Level 1 - Day 5

Options
drbskinny
drbskinny Posts: 120 Member
Ready for day 5? Last shred day for the week!

It seemed that a few members had a rough time with day 4 (including myself,) but today's a new day! Hydrate, stretch, do some modifications... just keep moving & we'll make it through. All of you are such an inspiration!

Replies

• mayonie1
    mayonie1 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Looking forward for the last day to burn those calories...I like Jillian when she says ''whats that smell''? and the ladies respond "calories'' lol (on ripped in 30)
  • hottie_in_training
    hottie_in_training Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I took yesterday off because I just couldn't do it...way too sore. Although I'm not happy that I'm behind the group already, I gotta tell you it was definitely needed and beneficial. This morning I feel so much better and excited to get back at it.

I think we need to listen to our bodies sometimes, it tells us what we need to do and we know the difference between our bodies talking to us and our laziness trying to sabatoge us. If I had worked out yesterday I wouldn't have gotten a full potential workout and would have put myself in a position to potentially get an injury. Today I'm stronger, refreshed and ready to feel the BURN!! Bring it on!!

Have a GREAT day everyone! :heart:
  • ColeAXE
    ColeAXE Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    That's so true about listening to our bodies. I also took a day off. But I know I'll make it up in the coming days. Thanx for the motivation ladies ;)
  • syyoung2005
    syyoung2005 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    yes day 4 was rough but today was a better day:wink:
  • mayonie1
    Options
    Day 5 done! Yiiiiippeeeeeeeyyyy! The weather is cold outside so I was active and nailing it hard...I didn't get enough of Jillian and dance a little bit with my Zumba. Rest day tomorrow,,,yheeee!
  • SMK683
    SMK683 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Very interesting how Day 4 was tougher for the group (me included). Today was way better. I am still alternating Level 1 and Level 2. Level 2 seems a little easier for me.
  • tanyab1990
    tanyab1990 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Done for today! Got through the "legs are weak" stage. Now my knee is aching but I am just modifying to get through any lunges and squats. I am definitely getting stronger on the push ups (modified version). I can feel some muscles I haven't felt in a while, especially in my back. Today is my day 7 so I will do week 1 measurements tomorrow. I am also doing the DVD straight through for 30 days because I have a trip to Colorado right at day 30 or 31 so I want to be finished by then. My grandma won't appreciate me doing all that jumping and "rabble-rousing" in her house. :)

Have a great Friday!
  • jennifermyers35
    jennifermyers35 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Done! I decided to turn my T.V down and play music instead of listening to the DVD... Music always powers my workouts and it was great :)

Good job everyone!!!
  • sweet_skin
    sweet_skin Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Day five done! I even did 30 extra minutes of dancing
  • Goosie17
    Goosie17 Posts: 28
    Options
    Day 5 done .......did zumba afterwards and felt a pop around the side of my knee .....its a lil swollen:( hopefully it will feel better in the morning :)
  • mayonie1
    Options
    Lol Its seems there were lot who continued with Zumba like me.

So what do we do next week? Do we continue to level 2 or we repeat level one? Are you ready to continue? I am.
  • proverbs31kimberly
    Options
    Hey team, I did completed day 5. My husband is still working out with me. Woot Woot!!
  • drbskinny
    drbskinny Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    So what do we do next week? Do we continue to level 2 or we repeat level one? Are you ready to continue? I am.

The group schedule is set up for 10 days at each level (or 2 weeks.) Of course everyone is welcome to go forward as they see fits their own fitness needs, but I'll be keeping the topic thread schedule set for 2 weeks at each level :smile:

So glad everyone is still going strong! Be sure to catch up on the weekend if any injuries or scheduling issues popped up during the week to throw you off. One week down! Stay dedicated & before you know it we'll be moving up to level 2!
  • Mjnslce
    Mjnslce Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    yeah day 5 done! It was quit nice to see how much my arms are improving.
  • hottie_in_training
    hottie_in_training Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Day 5 is done!! F!%& those jumping jacks...everything but them is getting easier. Tomorrow I catch up by completing Day 4. Well done everyone!!
  • mayonie1
    Options

The group schedule is set up for 10 days at each level (or 2 weeks.) Of course everyone is welcome to go forward as they see fits their own fitness needs, but I'll be keeping the topic thread schedule set for 2 weeks at each level :smile:

So glad everyone is still going strong! Be sure to catch up on the weekend if any injuries or scheduling issues popped up during the week to throw you off. One week down! Stay dedicated & before you know it we'll be moving up to level 2!

Ooh thanks I didn't know, I'll stick to the group and do level 1 as well.
  • trenee35
    trenee35 Posts: 143
    Options
    I finally got in my day 5 of the Shred this morning. I didn't eat well yesterday which I think was the cause of my stomach ache. So, I put off the Shred until today. Thank goodness for weekends so I could catch up with my missed day. Have a great weekend All!!!
  • 2muchchocncrisps
    2muchchocncrisps Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Played catch-up today! Not too bad, and as I muted Jillian and listened to 10cc I was doing double the number of some moves!
  • tanyab1990
    tanyab1990 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Since I have to be done by 9/23, I am going the full 30 days. So, I did my shred today with my sister. We did well. Since I also started early (last Saturday), I took week 1 measurements today. I'm happy to say that I am down 3.5" in one week. There was no change in my legs or calves but my waist, chest and arms all saw a decrease. Yeah!

Tanya
  • zd04
    zd04 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    finally completed day 5.....but it was so difficult this time but however I managed to complete it!!!!!