Exercise schedule

Options
CherylP67
CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
Hi,

I'm working my way through 30 day shred and I'm having trouble doing the program on days I work. I work 12 hour shifts and I'm fine if I work 1 day, but if work more than 1 day in a row it's hard to get up a half hour early and exercise. I've also noticed I'm dragging towards the end of my shift if I do 30 DS before work.

When do you all exercise on working days? I'm hoping that once my fitness has improved, I'll have more stamina and be able to get up, exercise, work and feel great the whole day.

Replies

• its_sania
    its_sania Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I do 10hr shifts and always do my workouts as soon as i get home from work. I've tried working out in the morning but I just dont have the energy to get through the workout. If i don't manage to workout during all my working days i make sure I do it on my days off.
  • skrakalaka
    skrakalaka Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I no longer try to exercise when I'm working day shift (12 hrs). I woke up early to do 30 DS and that lasted about a week. And after work I actually injured myself doing a phase 3 Body Revolution workout so I decided it wasn't worth the risk to work out tired. Now I work out on my days off and before night shift. I've never worked 10s so I don't know if it would be different?
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I've started walking after work. My body was telling me no on the 30 DS on working days. Skrakalaka, are you lifting weights? You look great in your profile picture. I am going to start lifting soon.
  • skrakalaka
    Options
    Thanks! I just do Jillian Michaes videos. Body Revolution got me into shape and now I just mix up all her workouts. I use dumbbells ranging from 3-15 lbs depending on the exercise.
  • skrakalaka
    Options
    Thanks! I just do Jillian Michaes videos. Body Revolution got me into shape and now I just mix up all her workouts. I use dumbbells ranging from 3-15 lbs depending on the exercise.
  • karen91967
    karen91967 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I work 12 hr nights and I run on my off days because I find I feel I am sluggish in the afternoon after sleeping during day! When I work 12 hrs a few nights in a row I just walk about 3 miles when I get up in. Also on the nights I work I take my 30 min break and walk laps around our unit so I get some exercising in at work to! I also park the furthest back part of he parking deck at the hospital so I walk farther to and from my car! Every little bit helps! Good luck!
  • jenn_zimm
    jenn_zimm Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I work 8.5 hr nights and generally run as soon as I get home - then I can shower and go to bed without having to worry about fitting my workout in later in the day!
  • in_therain
    in_therain Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I no longer try to exercise when I'm working day shift (12 hrs). I woke up early to do 30 DS and that lasted about a week. And after work I actually injured myself doing a phase 3 Body Revolution workout so I decided it wasn't worth the risk to work out tired. Now I work out on my days off and before night shift. I've never worked 10s so I don't know if it would be different?

I agree. I work three shifts, 7a-7p every week. Working twelves is very tough on the body and I am NOT a morning person, so I know I am setting myself up to fail if I try to squeeze in a tough workout. I do walk a leisurely 45 minutes to work, moreso to help me wake up and clear my head more than anything. I also take the stairs at work whenever possible and walk during my lunch. On my days off, I try to stay active and get in a good workout.