How Are You Doing?

Options
I just joined, and there doesn't seem to be much activity here. I am just getting started, but am doing well. So how is everyone else doing?

Replies

• AnneTanne0
    AnneTanne0 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I think you're right we're not very active here on this forum, but many of us have found good friends here, and know each other more through mutual comments on 'personal' activities...

How I'm doing? Well, I'm on that point that I have to change from losing to maintaining weight, and that's not so easy sometimes...
    I guess that I well still lose somewhat before I'll have really found the amount I can eat for maintenance.
    But most important for me is maintaining my activity level, and that's going rather well...
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    Wow! That's great that you have lost what you wanted to lose. I wish you the best in keeping it off. That seems to be the hardest thing for most people.
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    I am good too. Welcome. I would love to see this forum more active also. It is good to share with people of my own age.
  • padisneyfour
    Options
    Welcome! I am doing well....been super busy lately moving our two daughters into college so learning how to be in an empty nest now.... will take some getting use too. I try to walk at least 2 miles every morning before work so with the season changing I am going to have to adjust that somehow too.I am much more a morning person... I am def being more active and loving it!!

a friend of mine from middle school and I are going to do a 5k in feb in wdw during Princess weekend. it will be her first and my second. we are both excited- we even plan on wearing very simple running costumes so working out plans for that too.... we before turned 50 this year so a quasi birthday thing!

take care!
  • kathyt08069
    kathyt08069 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I am relatively new to this group as well. Please feel free to add me as a friend if you are interested. We all need all the help we can get.
  • arabianhorselover
    Options
    I have been feeling some of that "empty nest" thing for two years now. That's when my oldest son moved out. My other two are 18 and 16, so it won't be long for them, either. I suppose. I can't even believe they are that old yet.

Sounds like you are doing really well with the exercise!

Lisa

Welcome! I am doing well....been super busy lately moving our two daughters into college so learning how to be in an empty nest now.... will take some getting use too. I try to walk at least 2 miles every morning before work so with the season changing I am going to have to adjust that somehow too.I am much more a morning person... I am def being more active and loving it!!

a friend of mine from middle school and I are going to do a 5k in feb in wdw during Princess weekend. it will be her first and my second. we are both excited- we even plan on wearing very simple running costumes so working out plans for that too.... we before turned 50 this year so a quasi birthday thing!

take care!
  • SkagitYogini
    SkagitYogini Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'm chugging right along toward my goal. This program is the first time I've seriously committed to losing weight and following through. So far it's been easy for the most part. I fully expect the inevitable plateau, and hope I handle it well. I'm at the stage right now where none of my clothes fit - and not because they are too tight! I feel like the "slim fit" slacks I have on today might just fall right down to my ankles if I'm not careful. :blushing:
  • Caribou2u
    Caribou2u Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm doing well here...slow start to the weight loss, but I really find this site helpful because it provides very visual parameters for me. The database of foods is GIGANTIC so I don't have to look up things and do math to record what I eat. I have tried different things for the last 2 years trying to lose any weight...nothing helped until MFP.

Feel free to add me as a friend here. I'm busy - but I like it that way. I have dogs and we do tracking, Nosework, conformation showing and a little bit of Rally Obedience. My husband and I compete in pistol matches - so there's practice for that and weekend competitions. And I just started taking violin lessons. We have 3 boys... 17, 19 and 21... and two cats (the cats are "Liar Cats"...they holler constantly saying "No one fed me!! Feed me!! I'm hungry!! You forgot to feed me!!"
  • arabianhorselover
    Options
    Sounds like my guinea pigs. Always looking for food. Always. Just the way I always was!

I also have three boys - Two of them are turning 20 and 18 on Friday. The youngest just turned 16.
  • Joanne_happygramma
    Options
    Just joined myself yesterday and hoping to get more active here and on my comments elsewhere. Actually I guess I just need to get more active period. Like Caribou I love the database here. I had a small handheld calorie counter that I used for quite a while.
    Being accountable is what helps me and actually measuring my food - amazing how small a cup really is :wink:

Looking forward to getting to know more people here and helping each other with our goals. I am a very slow but steady person, for the last few years life got in my way for weight loss but now things have leveled off (I hope) and now it's about me.
  • grammiemaggs
    Options
    Hi all; I would love it if some of us could kind of report on our days here ... you know ... good or bad. Weight related or not, just keep in touch so we know we're not alone. Like real friends would do. As for me, today was great for the most part ... but then something weird happened at work. We have a situation where my manager (okay perhaps some of the rest of us too) believes one of our team members could be moving at a better pace ... so he finally approached her about it. Asked if everything is okay because her pace has been very slow. Well the "chit" hit the fan so to speak. She's angry and hurt ... feels under-appreciated and is out for revenge. Man, I feel like I'm back at high school. You'd think that at 50+ years of age this kind of thing would be over with but blam ... there it is again. DRAMA. I'm an Em-path and I'm feeling all the negativity right now. :sad: I picked up some wine on my way home ... enjoying some of the relaxing effects. Not enough to screw up my day too much, just enough to calm my nerves. Okay ... that's enough about my weird day. How was your day???
  • casmithis
    casmithis Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Hi there you may be sorry you asked!!!

I have to apologize. I've been very inactive on this website lately. I just started working for a school board as a budget auditor and no one told me how busy September would be!! I suspected it would be busy but never imagined this busy. I'm used to staying and putting in extra hours (being an accountant) but it's frowned upon where I work. which is good for the home life but bad for being new and trying to get everything done.

But I have turned a new leaf. After a bad summer of too many vacations and too many outings, I fell off the wagon. I happy to say I'm back on the wagon. Eating better and joined a gym with my husband. I was in maintenance mode before the summer but now I need to pull up my socks and get back down to my maintenance weight and just better healthier habits in general.

Oh ya, I have 2 teenage daughters that just went away to university and I miss them like crazy. So a whole lot of emotional eating going on right now. Need to curb that too.

Take care everyone and good health to ya!!

Cindy
  • AmyMgetsfit
    AmyMgetsfit Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I am doing great. I started the C25K training a few weeks ago. I don't have any plans to run a 5k race, just wanted to start running as part of my workout routine. Tomorrow morning I do W5D3. It is a 20 minute run. I have never run over 12 minutes at one time, so this should be interesting. I may have to build up to it, I will see how I do tomorrow.