Extreme Shed and Shred

Options
One journey down and onto pastures new. Starting the ExS&S tonight after a mid-week weekend OFF PLAN. Surprisingly, I still lost 3oz which after the amount of crap I ate is a bloody miracle.
Considering this I will be using my EO30DS pictures as my starting point pics but will be taking day 1 measurements for more accuracy. I will use this post only fr updates on my journey so we don't get too many threads as i think I'm the only one doing this DVD anyway. I'll let you know how I get on in the morning.

Replies

• frogface
    frogface Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    So, this might sound like a stupid question, but whats the extreme shred?

I completed my last level 2 today and onto Level 3 tomorrow (30ds) I am trying to plan what to do next. I was thinking of ripped in 30, but I did not know about extreme shred... you've thrown a spanner in the works :-)
  • mrshallewell
    Options
    hahaha, extreme shed and shred is one of jillians dvd's i found it on amazon, ive watched lv 1 and going to watch lv 2 now, it looks easier in some ways but harder in others. definatley looks more cardio based and it has rest period type moves as it looks like some yoga has been introduced.
  • danirosevoelkel
    danirosevoelkel Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    It sounds pretty great. I'm glad you're moving onto the next adventure! You motivate me ALOT, in that you just keep on going hahaha :)
  • mrshallewell
    Options
    hahaha for once, i usually give up on everything just because i cant be arsed.
  • danirosevoelkel
    Options
    hahaha for once, i usually give up on everything just because i cant be arsed.

I usually give up on everything too! I'm happy to see myself seeing this thing through :) I'm glad you did too. I'd of never known you were, "aw who cares, I don't wanna do it anymore" kind of person like me... or rather, like I was ;)
  • mrshallewell
    Options
    RIGHT! sorry I didn't update yesterday, I completely forgot. My bad!

1st day was an ABSOLUTE DISGRACE! I felt like I could hardly do anything, back to the feeling of 1st day of LV 1 of 30ds. I don't know if it was because I had 2 days of no exercise, as I went through 30ds in 30days/ no breaks, or just because it was something so different. I decided to do both levels one after the other to give myself that extra push, because the way I feel about this now is that if I'm not going to push and give it my all, why bother. OMGOSH I died. I BARELY got through LV 1 alive and then sat and watched most of LV 2, I was panting so hard. As its mostly cardio based, my hands were slipping all over the floor so anytime she went to take us to a floor move, I couldn't get purchase to hold myself.

I decided that on day 2, if I didn't do any better I would either split it, lv1 in the morning while my daughter naps, lv2 in the evening after bed. OR I would only do the one level and alternate, lv1 one day, lv2 the next.

TODAY WAS SOOOOOO MUCH BETTER. I decided to use talc on my hands to dry the sweat so i could put my hands down without sliding and it worked but I had to keep reapplying it often. I got through all of lv 1 with only a couple of stops for a sip of my drink as my mouth was dry and into lv 2. stopped and had a toilet break as had that much drink I was going to wet myself. came back and did some more. A couple of the moves I couldn't do so i just sat and watched but it moves that quick its basically a breath stop until she moves onto something else.

I made it to the end. I will carry on both levels permitting I have no more problems with knees and such.

NEXT UPDATE DAY 10 = 9TH SEPT.:flowerforyou: :heart:
  • mrshallewell
    Options
    !!!!UPDATE!!!

I feel like a Failure. I did the first 2 days both levels, the next day was too late so i did first 2 levels of shred instead as it takes no where near as much time. I did only level 1 the next day and then ..... NOTHING. Didn't do it again until yesterday. I started going the gym instead. I think I tried to do too much at once, so I have revised my plan.

I will do 30 days of ExS&S starting yesterday so today is day 2, and I will alternate doing lv1 and level 2, 15 days of each in total. I still had to stop lots yesterday but that was because my daughter decided to only have a 10 minute nap instead of her usual long nap. I kept having to stop every 2 minutes because she wouldnt stop crying.

Lets hope today goes better.
  • nelinelineli
    nelinelineli Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    You're not failing in any way. You keep moving and that's all that matters! And your plan sounds very good.
  • danirosevoelkel
    Options
    You only fail when you quit. You're just hitting some bumps and will come out stronger for it. Kids love to be needy when you actually decide to do something for yourself haha!