Guys who like "big girls"

Options
RLDeShazo
RLDeShazo Posts: 356 Member
Does it bother you when guys tell you they like "big girls"? I am finding it a bit off-putting. I wonder what will happen when I'm not a big girl. Will they lose interest??

Replies

• alishacupcake
    alishacupcake Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    It doesn't bother me. I kinda feel like I will always fall into the "big girl" group because I have a large frame. But any guy who loses interest because of that isn't worth your time.
  • admnmtpilot
    admnmtpilot Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    It doesn't bother me. I kinda feel like I will always fall into the "big girl" group because I have a large frame. But any guy who loses interest because of that isn't worth your time.

Agree!!!
  • RLDeShazo
    Options
    I think it is more that they feel they need to qualify their interest with "I like big girls". Guys don't have to tell skinny girls that they like skinny girls. I don't know. Hard to explain. I guess I should be happy there are guys out there who like the big girls. LOL
  • zora182
    zora182 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I think some guys really do like big girls, I dont get it but they are out there. I mean I know a few that wont date anyone that isnt a big girl. I guess just like some guys wont date anyone that isnt skinny. Chubby chasers ( although I hate the term) are just more vocal about it then they used to be. Its a personal preference, just like if we prefer someone tall, short, fit, dark-haired, etc. There is a fine line though. I think some of them have an obsession and it goes beyond just what they find is beautiful, that would be a problem with me. There is someone for everyone I guess. I plan to always be a bigger girl. I have no desire to be thin. My goal weight is actually 199 so I guess I will always fall into that category. Maybe its their way of telling you that they think you are beautiful, even when most of the world wants you to believe you arent?
  • RLDeShazo
    Options
    I think some guys really do like big girls, I dont get it but they are out there. I mean I know a few that wont date anyone that isnt a big girl. I guess just like some guys wont date anyone that isnt skinny. Chubby chasers ( although I hate the term) are just more vocal about it then they used to be. Its a personal preference, just like if we prefer someone tall, short, fit, dark-haired, etc. There is a fine line though. I think some of them have an obsession and it goes beyong just what they find is beautiful, that would be a problem with me. There is someone for everyone I guess. I plan to always be a bigger girl. I have no desire to be thin. My goal weight is actually 199 so I guess I will always fall into that category.

My goal is about 180, so I won't ever be "small" either. I don't know why this bothers me. Especially when they say it over and over again. OK, I get it. But I don't go around saying I really like tall guys. I guess I don't like the reminder that I'm a big girl. Thanks, dude. I know. I don't need you to tell me. 50 times.
  • zora182
    Options
    My goal is about 180, so I won't ever be "small" either. I don't know why this bothers me. Especially when they say it over and over again. OK, I get it. But I don't go around saying I really like tall guys. I guess I don't like the reminder that I'm a big girl. Thanks, dude. I know. I don't need you to tell me. 50 times.

Oh, I understand that too. I still think for most of them, they think they are complimenting you. But, there are those guys that think ALL big girls have no self esteem and use it to get what they want. Usually, you can spot those guys. Thats what I have an issue with.
  • phasesme
    phasesme Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Some guys will lose interest when you lose weight. And that's right around the time you should lose them too. I dated a guy for two years who LOVES big girls. When I decided that I wanted to lose weight not for vanity but for my health he made it very clear that he would "fall out" of love with me if I lost weight. His comments both hurt and shocked me. I guess it's the same regardless of your weight however because I know men that feel the same about their thin girlfriends. I think it's about being with someone who wants you for more than just the outer appearance and anyone to obsessed either way should make you run for the hills.
  • alishacupcake
    alishacupcake Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Personally I think "big girls" are cute!! I have seen alot of before and afters and I think they looked better before. I do realize that they are healthier (for the most part) after but i might be a chubby chaser if I was a guy lol
  • zora182
    Options
    Some guys will lose interest when you lose weight. And that's right around the time you should lose them too. I dated a guy for two years who LOVES big girls. When I decided that I wanted to lose weight not for vanity but for my health he made it very clear that he would "fall out" of love with me if I lost weight. His comments both hurt and shocked me. I guess it's the same regardless of your weight however because I know men that feel the same about their thin girlfriends. I think it's about being with someone who wants you for more than just the outer appearance and anyone to obsessed either way should make you run for the hills.

I agree, and have seen this happen a few times. Sadly, as hurtful as those words can be, we should love the inner person but I have to be attracted to who I am with. Vain? Yes, somewhat :( Hope you have found someone that loves you inside and out :)
  • pinky_pie
    Options
    It feels like I'm being fetishized when guys insist on making that known. To me, it's no difference if someone says they like dating a particular race or religion or eye colour.
  • RLDeShazo
    Options
    exactly, fetishized. If it isn't a word, it should be.
  • melissa9005
    Options
    My boyfriend has always liked bigger girls, but he always tells me that he will love me no matter what size I am
  • quiggley
    quiggley Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I have seen this and for me as long as they accept my being larger as part of who I am right now that is fine but like someone else posted if it is a fetish then no.. I think we all want to be liked and loved for our whole person not a bodypart.I guess that is why I am still single thinner or larger and I have been both I have not found that Man yet.
  • thefatchic
    thefatchic Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I was kind of talking about this with my husband today. He likes big girls and I am worried that once I lose the weight (granted won't be for awhile) he won't be attracted to me anymore. I kept trying to address it and all he would say was that he would love me no matter what. Am I wrong that love and attraction are two different things? I totally feel where you are coming though.
  • wolfblossom
    Options
    I understand what you are saying, you want someone to want you because you are you. You dont want someone to be with you only because you are a big girl. It can be a fine line but when you meet the right person it really will not matter, the mutual attraction will be there :smile:
  • TheRainIsGone
    Options
    This is an old topic but still relevant so I want to put in my two cents.

When I was dating (which wasn't very often) I shied away from "chubby chasers," because all my life I've wanted to be a normal weight and didn't want anyone to discourage me.
    I was very shy anyway, I'd been bullied from a young age, and don't trust easily.

I met my husband through a common interest, not a dating service. I was looking for someone who would accept me as I am but not need to keep me there.
    He's a big guy too (not as big as me, may way in same range but he's 6 ft tall) and we love each other from the heart, but I think he'd be thrilled if I got thin. However, he tells me his love for me has nothing to do with my appearance, he will always love me no matter what I look like.
    But I don't want to be a burden or die on him, and I want to be able to do fun normal things. So losing the weight can only make life better.

Having said all that, I don't think there's anything wrong with dating someone who prefers a larger woman. If they truly love you and don't merely see you as a fetish it'll be fine.
    But if a man will leave you over anything so superficial as your appearance, you don't need him, that isn't real love. Love yourself enough to move on.
  • LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    There are some guys who like bg girls because they believe that we give it up easy. I also think that there are some guys who really do like big girls.
  • AquabearGO
    AquabearGO Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Morrissey said it best: "Some girls are bigger than others .....some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers......
  • ChrisTina_Fisher
    Options
    My husband is one that prefers big girls. I wouldn't say that he is a chubby chaser, though. He says that he won't leave me if I lose weight, but I doubt I'll get below 180#, myself.