Whole 30 sept

Options

Replies

• runningjen74
    runningjen74 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I'm definately in. I'd already started to clean up things. It's the dairy/legumes I'll need to ditch, think I'll be okay on both fronts.

I hadn't realised that it was Sunday!! Coming up soon. I'll need to do a big shop/cooking session so I'm ready for it. Last time I tried it, it was a meal in work that I tripped on - it had peanuts. To be fair to me it was about 2 months before my wedding, I'd enough going on. But I'm ready for it now and have been making small changes in preparation.

Last time I tried it, I found not weighing myself a problem, but I think I'll be okay with it this time.
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    I completed day 30 of my first Whole30 yesterday. I was eating quite strict Primal for a year before so the change wasn't that difficult for me. I lost almost twice as much weight in the last month than I was losing earlier in the year. I plan to just continue on; I see no need to add cream and cheese back into my diet at this point. :happy:
  • phylisrn
    phylisrn Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    What is the whole 30? I would love to join in as well. :)

http://whole9life.com/2012/08/the-whole30-program/
  • FitMama2013
    FitMama2013 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm on day 6 and am feeling great. I'm nervous that I'll wake up tomorrow and be ravenous and want to eat everything imaginable - is this phase coming? I was eating pretty terribly before I started Whole30 and haven't had a hard time adjusting thus far, thankfully! How's everyone else feeling who has already started? And if you're starting 9/1, good luck!!
  • justaspoonfulofsugar
    justaspoonfulofsugar Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm on day 6 and am feeling great. I'm nervous that I'll wake up tomorrow and be ravenous and want to eat everything imaginable - is this phase coming? I was eating pretty terribly before I started Whole30 and haven't had a hard time adjusting thus far, thankfully! How's everyone else feeling who has already started? And if you're starting 9/1, good luck!!
    here is a great article on what to expect day to day of your whole 30
    http://whole9life.com/2012/06/the-whole30-timeline/
  • WeoooBeans
    WeoooBeans Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    You guys ready to start this tomorrow?
  • olegirlfast
    Options
    YES! I'm in! I was just about to post this :D
  • ukgirly01
    ukgirly01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Day 1 complete, had chicken, cabbage, cauliflower and sweet potato for tea, with homemade stock/ gravy, whenever I do this it surprises me how easy/tasty it is, here's to another successful 29 days, what did you all have for dinner?
  • runningjen74
    Options
    I started yesterday! Dinner was slow cooked pork shoulder with lots and lots of veggies - turnip, carrots, parsnip, onion, leeks, etc..

Brekfast 1 organic slice of bacon/1 egg/1 courgett/2 carrots - all fried up together and was yummy.

I've left overs from dinner for lunch today.

Day - feels like this will be easy, and yes I know with preparation it is. It's the day that you forget (don't have time) to make lunch that is all gets difficult.

Best of luck everyone
  • blynnblair
    blynnblair Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I started on 9/1/13 ! I've been paleo for a few months and this will just keep me in check, anyone on Instagram? I dont log my food because i've learned it stresses me out to much. I got tired of looking at food as numbers and not as fuel and I was OCD about it.... not healthy at all. Paleo has helped me regain a much better relationship with food, I LOVE it!

So far today I've had:
    Breakfast grassfed beef liver, caramelized onions and a duck egg with a homemade kombucha
    Lunch: Zoodles and pulled pork
    snack: coconut milk horchata gummies with great lakes gelatin
    Haven't decided on dinner yet :)
  • climberchic
    climberchic Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!! I actually started in August and I am on Day 18 right now. It really hasn't been that tough and I think it is one of the best decisions. I'm going to do another 30 when this is over but I think I'm going to get the book, It starts with food. Good luck everyone!!
  • _Amy_Budd
    _Amy_Budd Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Hey all -

I'm on Day4 of my Whole30 - started Tuesday after Labor Day. This is my third - I did one 6 months ago, and another 6 months before that. I didn't plan it that way, but I'm liking the Whole30-every-6-months pattern.

:)
    Amy
  • Rei1988
    Rei1988 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Is the Whole30 the best way to start Paleo?
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    Is the Whole30 the best way to start Paleo?

I think it is.

But, I was Primal for a full year before doing a Whole30. I was very mentally resistant to giving up dairy but it was a goal for a full year and then I did it.
  • ukgirly01
    ukgirly01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I knew that eating grains on holiday wouldn't be great for me hadn't quite realised how bad it would be, 6 weeks of eating grains I put on 17lbs (eating a normal calorie intake) 6 days of whole 30 I've dropped 8lbs of them. I usually eat primal, I've read the books I know that primal/paleo works but seeing just how much water I carry if eating grains is really quite shocking!
  • climberchic
    climberchic Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Day 24 for me! I really enjoy what I've been eating an Monday I FINALLY started running again after months of slacking. I'm very excited about that. 6 more days and I can update my progress. How is everyone else doing so far?
  • runningjen74
    Options
    I think I've got a bit obsessed about this whole 30 gig. I forgot my lunch today and am stressing about what I can eat in work.

options are limited, could have soup, but I don't know what sort of oil they've used. Generally no flour as they keep it suitable for celiacs. Could have salad, but again, these may have dressings and I can't attest to oils used.

Not looking for advise, only I can go pick up the best choice. Just frustrated at myself for not getting my butt out of bed early enough to bring my normal packed lunch in! This is where I fell the last time I tried to do a whole 30, I had satay chicken. It's on the menu today, but I'm wise to it. I know it's peanuts (not that I didn't the last time, I just didn't think peanuts, I thought nuts, sure they're fine)

Hope everyone else is getting on well. I'm great with energy, cravings, etc... only sometimes I eat too many nuts. My digestion is a little off too, but not so I'd worry about it. Just a bit odd, especially given I was already essentially primal.
  • GrokRockStarWECHANGED
    Options
    Anyone still having success? I plan on starting the Whole30 tomorrow. I also looked in to the PB 21 day transformation, but since I can do without the dairy, I figured the Whole30 makes more sense. I look forward to updates from those who are still going strong!
  • homesweeths
    homesweeths Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    My first (and only, so far) Whole30 was amazing in that it stabilized my blood sugar for the first time in years. Before paleo, I had to have protein every couple of hours or got shaky and woozy. After a week or so of the Whole30, I could go 12 hours or more with no problems. I was never hungry. I started logging calories only to make sure I got enough. If I just listened to my body I'd be contented with 600-800 calories a day and from everything I've read, that's not enough.

When my carbs approach 100g in a day I start feeling hungry and my blood sugar levels aren't as stable.

HTH.
  • _Amy_Budd
    _Amy_Budd Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Anyone still having success? I plan on starting the Whole30 tomorrow. I also looked in to the PB 21 day transformation, but since I can do without the dairy, I figured the Whole30 makes more sense. I look forward to updates from those who are still going strong!

I'm still going... Today was day 12. :)