I did it!

Options
grubb1019
grubb1019 Posts: 371 Member
I ran my first 5K race today. It was a color run and was so much fun! My goal was to beat my personal best (48 minutes) and to not come in last. I finished in 47.06 min. and was not even close to last! I was a little disappointed because I did end up walking about 1/3 of the way, there were more hills than I am used to and there was one right at the beginning that really threw me off pace. Can't wait until the next one!

Replies

• romyhorse
    romyhorse Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Don't be disappointed, you made both your targets! Congratulations and good luck with the next one.
  • leachjg
    leachjg Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Way to go! So proud of you! I want to join you next time.
  • bttrthanevr
    bttrthanevr Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Cool!!! Congratulations! Don't have any regrets! You did awesome!!! Now you have a new PR! :-)
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    Yay! You did great!
    Don't be disappointed. You achieved your personal goals and that is priceless. You'll be ready for those hills the next time.
    Congratulations on a great run!
  • jessiekanga
    jessiekanga Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you, that's really terrific!
  • leachjg
    leachjg Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I think you are much stronger than you believe you are. I think you need to start training your mind to say I can, I will instead of I'm not sure. You had a drawback of that big hill and although it threw your pace off....it stayed the same which to me says you compensated and moved forward and that alone is awesome! One thing I've learned over the past 19mos is that if I fail to meet my goal for myself it's ok! Make a new goal or keep striving for the same one and you know what some day you will make that goal and then set another. I truly am very proud of you and you are setting a great example for your kids. I want YOU to think that you are awesome, because you are!
  • kellzi89
    kellzi89 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I did my first 5k on the weekend as well and my time is almost exactly the same as yours :) I was the same I normally run in the morning when its cool the 30 degrees threw me off
  • toni_mmh
    toni_mmh Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    YEAH! Goals met!
    Now set new ones and get started!

Congrats!!!!