introduction - happy to join you ladies!

Options
jjanay100
jjanay100 Posts: 46 Member
Hello!
I am almost 6 months postpartum after being pregnant with identical twin girls. It has been a whirlwind pregnancy and then 6 months post-partum. The babies had a disease in utero called Twin to Twin Transfusion Syndrome and we almost lost them both but thanks to amazing medical attention and in-utero sugery they are both here now! they were born 10 weeks early and we spent the first 2 months of their life in the hospital so I don't feel 6 months post partum! I also have a 3 year old son.
Here's my numbers:
I'm 5'7-ish
pre-pregnancy weight - 175

delivery weight (30 weeks gestation) - 200-ish. I was in the hospital for 2 weeks prior to their birth with ruptured membranes so I didn't weigh myself but I am guessing.

8 weeks postpartum - 175. I was staying at the hospital with them, very stressed, pumping every 3 hours and not eating enough
so the weight all came off quickly.....

5 months post partum - 183. There is that weight that came off so quickly! My mom was visiting for a couple months and man, she can cook!!! :)

Current weight - 180
Goal weight - 145

I started the couch to 5k learn to run program 3 weeks ago and just joined MFP this week. Tracking what I eat is always a big help when I am losing weight - it is such an eye opener to see how all those little bites add up.
I am breastfeeding the twins but also supplement with formula so I consider it the same, calorie wise, as exclusively bfing 1 baby. I am trying for 1800 calories a day and "running" every second day.

Replies

• RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    Hi there, and welcome! I'm so glad you and your girls are ok! I imagine it's been quite a ride!

I am also 5'7", was 160-170 pre-pregnancy, 240 at delivery, and 206ish now. I am 3 months PP with my second (and last) baby. I was heavier with my first, but I lost a ton of weight and got down to 154. I am EBFing, whereas last time I supplemented then switched to formula at 3 months, so weight loss is much, much slower this time :( But I'm trying!

You may want to join the group "Breastfeeding Support." It's helped me a lot with playing with calories and other stuff.
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
  • jjanay100
    jjanay100 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I will check it out. Man, it is so hard to lose weight while breastfeeding! AND i have never been hungrier in my life!