Love BMF Customer Service

Options
zukkiz
zukkiz Posts: 362 Member
HeyBales has been helping out a lot with my settings in BMF, but for some reason somethings weren't working out as they should. Even when I thought they were, I took a double take and it was once again going back to my original problem. (Not giving me credit for working out.)

So I emailed a customer service agent at BMF, one I have been working with on connection issues and such. Here is the email she sent me.

The armband measures your step activity based on the swinging of your arms and the vibrations from your heel to toe steps. This data with the other three sensors are used with your body statistics to calculate your step, activity level and how many calories you've burned.

It is important to note that the program is not intended to measure a specific activity. Rather, the success and intent of the program is to measure the user’s total energy expenditure throughout the course of their daily activities.

With that being said, when using certain gym equipment you may notice that your overall armband information may be lower than it should be. This is due to the fact that the abnormal and usually smooth motions throw off the accelerometers in the armband. Different equipment can affect the overall accuracy of the armband in many different ways. To help improve accuracy we recommend wearing the armband lower on your tricep closer to your elbow. This will help capture the motion of your body and help increase the overall accuracy of the device.

I have reviewed your Activity Manager and do see that you have your MET's threshold set to 3-6 MET's. This means that the Activity Manager will not display activity until you reach this threshold. The first thing that I would recommend is lowering that threshold to better suit yourself and how your body burns energy. You can do this through the Settings/Preference portion of the activity manager. Here you will go to the Physical Activity Level and adjust you numbers appropriately. Please let me know if this correction better shows your activity.

I will let you all know if this works better for me.

Replies

• ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Awesome information.
  • AnitraSoto
    AnitraSoto Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    What did you end up adjusting your METS to? I have never changed mine from that default 3 - 6 either...