Dizziness?

Options
wknmom
wknmom Posts: 73 Member
Hi, I am wondering if there is anyone else on the Ideal Protein Diet that finds they are 'dizzy' when they first wake in the morning.... I am almost daily fighting a dizziness when I first wake up that lasts a good 3 to 4 minutes after I am up and out of bed. Is this normal? Thanks. (I've been doing this for 4 weeks now but the dizziness has only been for about the last 10 days)

Replies

• cushygal
    cushygal Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I am only on day 6 and I haven't experienced any issue with that so far.

Hope it goes away for you soon and it may be something to mention to your coach the next time you see them.
  • sdkyne
    sdkyne Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Are you taking the potassium supplements? I would take a little salt water, that would clear my dizziness up.
  • Rumbagirl9
    Rumbagirl9 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I had some issues with dizziness. My coach suggested I double up on the potassium which helped a bit. But it turned out that the big issue was not enough sodium. I take my salt regularly now, even though I don't care for it. Helps a lot. I've lost a lot of weight on the program so far!
  • wknmom
    Options
    I am taking potassium, but maybe I should try increasing it to see what happens. I think I am getting salt, but I will pay closer attention. I haven't been measuring the salt. I have sea salt in a grinder, and I just use it to season my meat and veggies. I don't know the actual measurement of what I am getting.
  • wknmom
    Options
    Are you taking the potassium supplements? I would take a little salt water, that would clear my dizziness up.

Does it matter what time of day I take the potassium?
  • SusanRN2b
    SusanRN2b Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hi wknmom,

It's not likely the potassium actually, you may be a little dehydrated. Make sure you get that salt in. Someone suggested adding some salt to your water, that will definitely help. It will help you hold on to water.

If you're not big into all the salt, you can sneak it into some unexpected places. Adding a dash to your chocolate pudding or drinks and it really tastes kind of good!
  • lisamy1088
    lisamy1088 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You should also check your blood pressure as it might be too low.
  • Rumbagirl9
    Rumbagirl9 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Good idea to measure the salt. It's a lot more than I would choose to have! I like the tip on adding it to pudding. Salted caramel might be awesome!
  • krazyredheadID
    Options
    I am on week 9 of the program and suffer dizziness a few days a week. I am taking double the potassium and drink salt water (see salt IP salt is GROSS by itself). I also stopped drinking 100 oz of water a day and stop at 64. As long as I do this, the dizziness stays under control. I also drink electrolyte drinks (great value liquid) to help keep those up too. It really helps me