How's it goin'?

Options
I myself have actually gained 1.3 lbs but that is nothing to worry about since I was not drinking enough water.
I also gain a little first before losing. Let's hope it's muscle!! J/k. I know it is not.

This has shown me that I need to step it up and be consistent with my logging/ exercising.
I am hoping for results by Halloween but I have to be honest and put in the WORK or I will not see the results.
So, this past week of vacationing at my sisters and not doing my work has been a wake up call.
Lesson learned.

Replies

• excitedaboutfitness
    excitedaboutfitness Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    So far so good!

I'm currently on summer vacation, so I have loads of free time to exercise. I lost 4.6 pounds this first week (from 173.6 to 169).

A large part of the reason for the big loss with the
    -220 minutes of walking
    -165 minutes of Zumba
    -150 mins of yoga
    -40 minutes of stationary bike
    -20 minutes of elliptical

So, nearly 10 hours spent on exercise in the last week :-)

Once school starts, that is going to greatly decrease (at the end of September). So, I've got to work my but off for the next month while I have the free time! :-)

I think 5 hours is more realistic once school starts.
  • bch97223
    Options
    From starting last week, I was down two pounds but up one this morning. I know the results will be slower than I want, but as long as I keep at it, they will come. Tracking what I eat is easier than I expected, and forces/encourages me to think ahead. I tried WW a couple years ago, and had some initial success, but converting everything to points was a pain.

The secret for me is changing my approach to eating and exercise - eating thoughtfully and exercising regularly, not just the two weeks before an event I want to look good for. If I can do that, I will reach my goal AND STAY THERE! Or maybe even lose a little more? I remember being 120 in high school, wishing I could get down to 115. Now, if OOPS I MEAN WHEN I get down to 150, I will be thrilled.

Until then, one day at a time.
  • WickedStitch
    WickedStitch Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    So far so good!

I'm currently on summer vacation, so I have loads of free time to exercise. I lost 4.6 pounds this first week (from 173.6 to 169).

A large part of the reason for the big loss with the
    -220 minutes of walking
    -165 minutes of Zumba
    -150 mins of yoga
    -40 minutes of stationary bike
    -20 minutes of elliptical

So, nearly 10 hours spent on exercise in the last week :-)

Once school starts, that is going to greatly decrease (at the end of September). So, I've got to work my but off for the next month while I have the free time! :-)

I think 5 hours is more realistic once school starts.

WHOLLY EXERCISE HOURS BATMAN!!! :)

Good on you! That's AWESOME!!! School has begun here already. A lot of my fitbit steps this week were from trying to get the house back in some order after insane summer.

As for me, I lost 2# this first week of the challenge. I am hoping that my body cooperates and keeps up this rate throughout!
  • NHoughton13
    Options
    Only down a half pound, but I'm ok with it. I've been exercising great, but treating myself too much. Like the Milky Way mini's I just scarfed down:blushing: I'm just proud that I've stuck with it and haven't given up. I'm giving myself a break from the guilt for awhile.
  • HalloweenGirl7
    HalloweenGirl7 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Only down a half pound, but I'm ok with it. I've been exercising great, but treating myself too much. Like the Milky Way mini's I just scarfed down:blushing: I'm just proud that I've stuck with it and haven't given up. I'm giving myself a break from the guilt for awhile.

That is a great attitude. I struggle with the treats too. I have anxiety sometimes and also fibromyalgia and am used to treating myself when I do stuff that is difficult for me. Like a Starbuck's etc... I really want to get in the habit of exercising and eating better but if I can get the exercise stuff down to a routine I think it will help. I am giving myself a break from the guilt of trying to keep up with other people's "game plans". You *should* be proud of sticking with your exercise! :-)
  • WickedStitch
    Options
    Everyone should give themselves a break from the guilt every now and again. Too much and it has a way of wearing one down. Keep your sunny side up! :)
  • dlibonati
    dlibonati Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Having trouble getting started... life got a little in the way and I spaced on logging.

Thinking the fall will be good for me though! Will have hockey and/or skating 3-4 times a week. Need to come up with some sort of stretching and weight plan to do at home to balance it out.
  • HalloweenGirl7
    HalloweenGirl7 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Had to restart myself: life got in the way for me too!
    Trying to start over today and have been logging my food and exercising.
    Sometimes, I try to do too much. And then my health issues kick in and say "no more nothin' for you! "
    So, easy does it but do it every day! If you are struggling as I am to get started please remember that doing something good EVERY day is the goal here. That is how you can move fwd in this!
  • danamarich
    danamarich Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm taking everything I have done previously to lose weight and turning it on it's a**!!

(Before I was so serious, eating VERY specifically, exercising/following a SERIOUS routine. If it hasn't been clear- I was uber serious about everything. Like my life depended on it)

Last week it dawned on me- I don't care about having abs, I don't care about if my ribs show when I wear a bathing suit, I'm not a serious athlete. I just want to lose weight, be healthy and enjoy myself. I wasn't enjoying a da*n bit of it because it was so strict and regimented.

So now I'm doing the opposite and seeing great results (probably because my stress hormones are down in conjunction with being relaxed and eating good food). I've started a cooking revolution in my house- making great food. No more sad salads, boring baked chicken or anything. (Viva la quiche Lorraine, cider chicken, sage potatoes, and savoury pork chops!), I exercise every day but doing things I like: Pilates, going for walks, or just dancing like a maniac when I'm home.

This is what losing weight should be (for me at least)- I don't worry about foods I shouldn't be eating because I'm enjoying the foods I am eating.

(It's hard to care about rapid, hard-core weight loss when I see people eating baked chicken with an everyday Greek salad/Caesar salad or other salad and I come bearing grilled corn niblets, beef with creamy mushroom sauce and glazed carrots) Small portions of intensely great food are giving me great results.
  • daisy79
    daisy79 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Its slow going for me so far. Its been puzzling to me why I'm barely losing any weight, if at all. But I think I finally started to realize I haven't been eating enough, for how many calories I've been burning. So I decided to make sure I eat all my calories and when I exercise, I need to eat them back. Its hard because I always thought if I kept my calories low and cardio high I would lose a lot.

I also ordered a new scale that should arrive next week. So I may have to adjust my weight at that point. But I got tired of my current scale never saying the same weight after several times. I got one that has great reviews an lots of happy customers.

I've been taking my measurements too and I'm not gaining there, maybe lost a half inch or so, so that's good. :)
  • LJH0604
    LJH0604 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    It is going pretty good for me. Last week was a slow week... I only lost .3 lbs.. but this week 2.5. Total 6.5 so far. I am pretty happy with that considering I was on vacation last week!!! I do have to get another exercise routine going, since it is way to cold to swim in the pool anymore. I was planning on trying Zumba this week.

Good luck everyone. Have a greta week.
  • WickedStitch
    Options
    Looks like we have quite a few members that need to be moved over to the inactive page. :/
    Upshot is, it will make the spreadsheet less crowded and easier to read. LOL :D
  • aefallis
    aefallis Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Went ahead and moved those who haven't weighed in since the beginning over to inactive. :( Sad to see the challenge isn't very active. I haven't been on much either. I'll start up a weekly weigh in thread and maybe we'll get more participating again instead of just imputing their weekly weight.