Diet question

Options
junoja
junoja Posts: 25 Member
Hi all - I am a new member of this group. Bought DDP Yoga last year and hung out for a while on the teamddp site. Been using myfitnesspal for a while as well. Been overcoming some health issues and getting back on track.
I am into my second week of DDPYoga everyday and alternating between Energy and Fat Burner and looking to add Red Hot Core.
My question to the group - are you following a gluten-free/ dairy free diet? I've done a lot of reading on it and am halfway in at this point. Trying to avoid gluten, but having trouble giving up dairy.
Just curious about your experiences.......

Replies

• Madhouseof5
    Madhouseof5 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Nope, I eat what I want so long as I have the calories to do so or am willing to move my butt to burn the extra, I try and net as close to 1200 as I can
  • EchoDelta1013
    EchoDelta1013 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hi all - I am a new member of this group. Bought DDP Yoga last year and hung out for a while on the teamddp site. Been using myfitnesspal for a while as well. Been overcoming some health issues and getting back on track.
    I am into my second week of DDPYoga everyday and alternating between Energy and Fat Burner and looking to add Red Hot Core.
    My question to the group - are you following a gluten-free/ dairy free diet? I've done a lot of reading on it and am halfway in at this point. Trying to avoid gluten, but having trouble giving up dairy.
    Just curious about your experiences.......

First off, welcome to DDP Yoga! I swear by it :)

Gluten, from everything I've read is bad. It can cause inflammation and mess with your digestive system. As for diabetics such as myself, it's high in carbs as well as high on the glycemic index scale meaning it can seriously spike blood sugars making you feel groggy. I began "Paleo" last August 2012 which is gluten free and mostly dairy free. I did it in order to control my diabetes. I remain on Paleo to this day. I began DDP Yoga in February of this year to help prepare for foot surgery I recently had. Red Hot Core is a good ab workout after any DDP exercise routine.

While Paleo "cave people" say absolutely no to gluten, they are mixed when it comes to dairy. With the exception of eating Arctic Zero ice cream (some dairy), I don't eat it but it's really up to you. Dairy is good for calcium. In lieu of it, I need to take calcium pills in order to help with my bones which were affected due to the surgery. If you have any questions about Paleo, please feel free to ask :)
  • RTheHutt
    RTheHutt Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I love the workout, and think it's been great while dealing with injuries of my own. I go meat-free for long periods of time out of personal preference, but would have trouble going dairy free and never even considered gluten free.

I don't follow the DDP prescribed diet either and just generally log in MFP and try to stay reasonable for overall cals and macros.
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I ignore the diet, as I have no issues with gluten/dairy. I do swear by the workouts, however.