Old Running Shoes

Options
MelisRunning
MelisRunning Posts: 819 Member
So I feel I have to ask, How many pairs of used running shoes are sitting in your closet right now?

Replies

• bert16
    bert16 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm.... I think I've got 3 old pairs in there now, plus 2 in my current rotation (my everyday minimalist shoes and my occasional barefoot shoes) and 1 new pair of minimalist shoes waiting to be used when I wear the current ones out!
  • DavidMartinez2
    DavidMartinez2 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    "Used" or "retired"? I have 3 pair of shoes I currently rotate plus 2 pair that are waiting for me to locate a recycle bin.
  • 55in13
    55in13 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    None. When I am done with a pair of shoes I have to call in a HAZMAT team - "Can you send out the guys in the silver suits again? Thanks..."
  • scott091501
    scott091501 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm. Good question. Maybe 3. My old shoes become gym/knockaround shoes before becoming yard shoes.
  • suannemarie
    Options
    2 upstairs (they lurk, be afraid...)
    3 downstairs (now yard/painting/wrenching on the car shoes)
    2 on the closet rack (one road one for rain runs)
    1 waiting on the closet top shelf, new
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    14 pairs!!

2x nike vomero 7's
    3x nike vomero 8's
    2x nike free 5.0's
    2x nike free 3.0's
    2x nike flyknit racer
    3x x flyknit frees

I don't own any trail shoes yet :-(
  • RunnerInVT
    RunnerInVT Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Dee loves them Nikes!! Lol!
    I have 4 "old " ones i wear to work and out and about...and 2 new im rotating. The old ones dont look old but when I put them on they feel it. The soles are not worn at all and I hate to get rid of them. I would like to put an insert in them and keep running with them but im scared ill get injured. But they're so danged expensive!! My kids feet are bigger than mine so they cant use them so I give them to the gym teacher at school for when kids forget theirs.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    None. When I am done with a pair of shoes I have to call in a HAZMAT team - "Can you send out the guys in the silver suits again? Thanks..."

Bwahahaha.

At least 5. And one pair I just took white water rafting and left them behind. It hurt. I have a hard time letting them go.
  • Csuvetmed
    Csuvetmed Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    6 pairs! 4 in current rotation: 2 trail, 2 road. The other 2 I wear out to the barn and to lift weights. I donate my old shoes to recycling programs--although I tend to wear them long enough that the only reasonable use for them is to grind them up into rubber :)
  • mellorunner
    Options
    No "old" (out of rotation) shoes chilling around. But I do have 12 pairs of trainers and 7 pairs of racing shoes sitting around for various activities.
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options

^^Bwhahaha! That's hilarious.

14 pairs!!

2x nike vomero 7's
    3x nike vomero 8's
    2x nike free 5.0's
    2x nike free 3.0's
    2x nike flyknit racer
    3x x flyknit frees

Holy moly! I no longer feel a shred of guilt about my ever growing collection of running shoes! You should find a way to do something creative with those suckers!

Personally I probably have 3-4 pairs now that are basically garage-garden-painting-only shoes. :)
  • greypilgrimess
    greypilgrimess Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I only have a couple old pairs, I like to use retired shoes on the long mud runs and throw them away when they get wrecked in those! Only two pairs of runners in my current rotation too, it looks like I'm a long way behind most of you!
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options

^^Bwhahaha! That's hilarious.

14 pairs!!

2x nike vomero 7's
    3x nike vomero 8's
    2x nike free 5.0's
    2x nike free 3.0's
    2x nike flyknit racer
    3x x flyknit frees

Holy moly! I no longer feel a shred of guilt about my ever growing collection of running shoes! You should find a way to do something creative with those suckers!

Personally I probably have 3-4 pairs now that are basically garage-garden-painting-only shoes. :)

I do...I give them to a running club in Nairobi, Kenya where the runners cant afford shoes or gear> I give them running clothing too.