    Options
    Hi, newcomer to dieting and exercise. Looking to change the way I have been eating and exercising since i left the army 13 years ago.
  • Tala_
    Tala_ Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone! I'm brand new to the group as well as MyFitnessPal. I just started on my journey to get fit. I finally feel like I can do this!
  • theamboma
    Options
    I enjoyed reading the introductions I have so far it's very important that strength is here positive strength is here that's the key positive support that's what is needed for me thank u for having me.
  • JanisMay67
    Options
    Hello! Doesn't look like there's been much activity here recently. Shame.

I'm loving the title - me to a t. If there's any others out there - I'll be glad of some mutual support.
  • timwoods100
    timwoods100 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Does anyone want to have a weekly accountability check in on this message board? Looking to create support and motvation for all.
  • laurasaintlouis
    laurasaintlouis Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I would love to.
  • jeffsweightloss
    jeffsweightloss Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    hello everyone. might as well show them what 40 and over is made of! let's do this.
  • DeanWallbit
    DeanWallbit Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi All. Am 39 turning 40...I want to be in my best shape for the coming years :-)