Participant Updates

Options

Replies

• margieparkins
    margieparkins Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I did get this off another group and thought we could use it.:wink::wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
  • GormanGhaste
    GormanGhaste Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Better late than never, right? This is my third month on this challenge. I eat a plant-based diet and get most of my exercise from walking. My goal this month is to increase my walking to 100+ miles total for September, mostly by taking some longer walks once a week or so. I'd also like to be more consistent with body-weight exercises and eating more vegetables. I welcome friend requests from other participants, just please mention that you're a challenge member in the request.

Unusual? I think it would be imprudent to discuss my super-powers on a public forum.
  • BlessedMystique
    BlessedMystique Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am 25, married, with a sweet energetic 13-month old son. I am a grad student, working on my PhD, and I work full time too...can you say busy?! I've lost close to 40lbs over the past couple of years, but I need to lose about 40 more to get to a healthy weight. I'm excited for this month, and so glad I found this group!!
  • margieparkins
    Options
    well now I seem to be the only one in this mini challenge, please try to give it a go
  • lisamac62
    lisamac62 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    well now I seem to be the only one in this mini challenge, please try to give it a go

oops sorry Margie I didn't see these mini challnges until today. Going to try :happy: where do we post our resilts for this?
  • Pedza
    Pedza Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi Margie,

I'm joining you on the mini challenge. Got through Day 1 yesterday. Thank you for posting it!
  • margieparkins
    Options
    on here participant updates lisa :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • margieparkins
    Options
    Hi Margie,

I'm joining you on the mini challenge. Got through Day 1 yesterday. Thank you for posting it!

That's great , I was so sore all over and was glad of the rest day. I am a couple of days ahead and do knee pushups instead of full body:smile::flowerforyou:
  • Pedza
    Options
    Hi Margie,

That's great , I was so sore all over and was glad of the rest day. I am a couple of days ahead and do knee pushups instead of full body:smile::flowerforyou:

Hi Margie,

I was about to enter **exactly** what you just said. I had to look up how to do a modified push-up in order to get through Day 2. Even the modified push-ups were hard today. And my cat didn't make it any easier by installing himself right between my hands. But, I'm so glad I got through Day 2! Looking forward to Day 3.
  • armywf07
    armywf07 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Sorry it's been hectic with me having to turn everything off (around the 13th) and gearing to pack up and move back to virginia, I will try to keep posting as much as can....kinda hard with no internet! But so far since doing these challenges I have lost weight, not to my liking, but I have kept it off much to my liking!

I am happy to say I went from 179.4 to 178.2 :) My pants aren't fitting quite right and I love it...not quite into the 16's yet but 18's are a bit too big. So I am no longer in the obese side of the BMI now I need to work on getting out of the overweight part of the BMI.

Slow but steady wins the race!
  • margieparkins
    Options
    Well done ladies, we can only try our best, I noticed with my day off from this mini challenge that I felt the burn on and off all day in different parts of my body,, that has to be a good thing. :wink:
  • Pedza
    Options
    Hi Margie,

I'm going to have to take two days of recovery (day 3 and 6) and finish a day late. It's reminding me of muscles I forgot I had! See you all tomorrow.
  • Pedza
    Options
    Got through Day 3.
  • amy_kee
    amy_kee Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    The highly structured mini challenge reminds me too much of my ideas of being in the military. I need more creativity in exercise. Plus, some of us have injuries and can't just go down a list and do a bunch of these exercises like this. I have many injuries and have to be more careful of what I do, This mini challenge of exercises sounds like it is more geared toward a young, healthy crowd.

I do what I can, with other various kinds of exercise. I do swimming, aqua aerobics, Pilates, low impact aerobics, yoga, the elliptical machine, many Zumba classes, and more.
    Amy
  • margieparkins
    Options
    The highly structured mini challenge reminds me too much of my ideas of being in the military. I need more creativity in exercise. Plus, some of us have injuries and can't just go down a list and do a bunch of these exercises like this. I have many injuries and have to be more careful of what I do, This mini challenge of exercises sounds like it is more geared toward a young, healthy crowd.

I do what I can, with other various kinds of exercise. I do swimming, aqua aerobics, Pilates, low impact aerobics, yoga, the elliptical machine, many Zumba classes, and more.
    Amy

I certainly understand people have all sorts of ailments, these mini challenges are not a have to do, so please do not feel that you have to do them, ,,,,,
    Age, well I am 58 and don't find my age has anything to do with excercise, it is what you are capable of, sure it is challenging, but I am up for a challenge,,, these mini challenges are to keep our group interesting and to keep members moving, so,,,,, move it move it move it!:smile:
  • Gus130
    Gus130 Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    I am kind of proud of myself today. It was my granddaughter's birthday and, because I did not know what would be served, I wrote an essay and planned on using the optional day off. However, even with birthday cupcakes and bratwurst on the menu, I don't need the day off. I was on today.
  • margieparkins
    Options
    I am kind of proud of myself today. It was my granddaughter's birthday and, because I did not know what would be served, I wrote an essay and planned on using the optional day off. However, even with birthday cupcakes and bratwurst on the menu, I don't need the day off. I was on today.
    [/quote

well done, it is amazing how quickly we can learn portion control.]
  • margieparkins
    Options
    Continuing for anyone that would like to do this with me, I can feel the difference, I am getting stronger, still not easy, lol

Week 02.

Day 08 - 08 Sep 2013

REST DAY! :)

Day 09 - 09 Sep 2013

Lunges - 86 (43 EA Leg)
    Push Ups - 65
    Crunches - 55
    Planks - 55 seconds

Day 10 - 10 Sep 2013

Lunges - 94 (47 EA Leg)
    Push Ups - 70
    Crunches - 60
    Planks - 60 seconds

Day 11 - 11 Sep 2013

Lunges - 100 (50 EA Leg)
    Push Ups - 75
    Crunches - 65
    Planks - 65 seconds

Day 12 - 12 Sep 2013

REST DAY! :)

Day 13 - 13 Sep 2013

Lunges - 106 (53 EA Leg)
    Push Ups - 80
    Crunches - 65
    Planks - 65 seconds

Day 14 - 14 Sep 2013

Lunges - 112 (56 EA Leg)
    Push Ups - 85
    Crunches - 70
    Planks - 70 seconds
  • armywf07
    armywf07 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Sorry it's taking me so long to get in here but with moving and trying to purge stuff we don't need I've been forgetting to log in. It's been so crazy and they are packing us on the 12th and shipping on the 13th and then I won't have internet or phone so
  • amy_kee
    amy_kee Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    That was great Gus! You did really well that special day. Now you have a day in case you need it later on too. I'm proud of you too Gus!