What time of day do you run?

Options
plateaued
plateaued Posts: 199 Member
I like early morning when the sky is just turning gray before sunrise. Of course a couple of glasses of wine the night before makes it harder. Later in the day I am less motivated, searching for excuses, or tired.

When do you like to do your training runs?

Replies

• TheBrolympus
    TheBrolympus Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Right now I am forced to run early morning between 4-5am because it just gets to hot in the afternoon and evening. In the Fall and Winter, I like to run in the afternoon and evenings. I feel looser and have a lot more energy.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Work days I run after work. Off days I sleep in till 6 and then go do the run. If I tried to do my runs before work on work days I would be running at like 3 AM...yeah, not gonna happen lol
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Any time between the hours of 4am-11pm ;)
  • TriLifter
    TriLifter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Weekday runs: 3:30 a.m.; weekend runs: 7 a.m.

I have to limit my wine consumption to Friday and Saturday nights or I'll never get up for my early runs!
  • DavidMartinez2
    DavidMartinez2 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    As early as I can get out of bed.
  • lcvaughn520
    lcvaughn520 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Weekday runs: 3:30 a.m.; weekend runs: 7 a.m.

I have to limit my wine consumption to Friday and Saturday nights or I'll never get up for my early runs!

Wow - I think 3:30 am officially qualfies as "the middle of the night" for me! I am impressed.

I try to get up and run/work out before work, which for me, is usually around 5:30 or 6. I always seem to be able to find an excuse to skip if I put it off until later in the day.
  • ZenInTexas
    ZenInTexas Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I'm out at 5:15 on a weekday. A little later on the weekend, unless I want to do a long run, then I still get up at 5.
  • suannemarie
    Options
    Winter: Either 11:30-1:30 (lunch) or in the dark between 6-8 on weekdays.
    All others: between 6 and 10pm.

Saturday long runs during the summer my butt is up somewhere around 5am so I can be done before it's blisteringly hot.
  • glin23
    glin23 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    First thing in the morning. Usually I'm out the door by 5 am.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Definitely a morning runner. I have my trusty Petzl headlamp to light up the path and there are very few bikes whizzing by at 5AM.
  • scott091501
    scott091501 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Before daybreak usually.
  • RunnerInVT
    RunnerInVT Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I have to check to see if my neighbor's car is in their driveway...if it is, the dog is out and will chase me. If it isn't, I am ok to run. So I now go by their schedule, or run Treadmill. :(
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I have to check to see if my neighbor's car is in their driveway...if it is, the dog is out and will chase me. If it isn't, I am ok to run. So I now go by their schedule, or run Treadmill. :(

You're nicer than me. If I had a neighbourhood dog chasing me I'd have the bylaw folks on them so fast their heads would spin......
  • 55in13
    55in13 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Agree with Brian about dog troubles; if you don't live in a neighborhood, then the city or county will handle it. People cannot allow their dogs to terrorize a public right of way.

I run early and late, but more often late. That's not a preference. It just ends up being convenient more often than early.
  • WebbyShoo
    Options
    I'm a morning person and prefer to run in the morning, but I don't mind running in the afternoon if the sun isn't being evil... I can't stand running on a full stomach though... feels blech.
  • moni_tb_192
    moni_tb_192 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Anytime between 4pm-12am :)
  • lcvaughn520
    lcvaughn520 Posts: 219 Member
    Options

You're nicer than me. If I had a neighbourhood dog chasing me I'd have the bylaw folks on them so fast their heads would spin......

Ditto! That would make me SO angry. I have a dog and love dogs, but HATE irresponsible dog owners!!
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    I LOVE running late at night, but never do because I often run through very unsavoury neighbourhoods and industrial estates.

There's something so awesome about being out there in the small hours of night...but not recommended in the UK, it's just far, far too dangerous.
  • prdavies1949
    prdavies1949 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    At the moment, here in SW France I run just after the sun comes up, to avoid the heat. Temp up in the 90s. When I go back to the UK, it will be later in the AM.
  • WhataBroad
    WhataBroad Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I usually get up around 5/5:30 and get my run in before work during the week. I am going to transition to after work as fall draws closer. My long run is on the week end and I will get it in before 10 am.