How much have you lost since starting Paleo?

Options

Replies

• Syriene
    Syriene Posts: 238
    Options
    15lbs since Feb. Starting thyroid meds also played a part, but following a Paleo lifestyle definitely kicked things off.
  • JasonKoverman
    JasonKoverman Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Lost 115 pounds on Primal Blueprint since February 2012
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    70 pounds since July 2012.
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    9 Pounds , I didn't have much to lose to start with, I wanted to get the last 15 off, so almost there , ben paleo for 10 months , however I think I lost fat and gained muscle, so I am pretty happy with where I am , more muscles would be ok though :wink:
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    I've lost over 60 pounds since becoming ketogenic Primal a year ago. I am now ketogenic Paleo (quite similar just quit the dairy). The weight loss really slows once you have less to lose but a healthy body will drop the excess fat, it just takes patience and time.
  • daniellealys
    daniellealys Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    60lbs in 10 months! :D yay
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    1 lb. And it's the same lb that I keep losing and gaining back and forth. But I feel less godawful, so I'm good with that. I have lost 1/2" off my bust, no movement anywhere else.
    LOL. I've been trying to lose 5LBS for 2 years, so I feel your pain!
    :-)
    (At this point, mid-pause, I'm just happy when I don't gain)
  • CrazyCatLadylovescats
    Options
    I eat Primal. About 80/20. And I gained weight over the past year, some times when I was strictly Primal. But...I wasn't doing the exercises, and was eating what I wanted including berries and cream. So I gained. Now I am jogging about 3 to 5 miles a day and am slowly losing. At first I did loose about 10 pounds, but it came back because I wasn't exercising and it was probably mostly muscle.

Edited to add: I do feel better in many ways by not eating grains - sinus headaches gone, persistent ache in my hip, a few other things that make the quality of like lower. It was the hoovering around the overweight mark that makes me want to do more to get rid of the pounds now.
  • dandelion39
    dandelion39 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    9.5 lbs since July 16th when I started a Whole30. My husband did the Whole30 with me, and lost 15 lbs in the 30 days. We're thrilled!
  • stacyt83
    stacyt83 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I've only been eating Paleo for a week and a half and I've lost 5 pounds. I'm really excited with the quick results. Can't wait to see what the long term benefits are. :smile:
  • ali_b83
    ali_b83 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I've been eating Paleo/Primal since around October/November of last year, and have lost 40lbs since then.
  • hilliardjoe
    hilliardjoe Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Been eating Primal since Jan 1 2013 and am down 55 pounds as of this morning.

But it's not just about the amount lost for me.

3 weeks into it I started taking body measurements so I could get a rough body fat % measurement.

So on Jan 21 I was already down 17 pounds (to 296) when I started measuring and computing body fat %.

Then my BF% was 40.7%, with a Lean Body Mass (LBM) of 176 with 120 pounds of fat (ugh).

As of this morning my BF% is 26.1% with a LBM of 191 and 67 pounds of fat.

So my LBM has gone up 15 pounds (more muscle, yeah!) and the amount of fat I've been carrying around has gone down by 53 pounds.

But it's more than just about those numbers also.

My energy level is much higher, my allergies seem to be gone, my sleep is better, my mood is better (mentioned by family and co-workers) and my vision has even gotten slightly better (my eye doc was surprised).
  • kskroch
    kskroch Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I've been eating primal since October 2012, I've not lost weight - I was about 210 when I started and as low as 199 in March and now I'm 214. But this summer I've been less active because of a knee injury/surgery

II have a friend that has been doing it the same amount of time and she has only lost about 10 pounds.

So not sure about it for weight loss. I am feeling better than I was and my blood work is good, so I'm sticking with it for now.
  • k_stew_
    k_stew_ Posts: 38
    Options
    I've gained 15 pounds since going paleo--- which I'm seriously happy with!!! I started paleo the same time I started lifting six months ago. I started out completely skinny fat. Now, for the first time I have a butt and strong legs, arms, and strong abs. I think paleo has helped my health immeasurably, and I'm meeting my fitness and body comp goals. I've lost 3% body fat in the process.

So 15 pounds--- more lean muscle, less fat. Don't let the scale hold you back!
  • purplemoonmyst
    purplemoonmyst Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have lost 49 pounds in three months. I did the whole 30 for three months but now I am trying to add back dairy and see if it agrees with me.
  • EchoDelta1013
    EchoDelta1013 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I've been eating primal since October 2012, I've not lost weight - I was about 210 when I started and as low as 199 in March and now I'm 214. But this summer I've been less active because of a knee injury/surgery

II have a friend that has been doing it the same amount of time and she has only lost about 10 pounds.

So not sure about it for weight loss. I am feeling better than I was and my blood work is good, so I'm sticking with it for now.

Interesting that you had surgery and haven't lost weight. I recently had foot surgery along with a long stay in the hospital and I've lost another 14 pounds. In total since Paleo of August of last year, I've 57 pounds but that last 14 is unintentional due to the surgery.
  • naptownblue
    naptownblue Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    17 lbs in 3 weeks woohoo!
  • thenance007
    thenance007 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    21 lbs. in 2 months doing Primal with less than 50 g. carbs per day and 45-65 g. protein--the rest is "good fats". I've gone on 2 several day "cheats" in that time, but have managed to climb back on the wagon--the part that has always been missing in the past. It's so obvious to me that when I cheat with carbs, all the cravings come roaring back. Under 50 g. per day, very easy to stay on track. Also acid reflux is gone, energy is much higher, need less sleep, and achiness is way down.
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    I've gained 15 pounds since going paleo--- which I'm seriously happy with!!! I started paleo the same time I started lifting six months ago. I started out completely skinny fat. Now, for the first time I have a butt and strong legs, arms, and strong abs. I think paleo has helped my health immeasurably, and I'm meeting my fitness and body comp goals. I've lost 3% body fat in the process.

So 15 pounds--- more lean muscle, less fat. Don't let the scale hold you back!

awesome!!! and exactly!!
  • ShannonKirton
    ShannonKirton Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    When I started paleo in July, I was about 163. These days I'm in the 145-148 range so ALMOST 20 pounds down :)