feeling so emotional

Options
brenn24179
brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
Just found out my Aunt died today. And you know how I comfort myself. Many good memories, she taught me how to make scallop potatoes and she was a good cook, made bread,cakes, etc. but had a good figure. She watched her weight, good role model. She was so strong, one of those that did not take anything off anyone!

I know when my other Aunt died, I headed to a buffet. No, this Aunt would not want me to do that, she would want me to take care of myself and would have no trouble telling me to! Anybody I was mad at she would say Show Them!

Feeling sad, part of life, my last aunt, glad she is not suffering, she was on dialysis and there was a mean nurse in there with her when I visited. I knew she would let her have it if she could. I am enjoying fond memories of her. I don't have much family and wish she could be there when my parents die 86 and 90 years old die but I am glad I had her as long as I did and could depend on her. She was one who would be there and you could depend on. No I will not eat over this!

Replies

• brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    I did eat small bag of chips over my calorie limit but that is good for me, so sad. I would be sadder though if I did not have ya and I overate. For some reason I felt more comfortable with ya than facebook. (don't think sadder is a word, oh well sad)
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm proud of you for not rushing to the food though. It's nice you're honoring her by doing (or not doing) what she would want. There are probably a ton of other ways to honor her too... perhaps that would help you channel your emotions away from food.

Take care of yourself.

*Hugs*
  • Aboele79
    Aboele79 Posts: 40
    Options
    I am so sorry for your loss. good on you for not heading straight to the food on this. take good care of your self and be gentle xx
  • susanjean62
    Options
    I am very sorry for the loss of your Aunt.I am like you,as both my parents are gone and have one remaining aunt that is 98.That is the hardest part of aging,is losing the ones we love.Take care of yourself,dear lady. :heart: