Fat Fast

Options
timwhoa
timwhoa Posts: 325 Member
anyone else fat fasting right now, I am on day 2, going to force the scale to move down

Replies

• finallylean
    finallylean Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Hi, can you explain what is the Fat Fast. I'm doing Atkins in the induction phase but don't knwo what is the Fat Tast.

Thanks!
  • timwhoa
    Options
    the fat fast is something that atkins invented way back in his first book, and its way back in the back of the book, most people dont know about it because they never read that far, its something he invented to get people off of paltues and off of stalls, it works tremendously, its a diet consiting of 90-percent fat and 10 percent protien for 3 - 5 days, no longer than that, and with a usual calorie limit of 1200 ,, here is a good short web page on it http://www.carbsmart.com/fatfast.html
  • timwhoa
    Options
    day 3 on the fat fast, lost 3 pounds since sunday, so happy to see the scale moving again, YAY
  • MelMelMiller
    Options
    I'm on day 1, so I'm almost through my first day. I'm starting with 3 days, maybe 4? I'll post my daily progress as I find it out. I fell off the wagon this weekend, so I need to make up for it. Prior to that I was staying at the same two pound weight loss, like a yo-yo...up 2lbs, down 2lbs etc so I'm hoping this helps the plateau.

Mrs. Lean, i posted a mock menu of what I'm eating last week.
  • MelMelMiller
    Options
    I'm down 1lb after the one day on the Fat Fast.
  • MelMelMiller
    Options
    After day two I'm down a total of 2.5lbs. Lost 1lb the first day. 1.5lbs the second day so i can't wait to see what I lose next. I really needed this weightloss boost.
  • timwhoa
    Options
    Going off of the Fat Fast today, after 4 days and 6 pounds lost I am very happy with the results, but enough of that crappy feeling i was having yesterday, I think its my bodies way of saying enough, so Bacon and Eggs this morning never tasted SO GOOD!!
  • MelMelMiller
    Options
    I finished my 3 day fast and lost 4.5lbs. I did have a bad weekend so the fat fast helped me recovery from that. :)
  • danwold
    danwold Posts: 9
    Options
    I am definitely saving that link for when I stall. I have restarted Atkins, the first time around I lost 75 lbs, and amazingly I didn't gain weight while off of it, I actually lost a couple more pounds. And I was off of the diet for almost 5 months (I quit smoking 5 months ago and I probably couldn't have done both at the same time without killing someone). But 5 months later, smoke free, and didn't gain weight, I have actually held onto the lessons I learned in Atkins and I listen to my body. But I have a lot further to go to meet my goal!
  • danwold
    danwold Posts: 9
    Options
    And of course I didn't know about this wonderful site the first time around! Hopefully this will keep me extremely motivated :)
  • timwhoa
    Options
    Great that you stopped smoking, I know one of the keys to m y success this time around is I quit drinking booze, after 7 months of not drinking I feel so awesome!