Introductions

Options
2»

Replies

• RevCO30
    RevCO30 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Hi, thanks for forming this group. Just what I needed! This will be my third cycle of 30DS and after nearly 2 months of slacking I need to get back on the wagon, so to speak. I am getting married in about 9 months and need to get serious about slimming down, toning up and looking and feeling good. I am currently at 215lbs, not sure what my measurements are at the moment but will take those tomorrow before I start my workout. Wishing everyone luck and success :)

Hey wuld like to ask as its ur 3rd Cycle how did u do in the previous 2 cycles & how much did u lose?

The first cycle I lost a total of 11 lbs and 9.75" overall. The second round I only lost 4lbs and about 3", but I was not eating as well as I should have during cycle 2. This time I am working very hard to eat right and cut out soda and various empty calories. Good luck!
  • KinzieElise
    KinzieElise Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    I'm Kinzie. I'm 22. I've tried doing 30DS before but I only got half way through Level 2. I've been stalled out at about 147 for months now and I'm tired of it so I've decided to try 30DS again. I know from last time that I do best at consistent exercising if I have someone holding me accountable and exercising with me. Hopefully, having this group to come to will have the same result as working out with someone IRL.
  • Varibaby
    Varibaby Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, I'm Varsha. I've just completed Day 1 of the Shred and it kicked my butt as usual! :) I've had 30DS a few years now but I've never actually done it the way you're supposed to- not in a regimented manner at all! So I'm looking forward to getting it done the right way in September with you guys! :) Good luck everybody!
  • appygirl84
    appygirl84 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    This will be my first time to hopefully complete Shred.

I am going to do 3 days shred, 1 day rest. Every other time I have done this I quit around day 7-8 due to shin splints. Jumping jacks kick my butt. I will be doing Shred in addition to the September Move Your *kitten* Challenge.

30 miles of intentional exercise and almost 30 days of shred. Here I come!
  • Sassy_Cass
    Sassy_Cass Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    hey hey hey to the new users joining the shred! I hope that day two (or one, or 6) went well for all of you!

@Rev - third times a charm in terms of getting all the pieces together, cleaner eating, more activity and really just focusing on healthy life choices. I am sure you will be able to do it and will see some excellent results!

@Zinzie - I know what you mean about stalling out - it is hard sometimes when we plateau, pushing through and changing up the routine will help.

@Varsha - together we can totally get through September, you've come to the right place :smile:

@appy - if you are getting shin splints doing the jumping jacks try to reduce the distance between your feet and ensure that you are landing softly to try and avoid those pesky splints :flowerforyou:
  • Hayaa79
    Hayaa79 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Hi, thanks for forming this group. Just what I needed! This will be my third cycle of 30DS and after nearly 2 months of slacking I need to get back on the wagon, so to speak. I am getting married in about 9 months and need to get serious about slimming down, toning up and looking and feeling good. I am currently at 215lbs, not sure what my measurements are at the moment but will take those tomorrow before I start my workout. Wishing everyone luck and success :)

Hey wuld like to ask as its ur 3rd Cycle how did u do in the previous 2 cycles & how much did u lose?

The first cycle I lost a total of 11 lbs and 9.75" overall. The second round I only lost 4lbs and about 3", but I was not eating as well as I should have during cycle 2. This time I am working very hard to eat right and cut out soda and various empty calories. Good luck!

Thanx & Goodluck :)
  • ChiJenn
    ChiJenn Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Just saw this group. I did start on 8/20 and did every other day since I have a bad knee and didn't want to over do it. Today I am on Day 8 Level 1 and doing pretty well. I was sooo sore the first 3-4 times I did it. I am going to try and do every day this month and finish it up.

Currently I think I am at:

SW: 159
    CW: 156 (weighed last week)
    Size 12

I just turned 42 yesterday. I have two girls 9 and 6 and I am a stay at home mom. Been trying to lose 10-15 pounds for a long time. Just does not want to go. I'm open to having new friends.
  • appygirl84
    appygirl84 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    @ Sassy: I did my first day today. I decided it isn't the jumping jacks that hurt but the jump rope and butt kicks! I may just rotate through all 4 every time I do the cardio. That seems to break it up enough to where I don't feel any pain!
  • trixie315
    trixie315 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Kelly and I started this on Saturday so I'm on day 3 after taking yesterday off. I have never done it before but so far so good. I am 30 and married with no kids, YET! That was the point of losing weight, so I could have a heathly pregnancy. I'd like to lose about 7-8 more lbs and hoping this will give me a boost. I am also running a few days a week to prepare for the 5k in two weeks.
    Here are my stats:
    Weight: 144
    Height: 5' 1"

