I need serious advice

Options
EBFNP
EBFNP Posts: 529 Member
Hello all-

I need some serious advice about a guy I met at a dating auction a few months back. We went out once, but he ended up nearly standing me up before a planned second date because he " lost his phone." I used that excuse to basically say I just wanted to be friends and left it at that. However, there were other concerns that got to me during the first date: 1. he went on and on about his ex and how she had issues and was crazy, didn't want to do things with him, and crashed his car. 2. He called other girls in the dating auction skanks and *kitten*. All the girls in the auction appeared to be professional and nice women. I don't know how much of it was true, but that was a huge red flag to me. In addition, he was super clingy to me right after we met. He texted me like multiple times during the week before our first date and that turned me off. That doesn't include friending me on FB also. He even sent me messages saying he couldn't stop thinking about me after I refused to go out with him again because his actions.

Fast forward to last week. He sent me a message wondering if we can reconnect. He made small talk with me and asked if we can hang out. I said yes, but I was a little skeptical but agreed anyways. He asked me how long would he be able to have me out until, i said we shall see. He suggested 5 am because he supposedly hasn't been out since the time we went out in Feb. due to assisting with a local campaign. As a result, I reminded him that I just wanted to be friends, and I will not be giving a second chance. He said he accepted and understood my point of view and just wanted to have friends. Last night we were suppose to hang out, but my car battery died at my cousin house. I called him to say I wouldn't be able to make it, but I suggested next Saturday as a viable option. He said okay and that he wasn't taking no for an answer. Then today I get a text that he wants me to participate in a parade with the local mayoral candidate he's assisting, but I declined. I got no response.

My intuition is telling me that this guy is going to keep reaching towards me until I give in. I wonder if I should just tell him I am not interested in being friends or anything except casual acquaintances. Eventually I think he's going to be expecting more and more from me especially if I give him a window of access to my life. I just got rid of an emotionally abusive man a few months ago, and I sadly think this one has the potential to at least emotionally draining if anything.

What do you ladies think?

Replies

• TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    Tell him you aren't interested. Then block him and ignore all future attempts he makes to contact you. You owe him nothing.
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Sleep with him.
  • OperationSuperKAT
    OperationSuperKAT Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    Tell him to *kitten* off because you have too much respect for yourself to put up with his shenanigans.

Then block and ignore.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Block and ignore.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    Tell him to *kitten* off because you have too much respect for yourself to put up with his shenanigans.

Then block and ignore.

Yep.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Seriously, why are you even considering being this guys friend?

You dont like him!

He is an idiot!

Go find someone that deserves a piece of your life! :flowerforyou:
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Sleep with him.

:laugh: Great solution! :noway:
  • gym_king_carlie
    gym_king_carlie Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I think it shows a mans character how he speaks of others, this fella trashed talked the other girls because he had his attention on you, I personally think that shows lack of class, I would stay clear of this man.
  • Cella30
    Cella30 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Listen to your intuition. If something doesn't feel right, GTFO. Now. Don't sugarcoat it with him, he needs to hear it straight up - "this is where we part ways, I'm not interested in dating you and at this point friends will not work for me either." It's hard, but trying not to hurt feelings often doesn't convey the message. Good luck!:flowerforyou:
  • jesusHchris
    Options
    Sleep with him.

:laugh: Great solution! :noway:

Hey, somebody's gotta help a brother out!
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Block him and ignore. If you see him in person run.
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what the dilemma is here? Stop talking to him, done.
  • EBFNP
    Options
    So I made up my mind earlier this morning. I told him I can't live life in past, and it would hinder my growth by associating with someone who was disrespectful towards women in the past ( which he denies then said his ex was abusive and used him.) I remember very clearly what he said. In addition, I sense he is very insecure, and I don't want to be in savior mode with any man anymore. They can figure it out with another women. That's not my job!

Hence, I am done with all the emotionally unstable and unstable men from the past year and ready to meet someone positive. Thanks for all the feedback everyone. I am learning to trust my intuition more often with men rather than be more conscious about not hurting their feelings or meeting their needs. I will put myself first from now on because I have to live within myself, not them!
  • jesusHchris
    Options
    I told him I can't live life in past, and it would hinder my growth by associating with someone who was disrespectful towards women in the past

Wait, what?

Seriously, though... next time just take a breath. Sleep on it. Stop analyzing and learn how to block numbers on your phone.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    Seconded for sleeping with him.

Mostly because this is a situation that doesn't even require advice.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    Seconded for sleeping with him.

Mostly because this is a situation that doesn't even require advice.

Why you so smart
  • EBFNP
    Options
    I told him I can't live life in past, and it would hinder my growth by associating with someone who was disrespectful towards women in the past

Wait, what?

Seriously, though... next time just take a breath. Sleep on it. Stop analyzing and learn how to block numbers on your phone.

He contacted me through facebook.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options

Wait, what?

that changes everything. Since its not possible to block people on Facebook, and against the terms to ignore someone you're hands are tied. Now you must sleep with him.
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    So I made up my mind earlier this morning. I told him I can't live life in past, and it would hinder my growth by associating with someone who was disrespectful towards women in the past ( which he denies then said his ex was abusive and used him.) I remember very clearly what he said. In addition, I sense he is very insecure, and I don't want to be in savior mode with any man anymore. They can figure it out with another women. That's not my job!

Hence, I am done with all the emotionally unstable and unstable men from the past year and ready to meet someone positive. Thanks for all the feedback everyone. I am learning to trust my intuition more often with men rather than be more conscious about not hurting their feelings or meeting their needs. I will put myself first from now on because I have to live within myself, not them!

WOW, this is awfully deep for someone you went out with once, I'm not sure why he warranted so much thoughts and effort? Again, just ignore and move on.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options

Wait, what?

that changes everything. Since its not possible to block people on Facebook, and against the terms to ignore someone you're hands are tied. Now you must sleep with him.

It's the only solution. Sleep with him and be really bad in bed so he doesn't want any more of it.