Quick meals

Options
jess_1993
jess_1993 Posts: 151 Member
Since school has started (and work, plus my new research job) I barely have any time to plan and make my meals! I feel restricted to quick turkey burgers w/ veggies and eggs. Do you guys have any quick meal ideas that work for you?? Maybe even some meal replacements? Thanks in advance!

Replies

• msjames1999
    msjames1999 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    What works best for me is preparing my meals on the weekend. That way all I have to do during the work week in heat it up in the microwave. If you don't mind eating left overs, give it a try.
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    I am with you, and am so very tired of burgers. While I don't have anything as quick turkey burgers:

I do flatten chicken breasts, spread with chive and onion cream cheese, and then roll up jelly-roll style, wrap bacon around it and then bake for 60-70 minutes at 350-375. The prep time is only ten minutes, tops, and I do other things while it's baking.

Pan fried pork chops with wilted spinach and fried onions are another favorite and can be start-to-finish in 20-25 minutes.

When I'm really pressed for time I use "Pure Protein" meal-replacement shakes. They're a bit cheaper than the Atkins ones, and have 30 grams of protein each which helps keep me feeling fuller, longer.. I purchased an 18-pack at Costco for $24.

If I'm REALLY in a hurry around dinner time I'll get two McDouble's with no buns or ketchup for $2. It's quick, and only has 480 calories and four grams of carbs and lots of protein, but I can't recommend that as healthy in the slightest...

Pre-making, and then freezing some of the recipes from the lowcarber website can really be helpful.

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=313262
  • MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options

I do flatten chicken breasts, spread with chive and onion cream cheese, and then roll up jelly-roll style, wrap bacon around it and then bake for 60-70 minutes at 350-375. The prep time is only ten minutes, tops, and I do other things while it's baking.

This sounds amazing!
  • jess_1993
    jess_1993 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I'll have to try some of these!
  • rachelhale
    rachelhale Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Scrambled eggs and bacon is one of my faves - I do the eggs with cream, fry up the bacon - five mins tops!
  • PepperPotts83
    PepperPotts83 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I do most of my cooking on the weekends as well!
    I also like to make snack bag sizes of low carbs snacks that are readily available to grab when I am in a hurry!

I make an omelets with turkey sausage, cheese and green onions to have for breakfast, for lunch I usually have salad with tuna, turkey or ham on top and I also have an induction approved veggie on the side. Dinner is salmon with a low starch veggie!

Good luck and I hope this helps:)