I'll take measurements tonight and try posting a pic of me in my goal dress - it's a little lumpy right now but hope to lose some inches so it fits better.
  • Sassy_Cass
    Sassy_Cass Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Just saw this group. I did start on 8/20 and did every other day since I have a bad knee and didn't want to over do it. Today I am on Day 8 Level 1 and doing pretty well. I was sooo sore the first 3-4 times I did it. I am going to try and do every day this month and finish it up.

Currently I think I am at:

SW: 159
    CW: 156 (weighed last week)
    Size 12

I just turned 42 yesterday. I have two girls 9 and 6 and I am a stay at home mom. Been trying to lose 10-15 pounds for a long time. Just does not want to go. I'm open to having new friends.

Happy BIRTHDAY!!!!

10-15 lbs are the hardest to lose they say! I know you can do it and this is a great place to come! - about 20 more days and I am confident you will be a lot closer to your goal! Keep up the great work!!!

@appy - glad that you have found something that works for you - it is a great idea to combine the cardio each time, 30 seconds of each exercise will definitely help to reduce the strain on your knees. If the butt kicks are giving you a hard time, try focusing on whether you may be turning out your knees, if you are than it might be adding stress...

@Kelly - welcome to the group! I am so glad that you are checking in and committing to making this a priority this month! Happy Day 3. I am glad that it is going well for you so far, I am sure that it will continue to get better. Hopefully this along with the running are exactly what you need to get into that dress and to kill your 5k!
  • bkesecker
    bkesecker Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I am starting JM today as I have been out of town.

My name is Bobbie. I'm a Mom, wife, and teacher not to mention the other hats I wear. I am currently in the process of rehabbing my right hip after surgery on July 1. I had my left hip done in December 2012. I am now at a point that I can do more impact stuff. JM 30 will go a long way to helping me pass my hip test on September 25. My goal is to be done with PT. I will be taking my measurements later to post. I am looking forward to seeing results after my 30 sessions. I will be doing the shred Monday thru Friday, taking off weekends. After 2 weeks I will jump to level 2, etc. Anyway, I look forward to getting to know all of you and providing you with support. Good luck to everyone.
  • Hayaa79
    Options
    Hey Welcome & Gudluck Bobbie
  • trixie315
    trixie315 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Kelly and I started this on Saturday so I'm on day 3 after taking yesterday off. I have never done it before but so far so good. I am 30 and married with no kids, YET! That was the point of losing weight, so I could have a heathly pregnancy. I'd like to lose about 7-8 more lbs and hoping this will give me a boost. I am also running a few days a week to prepare for the 5k in two weeks.
    Here are my stats:
    Weight: 144
    Height: 5' 1"

I'll take measurements tonight and try posting a pic of me in my goal dress - it's a little lumpy right now but hope to lose some inches so it fits better.

I took measurements to start out. I realized I hadn't done them in a while and found I had lost 2 inches in the waist, 1.5 in the hips, 1 in the bust and .5 in the arm. I am excited to see even more results from this program!
  • vision4life
    vision4life Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Eveyone,
    I will be starting 30DS as soon as I get my DVD. (hoping for today). excited to join this group. It seems like everyone is very encouraging and supportive. Thank you in advance for your support.
    I am here to loose baby weight and more. My babies are not babies anymore and I can't get away with baby weight anymore.
    So getting serious for the first time.
    My promise to my self at the begning of the year was that next year my resoultion will not be to loose weight because I won't need to loose weight.
    few set backs including sacral stress fracture, which took 8 months to recover, I have managed to loose 32lbs and still keep on keeping on....
  • brit0813
    Options
    Hey everyone!! I know I'm starting this later than all of you, but I know I'll need some support to keep it up. I just found 30 DS on youtube today since I wanted to get back into exercising and getting healthy. I'm a mom of 3 young kids, with not much free "me time" on my hands, so this is the perfect time frame! I've gained so much weight from having kids back to back. My goal seems so far out of reach, but seeing the success pics makes me know it's in my hands! I CAN DO IT! I just have to stay this pumped about it. :)
  • Hayaa79
    Options
    Hey goodluck Brit yesss U can do this!!!