Can I Sell my Bodymedia to another user/account?

Options
Hey ya'll, I just upgraded to the Bodymedia Link from the Core since I was missing out on the smartphone connection. Is it even possible to sell my old Bodymedia to another person (meaning will it connect to their account with a new user)? Just wondering if anyone's had an experience with selling their Bodymedia. Thanks!

Replies

• watfordjc
    watfordjc Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Yes (no experience selling, but buying).

After they follow the instructions (assuming creating a new account) the first time they connect it for Bodymedia Sync to transfer the profile data it will say something along the lines of "data already exists on the device, do you want to delete it?" They click yes, the device starts using their profile data to calculate calories burned.

Other situations, like the person already has a Bodymedia account or old device, or you are also giving them your Bodymedia account (AFAIK the only way to transfer a subscription) are also possible but would involve a bit more work on their part (e.g. might need to keep some of the Bodymedia profile data, might need to delink and relink some linked accounts if switching device, and I believe earndit has an issue if you change Bodymedia device that might require technical support from them - don't think they have a delink option).
  • mcanavan05
    mcanavan05 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    You might want to return the Link band..new core 2 in coming out in sept.. smaller, waterproof and optional HRM strap..im getting it asap!
  • thecarbmonster
    thecarbmonster Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info!!!
  • squindles
    squindles Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I bought mine from ebay about 18 months ago. Never had any probs at all :smile: