And, another..."Success doesn't come to you...You go to it"
  • michellenichole83
    michellenichole83 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    7.jpg
  • NyxNine
    NyxNine Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Learn to treasure your life because unfortunately, it can be taken away from you anytime. -Lawliet
  • michellenichole83
    Options
    This rang true for me today. NO MORE EXCUSES!!!

9.jpg
  • RebeKon
    Options
    Here's one that always comes to mind when trying to make lifestyle changes:

If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten.
  • Hanfordrose
    Hanfordrose Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    My inspirations are closer to home than Chris Powell, though I love to watch his show.

The first 2 are very much with me every day. The first is my WHEELCHAIR which keeps me from enjoying life fully. The second is my LOVING AND SUPPORTIVE HUBBIE ED, who loves me at any weight but knows that I will be happier out of that 'chair'.

This photo from February does not show how much Ed and I have both lost since then. He has lost about 40 pounds by joining me is a healthier life style. Ed blood pressure was terrible last year, and he was borderline diabetic. Then, he decided to join me on this weight loss journey which will help both of us to live longer and healthier lives.

02-06-13EdandSue_zpsd0f68475.jpg

The third inspriation is my SURGEON (Dr. Handsome Jack) who offered me 2 new knees, if I lost 70 pounds. He also told me that those knee surgeries will last me for the rest of my life, if I keep my weight off. In July, my surgeon put me on the preop list for my first surgery.

07-17-13DrHandsomeJack02_zps124586d8.jpg

The last and perhaps the best inspiration of all is SEEING THE CHANGE in myself as the weight comes off...seeing a healthier, more attractive woman in the mirror and in photos like this.

Comparison10-12to04-13_zps58f01871.jpg

I now weigh 202 pounds...only 2 pounds away from Onederland. I have not weighed 'ONE HUNDRED and anything' in more than 30 years. Each pound lost is like a gift to be treasured. So, even my scale is an inspiration. :happy:
  • michellenichole83
    Options
    My inspirations are closer to home than Chris Powell, though I love to watch his show.

The first 2 are very much with me every day. The first is my WHEELCHAIR which keeps me from enjoying life fully. The second is my LOVING AND SUPPORTIVE HUBBIE ED, who loves me at any weight but knows that I will be happier out of that 'chair'.

This photo from February does not show how much Ed and I have both lost since then. He has lost about 40 pounds by joining me is a healthier life style. Ed blood pressure was terrible last year, and he was borderline diabetic. Then, he decided to join me on this weight loss journey which will help both of us to live longer and healthier lives.

02-06-13EdandSue_zpsd0f68475.jpg

The third inspriation is my SURGEON (Dr. Handsome Jack) who offered me 2 new knees, if I lost 70 pounds. He also told me that those knee surgeries will last me for the rest of my life, if I keep my weight off. In July, my surgeon put me on the preop list for my first surgery.

07-17-13DrHandsomeJack02_zps124586d8.jpg

The last and perhaps the best inspiration of all is SEEING THE CHANGE in myself as the weight comes off...seeing a healthier, more attractive woman in the mirror and in photos like this.

Comparison10-12to04-13_zps58f01871.jpg

I now weigh 202 pounds...only 2 pounds away from Onederland. I have not weighed 'ONE HUNDRED and anything' in more than 30 years. Each pound lost is like a gift to be treasured. So, even my scale is an inspiration. :happy:

You. Look. Amazing!!! I am so happy for your future! Having a wonderful support system is the BEST thing you can do for a lifestyle change! Your determination is fierce, and your happiness just shines through your smile!! Best of luck with your surgery!!