September 2013 Fitness Challenge

Options
melkadee
melkadee Posts: 5,598 Member
Thanks to MinMin97 for devising the September Group Challenge! :flowerforyou:

Here’s the challenge:
Lose 2 lbs or 2% body fat in the month of September!

You can alter the challenge to fit your individual fitness needs.
Post your goal(s). Come back to the thread often to report your successes and/or challenges.

Let’s support each other. :smile:

The challenge begins September 1 and concludes September 30.

Are you in? :bigsmile:

Replies

• lpina2mi
    lpina2mi Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I am in, and readjusting my expectations.

My summer challenge, which I called "Find My Waist" was to lose 14 lbs over 90 days and 2 inches on my waist. I did not make the mark. Here is what I did accomplish: lost ~5lbs and 1.25 inches.

So I will make Nov 1st goal, of which I will fold in this September challenge, and I will call it "Wear the Dress." I have a knit wrap dress that ties at the waist. I have never worn it without a jacket (to conceal mid-drift rolls). My rolls have shrunk, but they need to shrink more for a near smooth fit I can feel comfortable in without a jacket. To do this I think will take 9 lbs and another 1.5 inches off my waist.
  • daisygeep
    Options
    Hmmm...I threw my scale out. I refuse to step on one unless I am at the docs office! But maybe I could do a waist measurement and try to loose an inch in Sept. Does that sound realistic?
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    I'm in! If I add muscle I may gain - although I've said that for months. I'll go by the tape measurer and use the body fat machine at work.

I'm starting T25 on the 9th. :) (anyone want to join me?)

Nancy
  • booglass
    booglass Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am in! I leave on two week trip on the 17th so my goal is to drop those pounds in the first two weeks and keep it off during my trip.

Before the trip I am doing Insanity and during whatever I can make happen.
  • booglass
    booglass Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You got this! Congrats on the inches and pounds lost.
  • allergictodiets
    allergictodiets Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I'm in - not sure about the weight loss ( I'm hypothyroid and just had my meds adjusted so I'm not optimistic about it ) but I will continue my clean eating-exercising-relaxing plan and see what happens.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    In!
    I'm pondering the best approach (for me).
    I'm starting a lifting program, so as to maintain my muscle and build some strength.
    Considering buying a food scale to be more accurate with my diet.
    Hoping to continue getting in several exercise sessions throughout the day, which may be a challenge now that harvest will be starting around my house in September (harder to take the usual route with all the harvesting equipment out there).

****NOTE THAT YOU CAN CHECK YOUR BODYFAT ONLINE using
    http://www.bmi-calculator.net/body-fat-calculator/ OR http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/ OR some other online calculator of your choice!:happy:
  • MinMin97
    Options
    Hmmm...I threw my scale out. I refuse to step on one unless I am at the docs office! But maybe I could do a waist measurement and try to loose an inch in Sept. Does that sound realistic?
    Sure does!:bigsmile:
    You can track your BF% at the same time, too!
  • mycrazy8splus1
    mycrazy8splus1 Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Maybe I will lose the 2 and KEEP it lost! So sick of losing he same 2 pounds for the last month!!!
  • TheMMan
    TheMMan Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Since I have a quality engineering background and am trained in Six Sigma, I'll be weighing daily and making a control chart. This accounts for "normal" variation in the measurement system which in this case is my body and the scale. The goal is to be out of the control limits at both the beginning and end of the months. SW, 171. I've been losing 3-4 lbs/month. Here we go!
  • lkenn67
    lkenn67 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I have been struggling, so I want to include a concrete goal too. So I want to commit to getting 20 min of exercise 5 days a week.

Lelah
  • melkadee
    melkadee Posts: 5,598 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose 2 lbs. I weighed in today. I have to focus on control my diet and making time for working out.
  • Brie4me
    Brie4me Posts: 238
    Options
    I would love to lose another 2% BF this month!!

SW: 132.6
    BF% 26.57
  • marcon125
    marcon125 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I'm in! My goal is either the 2% BF or 1" at the waist. My stats as of September 2 are:

5'6"
    134.9 lbs
    28.9 % BF
    30" waist
  • CTCMom2009
    CTCMom2009 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I'm in... now that I've been cleared for activity by my orthopaedist, I can finally get something done hopefully!

Starting at 163.4 as of this morning... 2 lbs is my goal, though I'd love to shoot for 4 lbs. I'm also shooting for 10,000 steps per day on my FitBit and at least 30 mins exercise each day. I got my 30 in this morning at physical therapy, but I'll go do cardio later also!

Good luck everyone! WE GOT THIS!!
  • Susan0279
    Susan0279 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I am in for the 2 pound challenge, started out September at 189.4....Here we go!
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I'm also in for the challenge. I weighed in at 175 for two mornings in a row now so I guess that I can accept that as my starting weight. Good luck everyone!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • MinMin97
    Options
    Rough start today, I tweeked my neck, but went to the chiro and have been icing, hope to be back at it tomorrow!
  • MinMin97
    Options
    I'm going to check-in with bodyfat calculations and weight on Saturday. Let's get this ball rolling!
    Game plan for me, keep up with HIIT training and a weight training program. Keep logging those calories, and keep them under 2000, preferable 1700-1800.
    How about you?
  • Brie4me
    Brie4me Posts: 238
    Options
    My plan is to take advantage of the cooling temps and be active outdoors. I played tennis the past two days. Such a fun workout!