SixFourTwo
SixFourTwo Posts: 31 Member
Adapted from this delicious offering from Nigel Slater
http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/sausagesandmustard_92487

Ingredients

Glug of rapeseed oil (olive is fine, I just like to support British!)l
a medium onion peeled, sliced
1/2 courgette chopped up into long thin ribbons - think tagliatelle
2 Quorn sausages (I used the chefs selection with wild garlic and they were Tasty!)
1 small handful fresh flatleaf parsley, roughly chopped, plus a little extra for serving
a dollop or so of smooth mustard, such as Dijon
a dollop or so of grainy mustard, such as wholegrain
half a carton of Alpro alternative to single cream (or normal single cream if you are not watching fat content so much, 50 to 100ml dependant on how saucy you are feeling!).
salt and freshly ground black pepper

Preparation method

Add the oil to a hot, shallow, large pan and fry the onions until they are very, very sweet. They want to be soft, not crisp, so put the lid on so they steam as well as fry, say a good 8-10 minutes.

Meanwhile cook the courgette 'pasta' in boiling water until just tender, about 1 - 2 minutes. Drain and keep to the side.

When the onions are caramelised, thinly chop the sausages into diagonal slices and add to the onions and cook for a few minutes (3 to 4).

Add in the flatleaf parsley and stir in the mustards. It's up to you to add as much or as little as you like of each. A desert spoon of each is usually enough.

Stir in the cream and check the seasoning, adding more mustard if you want.

Toss the courgette 'pasta' in and stir well. Serve immediately with an extra sprinkling of chopped parsley.

ENJOY!!!

Replies

• jhiqui
    jhiqui Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    This sounds good, I will try it as soon as the courgettes in my garden are ready to go! :tongue: Licking my lips at the thought...
  • SixFourTwo
    SixFourTwo Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Have a look at the Carbonara here too, same deal with courgette instead of pasta and it works nicely in a proper comfort food way and can be meat or veggie!