Awkward possible TMI question

Options
jemethyst
jemethyst Posts: 107 Member
Was wondering if anyone else had this issue, and if so what was done to help resolve it.

I've noticed, after starting to walk, that I'm getting sore and not muscle wise. You know the fatty part of the upper thighs..right below the butt cheeks and on the inside.... ( I think of it as the upper thigh equivalent to the fat that hangs down and waves from the arm and normally there is one section at the top that sticks out just a bit more). Anyhow, I hope you can gather where it's at. I'm getting sore there, even to the point to where my undergarment feels uncomfortable because the outer edge of them press against that area somehow. It's not a rawness type sore...it's more an inner soreness right below the surface. It's making me not want to walk because I'm afraid it'll get worse; and just sitting or laying I'm uncomfortable there.

I'm really Hoping someone out there understands this.

Replies

• SucculentGoddess
    SucculentGoddess Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I havent felt this pain but I suffer alot from odema from a kidney disease. My right leg circumference changes by up to 20cm per day ... that is 8 inches if you are in a non metric country. It causes a lot of unusual leg pains.
    I bought some compression leggings, the kind the footballers wear to support their muscles and aid in recovery.
    these have really lessened my weird leg aches
    I have the full leg ones but you could maybe try the short ones and they would support that area of your body alot.
    anyway unsure if this helps or even if you have tried them
    I bought mine from a US shop - http://www.aerotechdesigns.com/
    Good luck with your body behaving
    Carol
  • tracy_getsfit
    tracy_getsfit Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I would try putting some A&D ointment there before you walk...sounds silly I know. But it should help.
  • jemethyst
    Options
    Thanks! I think I found the problem, hopefully. Sweat bumps that haven't really fully formed so I couldn't feel the bumps wi a quick feel when I checked for rash
  • kjf1982
    kjf1982 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    My belly that hangs starts to hurt when I am upright for an extended period of time. Like the weight of it is stretching my skin more. It hurts like no other. I have found that wearing slimming undergarments helps to supports the weight and I don't feel any pain.

I know it's not what you are feeling, but I thought maybe it would be similar?
  • jemethyst
    Options
    I think in part its my fatty parts getting extra friction, and sweat. Im thinking of looking for some spandex type shorts to see if that helps any... even if I have to wear them under something else. I don't seem to have an issue on my inner thighs between the legs getting rashes or soreness unless Ive walked alot while wearing very lose clothing, its just that darn extra fatty area of my upper most and vrery slightly inner thigh below the but cheek middle. LOL, I wish I could draw it to show what Im talking about.

I know what you mean about the hanging fat ( I call it my fat apron) causing pain after awhile. Mine shows itself in my lower back after standing for long periods of time and for some reason on long grocery trips. I think its from me trying to 'hold myself up" where the fat apron is puling me down.
  • Bertie02
    Bertie02 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I would try putting some A&D ointment there before you walk...sounds silly I know. But it should help.

I second using A&D or a Vaseline something to help the skin slide vs catching.
  • ChristinaPerrine
    Options
    Been there dealt with that... I agree with the Ointment of some sort. I started using lotion and then tights so that the skin doesn't rub skin while walking.
  • Elaicea73
    Elaicea73 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    The spandex shorts or leggings are definitely worth looking into. They lessen all the swooshing that goes on when you're walking. Just make sure you either get leggings, or you get shorts that are not too short and have a well made hem around the legs.... There's nothing more annoying than spandex shorts rolling up your thighs while you're trying to walk :grumble:

Oh, you could also try an icy hot style ointment on the areas too? Since you said it is less like a rash and more like a soreness.

Good luck to you!
    Danielle
  • EweCreekCottage
    EweCreekCottage Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Yes get unpadded bicycling shorts and some kind of anti chaff cream we use chamois butter here is a link to a page with many different brands just don't use dznuts it burns from the tea tree oil anyways hope this helps http://www.performancebike.com/bikes/SubCategory_10052_10551_400113_-1_400004_400035

The unpadded bike shorts generally have the best leg elastic
  • TheRainIsGone
    Options
    I recommend trying boxer-type panties, they can be found at one of the plus size sites, I think I got mine at Woman Within or Roamans. I tried them out of desperation due to similar problems and was pleasantly surprised. They do have a "flat" area in the crotch to support time-of-the-month pads.

I also had something called a pambras bra liner, that I began using under the tummy to absorb perspiration. Now they're selling them as tummy liners. They are superior to other brands, because the outside doesn't pill. They're also very helpful if you get a cyst or infection in the area, to help keep it dry.
    I wear a lot of powder to help with the skin not sticking to itself.

And now that I've shared all that TMI I will probably never post my real picture. LOL
    I hope it helps someone.
  • jemethyst
    Options
    I recommend trying boxer-type panties, they can be found at one of the plus size sites, I think I got mine at Woman Within or Roamans. I tried them out of desperation due to similar problems and was pleasantly surprised. They do have a "flat" area in the crotch to support time-of-the-month pads.

I also had something called a pambras bra liner, that I began using under the tummy to absorb perspiration. Now they're selling them as tummy liners. They are superior to other brands, because the outside doesn't pill. They're also very helpful if you get a cyst or infection in the area, to help keep it dry.
    I wear a lot of powder to help with the skin not sticking to itself.

And now that I've shared all that TMI I will probably never post my real picture. LOL
    I hope it helps someone.

Lol, not tmi, and thanks! I do like the boxer type panties, but limited on brands due to how the top fits. They do seem to help some as there is no heavy band rubbing, but I notice those tend to creep some... (Maybe I still haven't found the right brand) I've never seen tummy liners, ill keep a look out and see if they would fit my needs.
  • TheRainIsGone
    Options
    I googled to see if the liners would come up in a search for you, and found this video on youtube that shows them!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4JbS648xnk

(I think URLs work here?)