What keeps you sane?

Options
Lwwalker3
Lwwalker3 Posts: 4 Member
Hey everyone!

I thought it would be great to gather everyone's ideas regarding what helps to keep them on track. For example, when I am dying for a sweet snack I have half of an apple with 1 tablespoon of natural crunchy almond butter (approx. 150 calories). It's sweet, crunchy, creamy and really satisfies me and fulfills that craving.

Got a great idea from a friend today that I am making right now, apple cinnamon steel cut oatmeal bars (approx 200 calories/serving). I needed something to throw into the breakfast/snack rotation and this sounded delicious. And the house smells darn good right now too.

Share what helps you get through a day successfully! It could just be the thing that helps someone else!

Replies

• bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    For me, if my workout is all set, the rest just falls into place. When I finished my structured program is when things started to go awry.

I ordered Insanity to see if having that structure again would help me. It can't hurt, I guess! :happy:
  • snowy_sk
    snowy_sk Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Mine is 100% about mentally being in the right place. If I'm not 100% there and determined, I find that my willpower is zero! So every day I remind myself that yes, chocolate may taste o so good, but being slim and healthy and wearing the clothes I want to wear is so much better!
  • ampherz
    ampherz Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Yes, the mental games are so tough! If I have a bad day, I'll find myself trying to eat it away. It feels so much better to work it out instead. After a workout I'm either exhausted or filled with energy to keep doing positive things. What a reward.

I also saw a new source of inspiration last night — an acquaintance of mine basically bragging about her lbs. I guess she's just thrown in the towel. I don't know what to say, but I know I don't want to go there either. She says, "Things that taste better than skinny feels: Pizza, Hamburgers, Burritos, Quesadillas, Fried chicken, Ice cream, Sesame chicken." I cringed and smiled that I'm not falling for that trap! Skinny feels freaking amazing.