Any C-section Mommas Here?

T_Shinae
T_Shinae Posts: 2 Member
I'm new here, and I have had 2 c-sections.

I have the extra belly pooch that hangs over.. If you've had a c-section, you know exactly what I mean. I've been told it's impossible to get rid of due to the fact they cut the muscle in half... I'm going to try though.

Anyone else trying this? Or better yet, has anyone succeeded at getting rid of it?????

Replies

• Nanee24
    Nanee24 Posts: 21 Member
    I have also had two c-sections and have what I've affectionately nicknamed my "motherhood apron". I'm not so concerned with completely losing it, just shrinking it some. We'll see! Good luck to you!
  • myfitnessisavirtue
    myfitnessisavirtue Posts: 673 Member
    I just had a third c-section. I personally don't think mine will go away without cosmetic surgery, but I am just going to lose weight sensibly and see what happens :-)
  • This is my first c section and I am now starting to lose weight..I just gave birth 7 weeks ago......Does anyone have problems losing weight bc of the cs
  • bbrownle1
    bbrownle1 Posts: 1 Member
    I have had four C-sections. My most recent baby is 6 months old. I've been putting off dieting and exercising since his birth, but am ready to jump back on the bandwagon to lose weight and actually keep it off this time. Every time I've lost weight in the past, I've gotten pregnant again and just gained back much of what I'd lost. With this baby, I had a tubal ligation done so we can ensure there will be no more babies unless they are grandbabies (many, many, many years in the future I hope as my oldest is only 13).

skeehn0806, I've never had a problem losing weight because of a C-section. It's been harder each time, and requires more effort on my part, but I don't attribute that to the C-sections as much as I do to my aging body (and thus slowing metabolism).
  • jjbrownlee
    jjbrownlee Posts: 1 Member
    I'm 37 and just had my 4th c-section on 10/28/13. Exclusively breastfeeding and ready to take the baby weight off while maintaining a healthy milk supply. Also working out. As far as the pooch goes, I can tell you that it gets better, but never fully went away for me, no matter how fit I was. Don't be discouraged! We will get this job done! I can't wait to feel more like my old self. :)
  • hullchris
    hullchris Posts: 16 Member
    Oh lordy... Here we go.... In August 2012 I, for the first time in my life made a commitment to losing weight and I did it! I lost nearly 30 pounds with help from this site, my husband and my work keeping me running 90 hours a week. The weight came off and I fell just two pounds shy of my goal, but who the hell cares I was still 274 pounds and got my self down to 247 which was AWESOME! Thennnn I started a new job where i wasn't moving at all and my weight loss came to a halt and then one morning I find my self completely and totally sick over a bagel and I thought I had diabetes. So I got back to the grind and no matter what I did no weight was coming off.. at all. And that when it hits me... I stop and bought a economy back of tests and sure enough, baby. So I made a new commitment to my diet and I managed to only gain 8 pounds during the whole pregnancy. I ended up having a c-section because of gestational diabetes, and an estimate of a giant baby. I left the hospital with an 8 pound baby and 12 pounds lighter then when I got pregnant. Instead of staying on top of things 6 weeks of being board out of my mind lead to gaining back weight and feeling icky..... So its time to get back on the ball and I naturally am left wondering will my fat roll actually go away if I can't feel it?!?!? :-P
  • I had my first and last c section on10/24/13. It was my second baby and she was breech. I tried to have her turned but she wouldn't budge. I too suffer from the pouch. I can't wait for it to shrink. It is uncomfortable at times. I am trying to loose the baby weight.and maintain my milk supply. I am starting tomorrow I am just worried because I am so hungry due to breastfeeding.
  • enaliba
    enaliba Posts: 146 Member
    I'm one! I sure do know what you mean! Right now, however, I have extra fat in lots of other places too...wondering if the stomach fat might be the last to go? I am doing strength training as well as some cardio. I am exclusively nursing my wee one, however, so I am only reducing my calories by 10% of my TDEE to avoid loosing any of my milk supply. I hope as I near my pre-pregnancy weight, the stomach will shrink a little?
  • 123stefania
    123stefania Posts: 167 Member
    Hi,

I had my 2nd c-section in september. I gained lots of weight and didnt loose everything from my first pregnancy:cry:
    I hope this time is the good one!

Me too, I have fat all over, especially in my stomach, Im breastfeeding only.

I'm 208lbs would like to go down 150 lbs!

thanks
  • I too have the fatty skin apron post c-section. I'm only 5 weeks out and have 50 lbs to lose, so not sure if losing this weight will help or not. It is unfortunate. I feel your pain sister!
  • kathym617
    kathym617 Posts: 32 Member
    Just to provide some encouragement for anyone who stumbles on this thread down the road: I had my third c-section in March (and have the flap again and am here to try to get rid of it and the rest of the excess). BUT I was able to wear a bikini without shame last summer, while in my first trimester, despite two prior c-sections. It takes time and effort but it is possible (at least for some women -- I certainly don't want to over-generalize) to get rid of the post-c-section flap.

Now to get working on this body again...
  • 123hcanett
    123hcanett Posts: 3 Member
    HI ladies, this was my first c-section, 2nd baby. I'm 35 years old and had my first one when I was 19. I bounced back real quick with her but with this little one not so quick. i'm not sure what everyone is saying about the flap though...starting to scare me. I still have to wear my maternity jeans (delivered Dec 23, 2013) but mainly because my hips got HUGE! I still have a bit of a belly but no flap. Maybe when belly goes down there will be a flap??? I have about 20lbs to go to be where I want to be. Doing what's called Kaia Fit, bootcamp style program for women only. I love it!! But need to take in more calories (guess I'm not eating enough). Milk supply is good though!!
  • hgaspard83
    hgaspard83 Posts: 66 Member
    I know what you are talikigm about , I hope it gets better
    my first and last CS
  • kitka82
    kitka82 Posts: 350 Member
    Hi, I've had 4 C-sections. The first was emergency, and the last 3 were planned. I lost 60 pounds after Baby #2. I started out with a flap that turned into a pooch. I focused on strength training and eating clean (sugar free), and the pooch nearly disappeared. Eating sugar free was hard for me to maintain, so the pooch came back. Then I got pregnant lol.
  • kitka82
    kitka82 Posts: 350 Member
    bbrownle1 wrote: »
    I have had four C-sections. My most recent baby is 6 months old. I've been putting off dieting and exercising since his birth, but am ready to jump back on the bandwagon to lose weight and actually keep it off this time. Every time I've lost weight in the past, I've gotten pregnant again and just gained back much of what I'd lost. With this baby, I had a tubal ligation done so we can ensure there will be no more babies unless they are grandbabies (many, many, many years in the future I hope as my oldest is only 13).

skeehn0806, I've never had a problem losing weight because of a C-section. It's been harder each time, and requires more effort on my part, but I don't attribute that to the C-sections as much as I do to my aging body (and thus slowing metabolism).

I gained back all but 9 pounds of my accumulated baby weight lol. I had a tubal after #4 also. My oldest is 9 years old. I'm hoping to lose this weight and never find it again!