Stage 5 results with pics

Options
Hi there! On Saturday I woke up, weighed, cursed, took measurements, moved on. Today I took pictures and did the first workout of Stage 6. It's also exactly 73 days till my wedding (the impetus of this exercise thing that is very much on my mind these days).

The tl;dr of this – since starting this program I’ve lost 2.2 pounds (same end weight as last stage, though at one point this month I was down and additional 2.4 pounds….don't wanna talk about it!) and 14.5 inches. Again, scroll for pics.

Stage 5 went pretty quickly. I worked on increasing weights throughout, increasing my planks and cutting time on the body weight matrix. I feel good about all of those things. Life has been pretty steady and we were able to get through the stage in exactly 3 weeks. Perhaps that's why the scale (and measurements to some degree) hasn't settled quite yet - this was the fastest we've gotten through a stage since we started!

I have to admit - I'm a little nervous about Stage 6. For one, chin ups? I tried to do one today and it shocked me how much pain I felt in my chest, specifically under my armpits. And two, I'm afraid that weight loss or inches progress will stall. I'm all about getting stronger, but the previously mentioned goal (WEDDING IN 73 DAYS!!!) is what is driving me. I'm freaking out because I have my dress fitting at the end of the month and want to be as close to the size I will be on wedding day at that time. However, If I go through this stage and don't lose a pound or an inch, I wonder if I will look back and be disappointed that I didn't just move on to Stage 7. Thoughts, anyone?

Stats (since beginning):
Weight: 159 → 156.8
Triceps: 13 → 12.25 (no change this round)
Chest: 38.75 → 36 (no change this round)
Ribcage: 33.75 → 31.5
Waist: 32.25 → 29.5 (no change this round)
Abdomen (navel): 36.5 → 33.5 (no change this round)
Hips: 40 → 38
Thigh: 24.25 → 23.5

Strength Gains/Finishing Weight (only those worth mentioning):
One-armed dumbbell snatch: 32.5
Barbell bent-over row: 85
Dumbbell single-arm overhead squat (aka the Panty Dropper): 15/30
Bench press: 32.5 each hand
Wide-grip lat pulldown: 160

Picture time!
Front before
ab56dba6-7689-4baa-8d6c-c620660f0c5d_zps9937a116.jpg

Front now
831fd8af-2666-4fbd-9bd8-484e877c9e43_zps5dee1a43.jpg

Side before
a3f73b6c-57f2-4da2-ad76-8dd9d8a400e3_zps4b7ef6a5.jpg

Side now
lizsidesept_zpsbde17a93.jpg

Back Before
825774a7-412e-4fbe-b8ad-b38cf87e7046_zpse2c2a425.jpg

Back now
lizbacksept_zpsb68a9c05.jpg

Replies

• VBnotbitter
    VBnotbitter Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Wow! Are you planning a beach wedding, wearing a white bikini - because you should! You look fabulous.

I'm a couple stages behind you so I cant give you any advice, except surely all those chin ups and push ups in stage 6 would have some impact on inches etc

edited to say you have no cellulite left you lucky girl
  • tartsul
    tartsul Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    you look fantastic!!!!! great job! i commend you for sticking with it and pushing through. i hope that you keep it up even after your wedding!
  • VickiG36
    VickiG36 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    You look great and you can see a difference in your body. When I get to that point, I'm skipping over Stage 6.
  • tessa175
    tessa175 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! and you numbers for the wide grip lat pull down are seriously impressive; WTG!
  • J3nnyV
    J3nnyV Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    That is an amazing and insane difference with only a 2.2 lbs scale difference! WOW! I hope you feel as fantastic as you look!! :)
  • Crazy4Healthy
    Crazy4Healthy Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    You should be very proud, that is an incredible difference for only 2+ lbs. Stop worrying so much about the weight, you are changing your body composition for the better and it truly means so much more than the weight loss. Congrats!!!
  • phizzylizzy
    phizzylizzy Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Thanks all. LOL, no I am not getting married in a bikini. I'm still sore from the chin ups I did on Tuesday so I believe the effort will be worth it. I'm glad if there is any inspiration for those working through the program. I know that I scoured the internet for success pictures with this program before I started, and posting helps keep me honest!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Those are some impressive results!! You're going to have to be careful as you get closer to your wedding, you're going to cost yourself some serious dough in alterations.
  • CanGirl40
    CanGirl40 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Thanks all. LOL, no I am not getting married in a bikini. I'm still sore from the chin ups I did on Tuesday so I believe the effort will be worth it. I'm glad if there is any inspiration for those working through the program. I know that I scoured the internet for success pictures with this program before I started, and posting helps keep me honest!

You might want to skip to stage 7. Stage 6 focus is on the pull up. I injured myself in stage 6 and my arm has never fully recovered. But you are doing AMAY-ZING!!!
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Love it! You have totally changed your body! Keep it up !
  • runzalot81
    runzalot81 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    You are looking super!
  • ajidllensi
    ajidllensi Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look great!!