Paleo

Options
nashai01
nashai01 Posts: 536 Member
Hey, so I am attempting to eat paleo again. I will start after Labor Day and this is my third attempt. Does anyone have any pointers on how to stick with it this time? I’m not about to make any excuses for the reason I didn’t stick with it the 1st two times. I just simply wanted to eat my whole grain, milk, chips etc. Also for those who are not eating Paleo, what kind of diet do you follow?

Replies

• PaleoChocolateBear
    PaleoChocolateBear Posts: 2,844 Member
    Options
    What I've done recently is cook, my protein on one day of the week, then separate it and freeze it. Then I just make my lunches for work by cooking some veggies and throwing the protein in with it and I've also gone to almond milk as well
  • leanna1120
    leanna1120 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to limit carbs and processed foods...and stay within 1500 cals per day. I think Paleo is great, but I'm not sure I can give up all dairy. I also prep most of my food once per week. For instance I'll make a breakfast quiche Sunday evening for the week and maybe a turkey meatloaf and some chicken breasts. With the core proteins already prepared it becomes much easier to fill in with the good stuff.
  • nashai01
    Options
    Thanks both of you. I noticed that when I was doing Paleo I was eating almost the same things every day. I think what I'm going to do this time. I'm actually going to do this with my sister so I think we can work together to come up with a variety of meals. I really want to do atleast 60 days.
  • alysa521
    alysa521 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Have you done the Whole30 program, if not I highly highly recommend it. You go cold turkey for 30 days and then you can start reintroducing non paleo foods to see how it affects you. I would say I am about 80% paleo right now, but try and do a whole30 at least twice a year to keep myself in check. Google Whole9 and you will find a ton of info.
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Hey, so I am attempting to eat paleo again. I will start after Labor Day and this is my third attempt. Does anyone have any pointers on how to stick with it this time? I’m not about to make any excuses for the reason I didn’t stick with it the 1st two times. I just simply wanted to eat my whole grain, milk, chips etc. Also for those who are not eating Paleo, what kind of diet do you follow?

Unless that last part has somehow changed, I imagine it will be just as hard.

I enjoy those things, but try to limit myself to one meal or one day a week for eating them. I'm not always successful but don't let that stop me from getting back on the wagon with my next meal.

Prepping meals and eating the same breakfast every day (eggs, bacon, guacamole) makes it much easier for me to stay on plan.
  • lioooba
    lioooba Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Hey there,
    currently i am eating low-carb (max110gr/day) and min. 120gr protein. Well at least these are my goals, not able to make it everyday.
    In October i will try Paleo as well, first I'll just cut out the grain and stay with this for 6weeks, after that i'll see how i like it.

I wish you good luck with staying with it, I heard from so many people how hard the beginning is. But you can do this! x
  • nashai01
    Options
    Have you done the Whole30 program, if not I highly highly recommend it. You go cold turkey for 30 days and then you can start reintroducing non paleo foods to see how it affects you. I would say I am about 80% paleo right now, but try and do a whole30 at least twice a year to keep myself in check. Google Whole9 and you will find a ton of info.

I never heard of the whole30, I'm going to do some research on it. Thanks :)
  • SnicciFit
    SnicciFit Posts: 967 Member
    Options

+1

Grab a copy of It Starts With Food by Dallas & Melissa Hartwig and get your Whole30 on :happy:
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    What worked for me in sticking with the Paleo was making my entire house Paleo, my husband wanted to do it anyway. I emptied all the processed food from my house and I just don't buy it anymore. Every so often I will have my son pick something he wants and i take him for a treat.

I have been on Paleo since July 1st and it gets easier and when I have cravings there is nothing but fruits and nuts to munch on
  • nashai01
    Options
    What worked for me in sticking with the Paleo was making my entire house Paleo, my husband wanted to do it anyway. I emptied all the processed food from my house and I just don't buy it anymore. Every so often I will have my son pick something he wants and i take him for a treat.

I have been on Paleo since July 1st and it gets easier and when I have cravings there is nothing but fruits and nuts to munch on

I have been slowly avoiding processed foods. I need to do exactly what you did and take everything out the house completely. I really want to do a stict 60 days and see how well it works for me. I'll keep you all posted. Thanks guys
  • georgie304
    georgie304 Posts: 143
    Options

+1

Grab a copy of It Starts With Food by Dallas & Melissa Hartwig and get your Whole30 on :happy:

+1 more
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    Here is a MFP group that is fairly active and very informative: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/54-primal-paleo-support-group
  • nashai01
    Options
    Here is a MFP group that is fairly active and very informative: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/54-primal-paleo-support-group

Thanks!