Hi I am brand spanking new at this

Options
I have just been studying the MFP and found that this group is for me. I hope you will all read my profile and allow me to join you and be an active member. I am not in a position to motivate you all as yet but instead looking for motivation and support and help. I have found by reading the posts that you can become friends and talk about many things of interest and I look forward to that as well. I am planning to start my program of tracking etc. tomorrow so hope to hear from some of you. Any suggestions are certainly welcome because as you can see by my profile I have not lost weight in forever. Thanks Linda.

Replies

• southerngramma
    Options
    Hi Linda...welcome aboard. Would love to be friends..I truly believe you can never have enough..
  • Joe_Atlanta
    Joe_Atlanta Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard! There's a great, supportive bunch of people here. Don't worry too much about meeting calorie goals in the very beginning, just log everything and get a sense of what you are eating. Then, start figuring out what you can eat to get a balanced diet AND stay under your calorie goal. Exercise (of any kind) REALLY helps. Good luck!
  • gramanana
    gramanana Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Let me add my welcome to the others here. This is a great group and I'm sure you'll find lots of support and encouragement. I agree with Joe, that at first just track what you are eating so you can get a handle on it, then you can come up with a plan that works for you.

Welcome and good luck!
  • skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the 60 years and over group. :smile:
  • dianefisher47
    dianefisher47 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group....great people here...I see you are Canadian also...feel free to add me
  • shaplebound
    shaplebound Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, its a great app to use, after you find your way around, it's a very supportive and encouraging site. I just love it, Never in my life have I been able to lose 74lbs, until now, using MFP.. Please feel free to add me as a friend, as we can never have enough. And Good Luck!!!
  • jeanmrob
    jeanmrob Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Hi Linda and welcome...... Joe's advice is excellent.......feel your way into the site and the eating/ exercise and then make it work for you........ :flowerforyou:

Jean