what weights do you lift?

Options
loz2304
loz2304 Posts: 13 Member
Hi, just joined the group but I'm just about to start disc 5, which I gotta admit I'm nervous about but I was wondering what kind of weights everyone is using?

Replies

• aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    Are you talking about how heavy? Well, I'll just go through my War and Peace list of weights just to be sure! :D

I use 5's, 8's, 10's, and 12's for hand weights depending on the exercise. I usually hold the 5's when I do certain cardio exercises too. They are the kind with rubber on the outside, so they're super comfortable to hold and don't slip when I sweat. I also like to wear ankle weights. Mine are adjustable up to 5 lbs. I usually go between 3 and 4 lbs. For the cardio (which I sub with Turbo Jam Cardio Party because I don't like the BR cardios) I like to wear glove weights, which are 1 lbs each. Although at the end of the workout I swear they feel like 20's. I'm also using a different resistance band that has less give than the cable. I like lifting heavier and getting a bit more resistance where I can since I see results faster and it increases my calorie burn. Plus I had most of these weights (other than the gloves) laying around from years of physical therapy. So I'm glad I'm getting use out of them.
  • loz2304
    loz2304 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Wow that's a list and a half, I've been using some that were just lying around and really need to get some that fit the job, so thanks for the reply. I'm glad I'm not the only one not too keen in the cardio I really have to force myself to do it kinda dreading cardio 2 :ohwell: :smile:
  • fourfiftythree
    fourfiftythree Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I use 3's, 5's and 8's. I actually want heavier ones, but weights are pretty darn expensive! I will get new ones after I finish JMBR in a couple of weeks (going to do it again).
  • hkmurphy83
    hkmurphy83 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I have 3s, 5s, 8s, 10s, and 25s (I only use 1-25# for Good Mornings). I also have the 2 resistance bands that came with my purchase. I use the heavier duty (more resistance) one. I wish I had 15s for some of the moves though. I think that I will budget to buy some for the next round of JMBR (this is just round 1 for me). I'm on Week 11 out of the 14 weeks that I've mapped out. I'm going to take a month off and then start up again. :)
  • PBlilacs
    PBlilacs Posts: 23
    Options
    I have 5, 10's, and 20's and love how much stronger I feel! I only use my 5's now for when I switch phases and I am learning a new move other than that I switch back and forth between my 10's for when she says to use light weight and my 20's for when she says grab heavy weights.
  • debraran1
    debraran1 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I always have on hand, 3, 5 8, 10, 12 and 15. I have a pair of 20's but normally use them. I bought a nice vertical rack on Amazon so I can neatly (no more stubbed toes) keep them in the den where I work out.
  • Steffani911
    Steffani911 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    The first time I went through it I used 3's, 5's, and 8's. Now on my second time through I am using 5's, 8's, and 15's. I am only using JMBR as a "warm up" before doing a lifting program (yes I'm insane). I wish I had used heavier weights the first time around. I think my results would have been better.