What next?

tschaff04
tschaff04 Posts: 296 Member
So I can't believe I am finally here, but this is my LAST week of C25K!! I am starting week 9 tomorrow. I feel so great and have found a real love for running. I intend to do a 5k race sometime in the fall, but I really enjoy having that program to follow. Something that tells me when to start and stop because it allows me to keep pushing until I hear that voice. I like having a set schedule. So I am looking for a new program to follow. What is next? What do you suggest after the C25K? Any good 10k programs??

Replies

• yamsteroo
    yamsteroo Posts: 480 Member
    Congratulations on reaching graduation week :bigsmile:

It seems like there are millions of 10k plans and unlike the C25K programme, they're all a bit different!

I was slightly overwhelmed by them all when I finished C25K and had a couple of false starts until I found something that worked for me since some of them needed over an hour each run which I just couldn't fit into my home/work life..

Probably the major difference between them is some work on intervals (like a beefed up C25K) and some work on constant runs so it depends on what works best for you mentally - I like the constant runs but others have massive success doing intervals.

As time is tight for me during the working week I like the Hal Higdon novice 10K plan as it's is two relatively short runs (2mile and 3mile) then once a week there is a longer run (W2 is 3.5miles, W3 4miles etc).

I'm sure there will be others with details of the plan that works for them and check out the Bridge to 10K group! :)
  • John1610
    John1610 Posts: 31 Member
    well done! there are 10k programs on the BUPA website, which also have them tailored to beginner, intermediate and advanced runners I'm sure. I'm planning on following a free one from the runkeeper app, which you can access from their website if you do not have a smartphone.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    ^^^^ Also the Runner's World SmartCoach program will help you build a tailored plan.
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    I'll put in a plug for the C210K app by Zen Labs. The first 9 weeks is the same as their C25K app. I am getting ready to start week 13 (tomorrow) of the 14 week C210K plan. I am able to run a little more than 5 miles now.
  • tschaff04
    tschaff04 Posts: 296 Member
    If I did the C210K could I just start at week 10? Sort of like skipping the first 9 weeks since I just finished them with the C25K...
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    That's exactly what I did. I started in week 10 and went from there. The first 9 weeks are the same. I'm telling everyone I know now to just get the 10K app instead of the 5K because they are the same up through week 9. I'm now getting ready to start week 13.